• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My friend and I made this (Share what you think, or if you can't see the image let me know)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqualung

This is a Keyblade that a friend and I designed and made in Blender while I was over at his house on my day off. I worked on the handle, keychain, and the heart shape with teeth, while he did the blade and its designs.

In the final episode of my Reborn from the Darkness fanfic, which will occur after the ending of each scenario on Destiny Islands (Which is going to be a "semi-final world" like Keyblade Graveyard from Birth by Sleep), Kairi is going to get this when her scenario in the final episode (Which will be one of two scenarios in that fanfic because it will most likely be separate from the main part of Reborn from the Darkness) begins, which takes place after my Three Doors trilogy of fanfics. Below is a render of the Keyblade.

deathbringer.png

Photobucket link for those who can't see the ImageShack link: http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad337/aqualung3/newalbum/deathbringer.png

The guard almost looks like a one-eyed demonic creature, but it's also looks like a dark-gray, trident-shaped claw that has yellow-gold nails. On the top and bottom of the silver handle, there are two eyes: a yellow one at the top of the handle meeting the base of the blade with two yellow nails protruding from the "wings" (Or "tails," depends on how you view them), and a blue one that is perpendicular with the yellow eye but positioned on the bottom tip of the handle that also acts as the anchor for the keychain. Both eyes are shaped like the ones on both of Riku's weapons, but longer in width.

As for the blade itself, it's silver in color and resembles the blade of Riku's Soul Eater, but it's more smooth and has a yellow-gold guard. Along its length is a unique, dark-gray version of the filigree present on Ultima Weapon that looks more jagged and twisted in appearance, with part of it trailing behind the blade's base to resemble the talon at the base of the blade on Riku's Way to the Dawn.

The top of the blade is a heart-shape that resembles the original Ultima Weapon's Keychain, but is more curved in appearance and is split into four quadrants like the Heartless insignia. The border of each quadrant is a yellow-gold, with all four quadrants forming a checker-shape of silver and dark-gray. Protruding from this heart-shape that is below the very tip of the blade are four dark-gray fingers with yellow-gold claws that form the teeth of the Keyblade.

Finally, the Keychain features two different shapes: A silver star and a heart that features a yellow-gold half and a dark-gray half. The star represents Kairi's charm in a way, while the heart is reminiscent of the original KH Ultima Weapon's keychain. On the star are two eyes like the ones found on the handle, with one being yellow and the other being blue.

There is also some symbolism in this weapon that relates to the friendship of Sora, Kairi, and Riku. The colors apparent in most of the blade's design represent one of the friends in the trio of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Specifically, dark-gray represents Riku, silver represents Sora, and the yellow-gold represents Kairi. The heart shape below the teeth symbolizes Kairi (yellow-gold) as being the one who bonds Sora (silver) and Riku (dark-gray) together, which is ironic because originally they were more-or-less competing for her. The keychain, on the other hand, symbolizes Sora (silver) as being the one who bonds Riku (dark-gray) and Kairi (yellow-gold) together, and its two eyes reference a form that will be gained later. The two symbolisms apparent in the heart shapes actually contradict each other, but this is actually showing that Sora and Kairi are connected somehow.

If you were to search for one phrase to sum up this entire weapon, it could be considered a "Dark Ultima Weapon." I was thinking of calling it "Ultima Weapon-D" for the longest time, like how Mickey's version of the Kingdom Key was named, but the name "Deathbringer" both fit several parts of its appearance and the unique ability it has.

Last edited:

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Re: Just got back from my trip to a friend's place on my day off, we both collaborated to design thi

The picture won't appear. :p

Aqualung

Re: Just got back from my trip to a friend's place on my day off, we both collaborated to design thi

That's strange, let me check the imageshack link again.

EDIT: I re-uploaded it as a 640x480 and put it outside the spoiler tag. It's showing up for me but I don't know if anyone else is having problems viewing it.

If you can't see this, please post here and I'll see what else I can do about it. Otherwise, let me know what you think of this model. Thank you!

Last edited:

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
This reminds me of Soi Fon's zanpakuto for some reason.

I like the design of the blade and handle but the black teeth on the blade are messing it up for me. They seem irregular in their pattern and too thick. Other than that I think it looks pretty good.

Aqualung

This reminds me of Soi Fon's zanpakuto for some reason.

Most likely it's the teeth at the tip of the blade. I just noticed that the curve at their back make it look like that weapon, lol. XD

I like the design of the blade and handle but the black teeth on the blade are messing it up for me. They seem irregular in their pattern and too thick. Other than that I think it looks pretty good.

My friend wanted to apply a subsurf modifier to it, and afterward I thought the whole irregular look gave it more of a feel as a weapon of dark or chaotic powers. It's supposed to contrast in a way with Ultima Weapon's filigree, which is more orderly in shape and brighter colored.

I guess I could play around a bit with some previous files to give it more of a pattern, but if anything I'll definitely keep the jagged spikes they have going.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Yeah I see what you're saying, they just seem to thick though. Maybe try varying the sizes? Like keep some of the thick spikes and then make small ones.

That seems like it'll be more chaotic looking.

Aqualung

I'm currently helping my friend move to his new house right now, but before leaving my place I made a new filigree in the original file, uploaded the render, and put it in my first post here. I also adjusted the lighting a little, so it should be overall much better now.

It looks much more like a pattern now than just random lines, because there are small and large spikes in select areas. There are also less of them to allow a more detailed viewing of the blade underneath. The actual Deathbringer sword from FF12 inspired part of the filigree's design, so it'll look somewhat familiar if you've seen it in that game (Which is one of my favorite Final Fantasies, even though I haven't played it in over half a year now).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back