• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► My Forged Kingdom Hearts Wedding

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

navyninja87

Title: My Forged KH Wedding
Author: navyninja87
Disclaimer: I don’t Own KH, Final Fantasy, Disney or my Forged wedding.

Lilliana entered the Knight and the Rose. It was still a shock to her that her cousin Sora owned a bar in Twilight Town. Sora was inviting her fiancé to use his bar as a location in which to meet his future in laws and ask for permission to wed her. Upon her entrance, she discovered that she was the only one out of her party to even arrive.

At the bar counter, there were a group of eight men. The first man was wearing a red robe, an odd sort of crown that reminded her of the Sun’s rays and large round turquoise earrings in both ears jovially chatting with the second man sitting next to him. The second man could only be described as big and burly, his kind demeanor seemingly out of place. The third was dressed like a seventeenth century English soldier. He was nursing a drink while the fourth man tried to start a conversation with him. The fourth was every bit as big and burly as the second man but without the friendly demeanor.

The fifth seemed cockier than the fourth and the sixth seemed cold and somber. The seventh gave her a nod as the eighth clapped a hand on his shoulder.

“Lilli!” She saw Sora coming towards her, a cheesy grin on his features. “Welcome to the Knight and the Rose.”

“Let me guess, you and Riku could not agree on even a name for a pub together.” Lilliana theorized slowly. Riku laughed and Lilliana snorted. Riku and Sora were always in competition with the other. It was not in their nature to make decisions together.

“Well I wanted to name it the Boar’s Head Inn,” Riku admitted, “But Kuzco, Kronk and John Smith all said they would not frequent the pub if it went by that name. So to appease the traitors, Sora decided on the Knight and the Rose.”

“You try appealing to an emperor who used to be a llama.” Sora countered. Lilliana sneaked a glance at the first man again. Seriously, he used to be a llama? “According to Kuzco, he was a spoiled self-centered brat of an emperor who narrowly escaped his advisors death sentence, thanks to her mixing up vials of poison and llama extract. And that’s the short story.” Sora explained.

“Who mistakes a vial of poison for llama extract?” Lilliana asked.

“That would be, uh, me.” The second man admitted. “I couldn’t help but overhear. I’m Kronk. Yzma didn’t label her potions all too well, in my defense.” The second man clarified while the first laughed.

“Plus, she picked you as her right hand man. She didn’t have any right to blame her incompetence on you.” The first man remarked. “I’m Emperor Kuzco.” Nodding as she noticed a little boy coming in to the pub, it seemed Kuzco wasn’t too thrilled about the boy’s appearance.

“Tipo, you know you’re not allowed in here.” Kuzco remarks kindly but sternly. “At least not until you’re 21.” It made Lilliana think that Kuzco knew the child personally.

“Sorry, Your Majesty but I have a package for this pretty lady next to you.” Lilliana blinked. “Here you go!” Tipo handed her the envelope and then rushed out of the pub. Lilliana instantly paled when she saw Max’s handwriting on the envelope. Opening it, she found a crocheted bookmark that she made for him and a letter.

“Are you okay?” Kuzco asked.

“He’s not coming.” Lilliana replied with despair. “I don’t know what I’m going to do! Thankfully, I never described Max to my parents…”

“Uh, you may be out of time.” Kronk gestured to Lilliana’s parents, who were coming in the pub. All Liliana could do was mentally panic. Now she needed to prepare her parents that there was no wedding.

Slowly, Lilliana approached her parents. “This is a nice pub, Sora.” Her father remarked before he noticed Lilliana. “Oh, Lilliana, you’re late. So where’s your fiancé?” Lilliana panicked inwardly again, watching Kuzco and Kronk animatedly discuss something.

“Oh he’s late as usual.” Lilliana evaded the question.

“He should be on time.” her mother said sternly. Lilliana gulped. How would they take it if she told them that there wasn’t…

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” A familiar voice replied. “Lilliana did tell me to be early.”

