• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Hare-Brained Half-Baked Theory on Master's Defender & Aqua

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Okay, so hear me out. A while back we got the confirmation that the Master's Defender scene from the very first trailer was not appearing in III, and I'm not buying it for a second. Here is the evidence against it.

I thought of this while pondering how the fuck anyone in this series is going to be able to save Ventus now, and I've come up with a solution that may or may not work depending on the actual rules of Castle Oblivion. The rules on how it is locked have been pretty vague up until now, and I've got a theory to squeeze into the void while that information of the castle is still under lock and key *ba dum tss*.

So, from what I have gathered about the Dark Margin, it has some sort of weird connection to the whole series that's far deeper than anyone has really thought about. Think about the amount of important scenes that have happened in the dark margin: Roxas being asked his true name, Riku and Sora being trapped on the beach at the end of Kingdom Hearts II, Blank Points, etc. It's a place of significance with a weird connection to Destiny Islands, something that hasn't been further explored up to this point.

So, remember that weird scene at the end of Kingdom Hearts II? Yeah, the one where Kairi wrote that letter towards the beginning of the game and it ended up on the shores of the Dark Margin by... floating there? No one seems to bring that up, and why is that? Is it because the scene is animated as a cinematic? That shouldn't matter, since it only switched to FMV once Sora picked up the letter, and even then it's still canon! So, what sort of connection do these two shores have, and why does it seem that they can communicate from them?

Okay, so another loose point that might contribute to some sort of significance. Let's look at the FMV opening to 0.2. I know, it's not canon, but bear with me. The symbolism of the dark realm being underwater is brought up at the end of BbS and is explored in the opening of 0.2, with Aqua surfacing from the dark realm to the Destiny Islands. I know it's just symbolizing her return to the light eventually, but this could be interpreted a different way in a second.

Let's watch the ending of BbS again. Aqua, led by Ven's keyblade, takes him to Land of Departure, where she sits him in the throne room and transforms the world into Castle Oblivion, leaving Ven in the Chamber of Waking. Now, this theory will only loosely work if the rules are this: It's not that Aqua knows the only way there necessarily, but rather it's only the Master's Defender that can unlock the correct way to the Chamber.

If what I said in that last part is true, then Aqua being possessed may not be the end of the world for Ventus. If she is not solely responsible for being the one to get to Ventus, then it's not a lost cause. Here's how it works: Aqua, fearing that Xehanort is going to take her over very soon, throws the Master's Defender in the water, where it is washed away across the sea to... the Destiny Islands! Sora, Donald, and Goofy reach Destiny Islands in a lull during the main game, where they have hit a brick wall on how to stop Xehanort after getting the news that Aqua is not going to be able to take them there. Better yet, I don't even see the point of waiting; have Aqua float the keyblade over in the beginning of the game right before she is corrupted and have Sora pick it up before he starts the rest of his journey after Hercules.

With the keyblade in hand, Sora discovers that it isn't Aqua that can lead the way, but Eraqus' keyblade. With the second keyblade in hand, he goes off to find Ventus once and for all, met with hot opposition by Vanitas and Aqua along the way to the Chamber of Waking.

I don't know, I'm writing this at 2:00 in the morning and it's probably terrible, but let me know what you think!

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Well, maybe we will get some backstory on not only Xehanort and No Name, but Master's Defender as well? I've always had this feeling that Master's Defender was passed down from successor to successor, and Eraqus's master gifted it to him when he took over LoD.

I do think it's kind of convenient that Aqua can just lock up LoD just by listening to Eraqus's speech for, like, 2 minutes. I'd make sense if Master's Defender was the.... key.

If Aqua's going to be a Nort, I'd love for them to do something like this. Sora or Riku/Mickey find Master's Defender, save Ventus first, and have Ventus help rescue Aqua instead of the other way around.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I would argue that the letter reaching Sora and Riku has less to do with a supposed connection between beaches than the already established connection between hearts, particularly Sora's and Kairi's. Even then though, this theory of yours could still work under that assumption, in that Master Defender would simply seek out Sora through his connection with Aqua.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
that Master Defender would simply seek out Sora through his connection with Aqua.

I'd say it is more likely that the Master Defender follows Aqua's connection with Ventus, whose heart is still within Sora as of now as that connection is closer and stronger.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I'd say it is more likely that the Master Defender follows Aqua's connection with Ventus, whose heart is still within Sora as of now as that connection is closer and stronger.

With Blank Points in mind, maybe it could go either way. Maybe she knows that Sora is trying to save her and protect the worlds, and sends it/it finds its way to him so he can at least save Ven.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Some thoughts on this since the last time I posted this theory:

Well, the scene from the very first trailer is canon again! It appears that Sora finds it after Olympus and consults Donald and Goofy on what to do with it, so THAT part IS still in the game!

Also, it looks like the symbolism of Aqua being saved by Sora in the water IS going to be in the game! BOO-YAH!

So far, the only confirmation I have is the imagery, really. I am glad that they are giving the Master's Defender to Sora, though. That could open up a lot of doors, and it's a nice way to connect Birth by Sleep and Sora's story even further.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I think it's worth noting that, from the brief quarter of a second that we see Aqua fighting Ansem, she doesn't have Master Defender in hand; perhaps she may not have it at all by then. Yes, that is a lot to assume from a quarter-second clip, but it would help explain why she would presumably lose that fight and become a vessel.

Overall, I think you have a fully baked theory, Grono!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I think it's worth noting that, from the brief quarter of a second that we see Aqua fighting Ansem, she doesn't have Master Defender in hand; perhaps she may not have it at all by then. Yes, that is a lot to assume from a quarter-second clip, but it would help explain why she would presumably lose that fight and become a vessel.

Overall, I think you have a fully baked theory, Grono!

Mhmm! Well, not all of it xD But we can't expect perfection, can we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back