• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My Grandfather Has Passed Away

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Today at sometime this morning between 4 am and 2 pm, my grandfather passed away. My grandmother, from what I can tell, is alright for now.

Here is how it all went down.

My grandmother woke up at 4 am to give him his daily coffee and his medication. He was complaining his legs hurt and so he took his medicine. He wasn't talking to her much, due to the time of day, so she just went back to sleep with him. She awoke at around 12 pm and went up front without messing with him. At around 2 pm she walked back there, having not heard him ask for anything else, to check on him. She bent over and felt he was cold and was not talking to her. Frantically, she called my younger sister and told her to give the phone to my father. He then ran back to his bedroom and told my mom to wake up and go with him to make sure my grandfather had really passed. She jumped with a jolt and soon she, my father, and older sister. Now my older sister is over at her house staying with my grandmother for a bit.

He was 70 years old, turning 71 this year.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ugh your poor grandmother, that must have been awful for her. I'm so sorry, you should go see her even if she seems okay. She might be in shock.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I felt the same when I found out my Great-Grandmother died... We found out in the winter and it was a month before We could visit her grave... I only met her once... But a wise old Alien said:

Do not fear for those around you who transform into the force, Mourn them do not, Miss them do not, Attachment leads to Jealousy, The Shadow of Greed that is.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Aww. D:

Well, from what you said, his death may have been a surprise but, at least it wasn't a painfully drawn out one. I hope your grandmother fares well and that his passing doesn't wound your family too greatly.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I'm really sorry to hear that. Personally I think it wouldn't hurt to visit her yourself, but your sister is with her so that's good. Sorry again. C'est la vie. My heart goes out to your grandmother

O

Oberon

Sorry to hear, dude. Both my grandparents passed (on my dad's side) when I was 10/11. It's pretty rough.

All the best.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Reminds me of my Grandfather, who I believe died similarly to yours. He was bed-ridden after a stroke and began to get loopy. Whenever I greeted him, he kept thinking I was my father and wanted me. At other times, I think he hated me because of what my Dad did. So similarity was a bitch. A part of his brain shut down, which helped him consume food I hear. He just wasn't 'eating'. In the end, he died. That time, I really didn't care what happened to him. To this day, even though I saw him often when I was a child, I just didn't care for him.

He was just a man with ignorant views and a culture I absolutely abhor.

I can see where you are coming from, Weeaboo, but I can't empathise. Just rather I understand what my family went through his death. So condolences for your Grandfather's death.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
So, what is the problem?
Because you have just posted a statement. I dont understand how this isnt a blog entry.

Ace.

Banned
Sorry to hear that
40.gif

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
I'm sorry to hear that. I know what you must be feeling, my grandfather passed a few years ago. On 9/11, no less. It's a difficult realization, but he's in a better place.

All the best.

So, what is the problem?
Because you have just posted a statement. I dont understand how this isnt a blog entry.

Community Lounge -> General Discussion -> Help and Support

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
For some people, just talking about it with others is a source of comfort. Chill.

It isnt a big deal, I admit. I just find it funny how my threads get bombed when I make a wrong move, yet this seems to be an obvious one and no one cares.

Sure, it is a sad story if you are Weaboo. But, I didnt know people on here were worried about hurting feelings when they wanted to get their message across.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Sorry for your loss. My Grandmother on my mothers side i fear is nearing her end. At least she gives off those signs a lot lately. She always falls, passes out, and she losing her memory as time passes.

I've rarely known what it's like to lose someone i love and therefore feel even greater fear losing the people i love in greater numbers.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
It isnt a big deal, I admit. I just find it funny how my threads get bombed when I make a wrong move, yet this seems to be an obvious one and no one cares.

Sure, it is a sad story if you are Weaboo. But, I didnt know people on here were worried about hurting feelings when they wanted to get their message across.

Don't you ever try and notice that it says I'm female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back