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm incredibly curious who came to Lilliana's rescue? Kind of a shame she got stood up by her own fiance, but maybe it wasn't meant to be? On the other hand, I really like how you nailed Sora and Riku's personality; including Kronk and Kuzco. lol. This was a really enjoyable read and well worth reading. I hope there will be more chapters to follow! :)

navyninja87

I'm working on the second chapter as we speak. I hope I can continue to nail Kuzco and Kronk's personalities perfectly. Although, some of the Final Fantasy characters might be a problem once I get to them. Leon and Cloud I can easily reference from Kingdom Hearts but Seifer might be a problem since I haven't played all the way through FF VIII yet. Thanks for your review!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
“Well I wanted to name it the Boar’s Head Inn,” Riku admitted, “But Kuzco, Kronk and John Smith all said they would not frequent the pub if it went by that name.”
I don't know why, but I choked on my drink when I read that. Almost sounds like the beginning of a joke... "A llama emperor, a large burly peasant, and John Smith walk into a bar..."

Well, I've no clue what "My Forged Wedding" is, but you wrote the dialogue well enough that I don't care. I'll keep an eye on this one.

navyninja87

I don't know why, but I choked on my drink when I read that. Almost sounds like the beginning of a joke... "A llama emperor, a large burly peasant, and John Smith walk into a bar..."

Well, I've no clue what "My Forged Wedding" is, but you wrote the dialogue well enough that I don't care. I'll keep an eye on this one.

My Forged Wedding is a romance simulation app that Japan refers to as Otome. Basically its a story based video game for Android and IOS that features several bachelors to choose from with varying personalities (In my opinion, jerk is the default setting) backgrounds and quirks. I got stuck on it when it was advertised in one of my games and the idea swung into my head as I was watching The Emperor's New Groove after reading the aforementioned app.

As to the almost joke, I wasn't thinking of that. I was only paying attention to their personalities when I wrote it. It sounds like something Kuzco would say .

Last edited by a moderator:

navyninja87

Chapter 2:
‘Oh great…’ Lilliana thought as she noticed Kuzco standing next to her. ‘Why is Emperor Kuzco lying to my parents? He doesn’t know me from Adam, Belle’s prince!’ She thought Kuzco was hamming it up a bit with her parents. Didn’t emperors have a policy of not lying to the populace? Then again, Kuzco probably wouldn’t have stepped in to help her before his time as a llama.

“Follow my lead if you don’t want your parents to know that your fiancé has walked out on you…” Kuzco hissed in her ear under the pretense of whispering sweet nothings in her ear as he took her hand in his. She blushed, wondering how far they would let this situation go. “I apologize for not meeting you sooner but I run my own kingdom.” Lilliana’s parents both nodded in response. “I asked Lilli not to tell you because I was unsure of how my advisors would react on the news that she is to become my empress.”

“And they approve now?” her father asked Kuzco cautiously.

“Not all of them, no but as I am the emperor, they’ll just have to put up with it.” Kuzco arrogantly stated. “They say it’s time I settled down and produced an heir for the kingdom. Well, your daughter is the woman that I want to do that with, sir. Would you give us your permission to wed?” Lilliana was surprised at Kuzco’s apparent sincerity.

“I see.” Her father replied blandly, eyeing Lilliana with worry. “Do you want to be Kuzco’s empress, Lilliana?”

“No, but Kuzco has graciously arranged for an Empress boot camp to teach me what I need to know…haven’t you darling?” Lilliana slyly shot at Kuzco. If she expected Kuzco to be fazed, the emperor wasn’t. He just patted her knee with his hand, making her heart race.

“Please take care of Lilliana, then. You have our blessing.” Her father said before leaving and concluding the meeting.

As soon as Lilliana was sure her parents were gone, she turned to Kuzco and asked, “What on earth was that all about?” Kuzco looked sheepish as he looked away from her.

“I need an empress and a heir.” Kuzco said thoughtfully as he twiddled his fingers.
“And what…exactly do I have to do with this nefarious scheme of yours, Kuzco?” Lilliana asked softly as she glared at him. Kuzco genuinely looked alarmed by her question. Lilliana hated lying to her parents and while she was grateful to Kuzco, this whole thing didn’t set well with her.

“Yes, by all means, please tell us.” Sora and Riku said in unison. Lilliana stared at Riku and Sora, unable to believe that the two men looked almost livid on her behalf. Sora’s anger was believable because he was her cousin but Riku’s was unbelievable.

“Nefarious, no. Scheme…yes.” Kuzco admitted. “You’ll give me three months of time to look for a woman I can fall in love with after I marry her and I get your parents off your back about your fiancé. I’ll even shoulder the blame for the break up.” Lilliana watched Sora and Riku exchange a look. “After three months, I’ll help you look for a husband too.”

“What if we fall in love, Kuzco?” Lilliana asked, putting emphasis on the 'we' in her sentence.

“Nah, that’ll never happen. Do emperors look like they fall in love with lowly peasants?” The question grated on Lilliana’s nerves.

“I find that I don’t like your attitude, Kuzco.” Sora said.

“Agreed. I don’t either.” Riku agreed. Lilliana stared at the two men, her eyes wide with disbelief. They actually agreed on something! “We need a plan.”

“Hmm.” Sora murmured as he thought. “Kuzco does have a point before the lowly peasant remark but I’m going to alter that plan. Lilliana, please live with Kuzco.”

“What, are you nuts?” Liliana asked. Sora chuckled.

“What are you trying to go for, Sora?” Riku asked. Kuzco raised his eyebrows at Sora.

“I’m going to make an emperor regret his words.” Sora replied coldly as he stubbornly folded his arms. “Lilliana is a wonderful lady, Kuzco…Not some lowly peasant.”

----

A/N: Now Kuzco’s made two Keybladers mad at him in two seconds flat! What a thoughtless young emperor...I'm also adding an element from another Voltage game I'm reading called My Wedding and 7 rings. Basically, Sora is KH's counterpart to Hayami Seiichirō.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Looks like Kuzco got more than he bargained for out of this one. lol. I like how Sora and Riku were upset on her behalf too. I wonder how Liliana will feel upon living with Kuzco for a short amount of time? And goodness gracious, Liliana's parents sure are gullible for taking Kuzco by his word about the matter. Either way, this shows tons of promise for the next chapter to come. :D

navyninja87

I'm thinking of restarting this one without the parents. I would like Sora to still be Kh's counterpart to Seiichirou but I need to do some serious rebooting. Will continue when I have a story plan.

Last edited:

navyninja87

With her luggage in hand, Lilliana exited the spaceport. “So…this is Twilight Town.” She murmured as she took in the sight of all the brightly lit shops and buildings. The town felt so open yet so congested. It was, honestly, a bit overwhelming for her since Destiny Islands was a fraction of Twilight Town’s size. “Am I really going to be okay to live here like this?” She asked herself. When Lilliana thought about the future she was to face, Lilliana’s anxiety ramped up a few notches.

But certain events made her come to Twilight Town and she couldn’t go back home again. “First, I have to call Cousin Sora.” She reminded herself as she took out the note her mother stashed in her purse before her spaceflight began. Sora was Lilliana’s relative, a second cousin on her mother’s side. According to her mother, Sora was co-proprietor of the Knight of the Rose Bar and Grill in Twilight Town. Recently, within the last year, Lilliana graduated from college but failed to find a job.

So, without any other hints or connections, Lilliana came to Twilight Town in hopes that Sora could help. ‘The last time I saw him was at my sister’s wedding 5 years ago. I might not recognize him…’ she thought. ‘He must be sophisticated because he co-owns his own bar.’
As Lilliana imagined how her cousin would look now, she dialed the number her mother gave her. On the third ring, she heard a semi-familiar voice answer, “Hello?”

“Hello, is Sora there?” She asked. “This is Lilliana.”

“Lilliana?” The voice parroted in confusion. Lilliana began to be irritated by the fact that her cousin could not remember her. 5 years was not too long of a time for her cousin to not remember her.

“Is this a joke, Sora? Lilliana from Destiny Islands…you know, your cousin?” She asked, almost convinced that Sora was pranking her.

“Oh, Lilli!” Sora’s voice immediately brightened and Lilliana relaxed upon her cousin’s remembrance of her.

“Sora, I’ve arrived at the station. Can I head over now?” she asked.

“Actually, could you pick up some things for me at the store? The guys have wiped out my entire supply.” Sora asked. “I’ll pay you back when you get here.”

“Sure.” Liliana answered. “What did you need?”

“I’ll text you a list.” Sora remarked. “Thanks, Lilli, you’re one in a million!” After that comment, Sora disconnected the call. After a few seconds, Lilliana received a text.

“Cinnamon, Saffron, Fenugreek, Cardamom.” Lilliana read. “What are all these?” The list looked like cooking ingredients to her. So, without knowing what to buy, she headed to the grocery store.

Lilliana walked into the market and was blown away by the humongous difference between this store and Destiny Islands’ fruit stalls. She began looking for what she now referred to as ‘something-greek’ in the produce section. As she did so, she ran into a solid wall. She looked up and saw ice-blue eyes glaring at her. He didn’t seem friendly but out of desperation, Lilliana decided to ask him.

“Um, do you know where I can find something-greek?” Lilliana asked nervously.

“Something-greek?” The man asked as his eyebrow furrowed further. He didn’t seem to be too thrilled about her running into his chest as he folded his arms.

“Um, fenugreek?” Lilliana amended, quickly checking her list.

The man gave Lilliana an exasperated look. “A woman should know what fenugreek is, idiot. It’s a spice and you are obviously in the wrong section.”

“Oh, fenugreek is a spice?” Lilliana asked with interest. The man sighed and rolled his eyes at her. He probably thought that her IQ level was below his belt. ‘I didn’t know that he was set to jerk mode.’ She thought nastily.

“What woman doesn’t know what she’s buying? What a weirdo.” The man said with a snort.

“Excuse me?! Who are you calling a weirdo?” Lilliana quietly exploded.

“The spice section is over here, mademoiselle.” The man mockingly replied, ignoring her as he briskly walked. Lilliana was given no choice but to follow him and wonder what kind of person calls a stranger weirdo upon meeting them for the first time.

‘Just my rotten luck. I get the ‘jerk next door’ type of guy leading to the spices section.’ She thought and then gave herself a mental slap.

“Imported spices should be on this shelf.” The man said as soon as he stopped in front of a shelf. The spices were all neatly organized according to name.

“Fenugreek…Oh, here it is.” Lilliana commented but made a small sound of disappointment because the spice was on the top shelf where she couldn’t reach. “Oh…um.”

She was about to ask his name when he sneered, “Pathetic…You need help with everything, don’t you?” as he reached for the spice bottle. “What else do you need? Hurry or I’ll change my mind like the villain I am.”

“Huh?” Lilliana asked slowly.

“What else are you buying, weirdo?” The man snapped, obviously irritated by Lilliana. “Do you have a list or not?”

“Oh right…Um.” Lilliana murmured as she consulted her list. “I’m farsighted so I have to read it up close.”

The man sighed. “Whatever. Read them off to me. I’m not about to go too far in playing hero to your damsel in distress.” He murmured.

“Cinnamon, Saffron, and Cardamom.” She read off the list.

“They’re all on this particular aisle.” The man grumbled as he tossed the bottles into the basket. Lilliana sighed with relief since the required spices were in her basket.

“Thank you for helping me.” She squeaked.

“Yeah, yeah. Belle would have done better…Even Mal, Maleficent’s daughter would have done better than you.” Lilliana glared at her good Samaritan. “I feel sorry for the man you’ll eventually marry one day.” Lilliana was now properly incensed. How could the man insult her, bold as he pleased? He didn’t know her and besides, she wouldn’t want to marry a rude guy like him anyway. With that thought ringing in her mind, she took the basket and headed toward the register.

“Okay, according to the map, it should be this way.” Lilliana mumbled. But there was no sign telling her where the business actually sat. “Okay, well, if it doesn’t turn out to be the Knight of the Rose Bar and Grill that I am looking for, I can always ask directions.” Lilliana mumbled.

“Hey, can I help you?” A man with white and black hair asked. His parentage was glaringly obvious besides being familiar. A dog sat at his side. The dog blinked at her and then walked up to her, pulling the man along as he went. “Dude, what is up with you today?” He asked the dog. Once the man was close enough, the dog managed to wind his leash around their legs. “I apologize for my dog. He’s really never acted like this before.”

“You must be Cruella De Vil’s son. What’s the story behind Dude?” she asked with a laugh. At least he seemed nicer than the jerk in the grocery store.

“Carlos De Vil. It’s a long one that involves my crazy mother.” He said with a grin. “I guess Dude likes you or else he wouldn’t have wound his leash around our legs.” Lilliana laughed again.

“I’m actually looking for my cousin, Sora Nomura.” Lilliana explained as Carlos carefully unwound Dude’s leash from their legs.

“Oh, Sora’s in here.” Carlos said as he took her hand to lead her in. “It’s also a family establishment. Usually, I wouldn’t be able to bring Dude into a restaurant but Sora hates it when people tie their dogs outside.” That definitely sounded like her dear cousin.

The restaurant’s interior reminded her of Destiny Islands, small and cozy. “Yo, Sora…There’s someone here to see you.” Carlos called out.

“For goodness’ sakes, Carlos…can’t the son of Cruella speak normally?” Sora’s eyes fell onto Lilliana as he asked Carlos the question. Sora still looked as carefree as ever, though there was a hardness lining the softness now. “Didn’t my sacrifice to stay on the isle teach you anything?”

“Nope.” Carlos grinned. “Not a thing.”

Sora turned to her and shot her his trademark grin. “Lilli!”

“Hey Sora.” Lilliana replied, grinning herself. It didn’t look like Sora changed at all, still tending toward slackish ways.

“You know each other?” Carlos asked as if that fact just dawned on him.

“She’s my second cousin and from Destiny Islands.” Sora explained.

--

Will add second part later.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm extremely curious who the jerk is. Poor Lilliana getting spoken to like that! At least it wasn't all bad, once she ran into Carlos! I really like how you're showing some of the villains in this instead of just good guys. Although, Carlos seems to be nice for being Cruella's son. On the other hand, I hope Lillana doesn't have too much trouble living in a new place despite whatever happened to make her leave home in the first place. I can't wait for part 2.

navyninja87

You'll find out soon. Let me explain about Carlos and Jay. Carlos is the son of Cruella De Vil and he is featured, along with Jay in the DCOM Disney Descendants. I chose him out of a need to use the scene where Pongo and Perdita wrap their leashes around their owners legs in 101 Dalmatians and I thought it would be cute.

Jay is the son of Jafar (and his name is Jafar Jr. Guess Jafar couldn't think of anything else.) He was picked because his personality is closest to Saeki's in My Forged Wedding and I like BooBoo Stewart, who plays him. Anyway, this is 4 years after the events of the movie for Jay and Carlos. Next chapter will be up as soon as I type it.

Last edited:

navyninja87

“You must be tired, Lilli. Why don’t you have a seat?” Sora asked. Lilliana gratefully took a seat next to Carlos. “Did you buy what I asked you to?” Lilliana nodded and handed Sora the grocery bag. Carlos kept staring at Lilliana, which in turn annoyed Sora. “De Vil!” Sora snapped. “Can you please not stare at my cousin like that?”

“Sorry. It’s just that she’s really pretty.” Carlos mumbled, looking away.

Sora ignored Carlos. “Thanks, Lilliana. I was supposed to go yesterday but Riku was too busy to go in my stead and the guys needed a firm hand.” Lilliana laughed. Sora, in Riku’s words, was a lazy bum so all one would get out of him was excuses. “So, your mother told me that you haven’t found a job yet.” Sora said, leaning over the counter.

“Yes, that’s true.” Lilliana confirmed. “I’ve been looking for work since I graduated.”

“Hmm. There’s a tough market out there because of the bad economy on a few of the other worlds.” Sora replied as he rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “A lot of the refugees are finding jobs and it’s creating a tough market for the world’s job system.”

“Yeah, what I was selling was rejected too.” Carlos replied. Sora rolled his eyes but his smile was back and Lilliana relaxed.

“What do you sell, Carlos?” She asked.

“Oh, that was a joke, if you couldn’t tell. I’m in training to become a comedian. Have you ever heard of the group Crazy De Vils?” Carlos asked with a slight grin.

“Really? That’s my favorite comedian group!” Lilliana replied. “That’s why you look so familiar!”

“Yeah, I’m the founder of that group. But according to Yuta Kajima, the comedian I’m apprenticing under…I have a long way to go.” Lilliana smiled. Carlos grabbed her hand and shook it roughly. “It’s nice to meet an actual fan!”

“Not to mention Carlos got the name of his group from his mother, Cruella De Vil.” Sora explained.

“Clever pun on his mother. From what I know, she was crazy.” Lilliana remarked without thinking. “Oh, I’m sorry Carlos.”

“No, you’re right. She never got over the Dalmatians escaping her clutches. In fact, she wears a stuffed dog and talks to it.” Carlos replied somewhat bitterly. “It wasn’t until Maleficent disappeared that she started acting like a real mother somewhat, thanks to a visit from Evie and Mal.”
“Ah.” She remarked. “Do you visit her often?”

“No. She relapses far more than can be called being reliably stable.” Carlos answered her question. “The last time I was there, she started in on me about being unmarried and being the last of the De Vils, even though I was nineteen. I’m now almost twenty one.” Lilliana felt sorry for Carlos. Having a mother like that would drive anyone absolutely bonkers.

“Anyway, sorry for the short notice,” Sora interrupted, “But there are a few people I would like you to meet, Lilliana.”

“Huh?” Lilliana asked, still on the conversation with Carlos.

“Over there.” Sora pointed to the entrance of the bar as three men came in. One was dressed in an impeccable dark blue suit with white shirt and red tie, the second dressed in a plain dark red and black leather coat, white shirt and black pants and the third in a buff coat, squire armor with thigh high boots, brown gloves and a large belt. Sora beckoned them to come closer. Lilliana wondered if this was a job interview.

“Hello, I’m Cody Hida.” The man wearing a suit said to her, holding out a business card. The card bore the name of a well-known law firm.

“You’re a lawyer, Mr. Hida?” Lilliana asked.

“There’s no need for formalities.” Cody answered with a half-smile. “You can call me by my first name.” Lilliana frowned but acquiesced to Cody’s request.

“Okay…Cody.” She replied slowly.

“That’s fine. It’s a pleasure meeting you.” Cody bowed politely. “Lilliana, I understand that you’re from Destiny Islands. Did you go to college there as well?”

“Yes. I’ve lived on Destiny Islands all my life.” Lilliana replied, finding that she really liked Cody.

“What did you study in college?” he asked.

“Um…” Lilliana looked confused. Did her interview already start?! She didn’t have the skills to work at a law firm, especially one as prestigious as Cody’s. Deciding to be honest, she blurted out, “Um, may I ask you a question?”

“Sure, go ahead.” Cody replied.

“I’ve only taken a few introductory courses on law in college. Is that okay?” She asked and then bit her lip. Cody smiled warmly at her.

“You don’t need to be familiar with the law.” Cody reassured her. “We’re looking for someone with a friendly smile.”

“Friendly smile?” She asked.

“I’m sure you will do just fine.” Cody replied.

‘A friendly smile? Is it a receptionist job?’ Lilliana thought as she frowned. The man with the leather coat stepped up so he could meet her eyes.

“I guess it’s my turn now.” He said to himself and then added, out loud, “Hello, foxy…” which earned him a glare from Sora. “I’m Jay Thompson. I’m in training to be a screenwriter. Sorry but Takamasa says I only earn my business cards when I graduate from being his apprentice.”

“Entertainment industry?” She squeaked. ‘He certainly doesn’t look like it.’ Lilliana thought.

“I've been looking for someone like you.” Jay murmured as he looked her up from head to toe. While she didn’t feel as comfortable with Jay, she trusted him as she had Carlos.

“Uh, what would I be doing?” Lilliana asked.

“I want you to support me.” Lilliana furrowed her eyebrows. Maybe Jay wanted her to be his secretary.

“Support?” She asked.

“My job keeps me up day and night. I need someone who can stay by my side and support my work.” He explained.
“I see.” So maybe, Liliana guessed, Jay was looking for a personal assistant.

“And…” he stepped forward, “we’re going to have a lot of fun.”

“Huh?” Liliana asked as Jay remolded a look of innocence onto his face. He definitely said ‘fun’.

“Well I’ve introduced you to two of them so far. The quiet one is Delita Heiral. He’s a interworld spy.” Delita waved and laid his head back down. “Apparently his work doesn’t leave him much time to sleep. And the other two…”

“Sorry I’m late.” The door swung open and a man walked in briskly. Sora gave him his best death glare.

“You’re late Gaston. I told you to be on time. If I had a quarter for every time you’re late, I’d be even richer.” Sora complained, making Carlos and Jay laugh in unison. Lilliana couldn’t understand why the two would find that remark funny.

“I had to help a weird woman at the market. So I couldn’t get my things done and honestly, the woman could take a few cues from Belle.” Gaston snapped.

“You’re the man from earlier!” Nonplussed, Gaston looked at her.

“Huh?” He looked at her face and his jaw dropped in surprise.

“You’re the moron from the market!” Gaston exploded. He was the same man, Lilliana was sure of it. She was none too happy with him. Comparing her to two other women and basically degrading her as he spoke to her did not feel good. On the plus side her cousin was staring at them like he was shocked.

“Oh you two have met?” Sora queried.

“Sora, is this the…” Gaston trailed off.

“Yeah she’s my second cousin.” Sora confirmed. Lilliana thought that Gaston might tell Sora that he had an idiot for a cousin. But nothing of the sort ever came out of Gaston’s mouth. Maybe Gaston knew when to keep his mouth shut.

“You got to be kidding me. She’s your cousin?” Gaston asked.

“Now a rude employer’s joined the conversation. Great.” Lilliana mumbled. So she decided to tell her how she felt. “Sora, I don’t think…”
“You don’t think what?” Sora asked.

“I don’t think that Gaston and I could possibly get along or that it would ever work out.” Lilliana expressed, still agitated over how Gaston had treated her in the supermarket.

“What do you mean?” Gaston asked icily.

“You’re rude, conceited…” Lilliana started. Jay and Carlos began to snicker. Gaston glared at them.

“Hey, didn’t Queen Belle say that about you?” Carlos asked with a grin. Gaston wouldn’t even dignify the question with an answer.

“Lilliana,” Sora remarked, folding his arms “do you understand the position that you’re in here?”

“What?” Lilliana asked.

“Aren’t you looking for a job?” Sora asked. His tone was one Lilliana recognized instantly. The tone meant that he was quickly becoming upset. Lilliana needed to avoid that or there would be serious consequences to pay.

“Yes, I understand Sora.” Lilliana remarked.

“Beggars can’t be choosers. You have to take every opportunity that comes your way.” Lilliana didn’t say a word, knowing that Sora was right. What if Gaston did end up as her boss? She’d be screwed. So she needed to apologize now.

“I’m sorry if I offended you earlier.” Lilliana apologized.

“Well judging by your reaction, sweetheart, I think I was just as offensive earlier. So we’re even.” Gaston declared but his attitude wasn’t apologetic at all. “What’s your name?”

“Lilliana.” Lilliana replied. “And what would I be doing for you Gaston?”

“I guess… Cooking, if it’s edible. That’s it.” Cooking? Did Gaston need a cook? She was tempted to tell him to cook on his own. But she knew Sora would not permit her to mouth off to Gaston like that.

“Ok. That’s everyone.”

“Hey wait, I’m one of the prospective employers too.” Carlos broke in.

“Huh?” Lilliana was now confused. She just thought that Carlos was a regular at Sora’s bar.

“It’s no coincidence that I’m here at this bar too. I came for the same reason everyone else did.” Lilliana looked at Carlos. She knew that comedic writing was not one of her talents. In fact she fairly stunk at it. She knew that because she had tried writing jokes once upon a time. Riku said that they were so awful, that the only ones that would touch them were the garbage can and recycle.

“Honestly, I don’t think I’m good with comedic writing, Mr. De Vil.” Lilliana protested.

“Don’t worry!” Carlos said brightly. “You just have to stand next to me.”

‘So he does want me for a partner.’ Lilliana thought morosely. ‘I still stink at writing jokes.’

“Okay that’s everyone now.” Sora said. “Gather around guys.” Much to Lilliana’s horror, that’s exactly what all the guys did. “So what do you think?” Sora asked.

“She’s cute! I like her.” Carlos declared.

“She looks like she’s attentive and trustworthy.” Cody added.

“She may look trustworthy but I bet she has a wild side too.” Jay murmured, grinning.

“Don’t you think she’s a little bit too stubborn?” Gaston asked. “She needs a man to tell her what to do.”

“She doesn’t need you to be that man, Gaston.” Delita huffed. “You would break her.” Lilliana groaned. She could hear all of them. She locked eyes with Sora. He laughed lightheartedly to ease the tension. Lilliana rolled her eyes. This wasn’t the first time that Sora had done something like this.

“This is no laughing matter Sora! What’s going on here? Who are these people?”

“They are my friends.” Sora said simply.

“I thought they were your work acquaintances Sora.” Liliana said confused. Sora looked at her also confused.

“Huh, why?” Sora asked.

“Because isn’t this a job interview?” Lilliana asked in return.

“Nope, I didn’t say that did I?” She thought they were people Sora worked with. But why was he having her meet his friends? “I’ll help you find a job, but in return,” Sora promised, “I have a favor to ask of you.”

“A favor?” Lilliana asked.

“Each of these guys has a problem they need help with and the only one who can help them is you, Lilliana. So I want you to help them, okay?”

“All of them?” Lilliana asked.

“No just one.” Sora answered. “In fact you can only help one.”

Lilliana was confused. She wanted to know what favor Sora needed her to do. “So what favor do you need done?”

“It’s um…” the five men shot worried looks at Sora. One person was rubbing his hands nervously and another swallowed hard. “I can’t tell you just yet.” Sora finished.

“What?” Lilliana asked.

“It’s a really tough matter and I can’t tell you unless you accept the favor.”

“I can’t accept something I don’t know anything about, Sora!” Lilliana exclaimed.

“I understand that but I need you to just accept it.” Sora reiterated.

“I can’t!” Lilliana exclaimed again.

“Really?” Sora said dangerously, his voice silken soft.

“No way.” Lilliana answered.

Sora didn’t say a word as both he and Lilliana had a staring contest. Finally, Sora spoke up. “Lilli, I wouldn’t ask you to do anything weird or irreparable, right? It is a difficult task but I know you can do it.” Lilliana looked at the five men, standing there with hopeful looks in their eyes. When she couldn’t find a job, she felt hopeless. These guys needed her help.

“If I accept, you’re going to help me get a job, right?” Lilliana asked.

“Of course.” Sora answered. “I’ll do everything to find a job that’s perfect for you.”

“Well, if that’s the case then…” Lilliana trailed off. She couldn’t escape the feeling that Sora was seriously setting her up for a prank. Although, Sora didn’t seem the type to set her up to fail.

“You’ll accept?” Sora pressed.

“Yes, if it’s something I can help with.” Five cheers sounded.

“Great! Let me tell you each of their personalities. Firstly, here’s Gaston. He’s rude and mean. You might not get along with him at first but he’s never fallen in love yet. He’ll make quips but he’ll take care of you.” Sora said. There was a steely ‘or else…’ in his tone.

“I don’t like the sound of that.” Gaston commented.

“And as for Jay, he’ll be loyal. Because of his work, he may seem frivolous at times but he is earnest. He will respect you and treat you like a lady.” Sora informed.

“There are some things only women can take care of.” Jay added with a smug smirk to go along with it.

“And Delita. As you can tell he’s quiet and aloof. But the flip side to that is that he sincere and won’t say more than what’s needed. You may find it difficult to communicate at first… But once you feel comfortable with the other, I’m sure you’ll feel at home with him.”

“I don’t like to be mindful of others.” Delita cut in.

“And Cody.” Cody smiled at her. “He’s a really sweet guy. He’s generous and a guy you can count on. he will take you under his wing and make you feel at ease.”

“Sora, you’re exaggerating. But Lilliana, I won’t do anything to upset you.” Cody added as he looked at Lilliana.

“Finally, Carlos.”

“That’s me.”

“As you can see, Carlos is cheerful and lively. Just being with him should make you happy day and night. He may seem wild but he’s actually sensitive and considerate. He is good at sensing how others feel you will have a great time being with him.”

“I’m great at giving a good time! I’m a comic after all.”

“Mm but… well, don’t worry about Carlos. Yours isn’t too urgent.”

“What?! Why?”

“So that’s it for introductions. I want you to select one Lilli. Who do you want to help?” Lilliana felt boxed in. Who was she supposed to choose? Aside from Gaston they were really nice guys.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Wow, I would be equally baffled and flustered at this sudden request of Sora's. I was taken by surprise by how a job interview from each one became a bachelor contest. lol. It's pretty amusing to say the least. Sora seems to have some kind of history with Lilli given how she knew not to rise further to Gaston's bait or mouth off to him. I hope that doesn't suggest anything bad per se. Anyways, great chapter! ;3

navyninja87

Don't worry. The main bulk of the issue is since Sora was imprisoned with the villains, he's suffered a bit of a split personality (that storyline is only good for this story series, however) and due to his adventures with the keyblade, it's changed his personality into a 'one does not mess with Sora' type. The one before with the parents was the social app and that was my impression entirely when I read the prologue for the non party app. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back