• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My first ever playthrough.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I know this is my first play through. I just want to know though the conditions it takes to unlock every thing. I wasn't aware of the Birth By Sleep ending conditions from the Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, was wondering if there's anything similar?

I've heard there's a Secret Episode and a Final Episode. I want to make sure I'll get that as well.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I know this is my first play through. I just want to know though the conditions it takes to unlock every thing. I wasn't aware of the Birth By Sleep ending conditions from the Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, was wondering if there's anything similar?

I've heard there's a Secret Episode and a Final Episode. I want to make sure I'll get that as well.

On what difficulty level you are planning to start Birth by Sleep? I suggest you choose the same difficulty for all three characters.

For critical mode the unlocking condition are the lowest. I completed all three stories on critical mode, and then I collected all Xehanort reports in the game. Each character has some of the 13 Xehanort reports. That unlocked Final Episode,which is the true ending of the game and also serves as epilogue. To unlock the Secret Episode(I think this if you play on critical) you have to complete Final Episode.

I remember reading somewhere, that unlocking the Final Episode isn`t even possible on Beginner mode, so you have to at least start with Normal, or Proud.

So, for short:

Beginner: Not Possible

Normal: To unlock Secret Episode, and Final Episode, you have to complete the journal 100%. All bosses, MX reports, stickers etc... You have to do this with every character.

Proud: All Xehanorts reports collected, and beaten all three stories.

Critical: For me the last episode unlocked when I completed all three stories, and then I collected Xehanort`s reports. The Secret Episode unlocked when I finished Final Episode.

Hope this helps!

scottsxiii

In Proud mode or Critical mode you need to collect all of the Xehanort Reports, and place all of the stickers in the correct places to add up 140 points for all three characters to unlock the Secret Episode, you just have to complete all three stories to get the Final Episode.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
How's the feeling of the game on Critical mode compared to KH2 Critical mode?

Hmm. How would I describe it? In BBS like much KH2FM the beginning is hard. You don`t have many abilities, and the enemies can do an devastating amount of damage. 2-3 hits will kill you, and some enemies do combos. Luckily in BBS abilities(at least most of them) are gained trough command melding, not by leveling up. So to tip the odds on your favor, I suggest to get Second Change and Once More as early as possible. Also you can block during a combo, so for me that makes things little easier. One big difference when comparing KH2 and BBS, is that some bosses in BBS do not flinch quite as much. They are we harder to combo, that is what I think at least. :)

So there are some similarities, but BBS might be little harder. If you completed Critical or Proud on KH2FM, you should feel right at home when you jump on to BBS. So remember to block and get abilities early on. :D

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Dang, I've played through proud once. That was with the original almost 10 years ago. For the Final Mix, can't be sure. And what about the HP? Does your HP growth restricted from KH2 critical mode as well as BBS?

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Dang, I've played through proud once. That was with the original almost 10 years ago. For the Final Mix, can't be sure. And what about the HP? Does your HP growth restricted from KH2 critical mode as well as BBS?

I can answer that one for you and yes, it does the same as it was in KH2FM Critical Mode. I mean, it's kinda obvious it would be the same as well. ^_^ Although, it's not going to be fun for me when I do it once I finally clear everything in KH2FM. Seriously, Data Battles are harder!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Seriously, Data Battles are harder!

The Data Battles and some of the BBS super bosses are really difficult. For me a certain time traveler who acts as super boss in BBS is the hardest KH boss I have ever fought with. Most of the Data-Org XIII bosses wont kill you with one hit if your level is enough high, but Mysterious Figure in BBBS? Well, he dosen`t play by the rules, and almost every hit 1 KO´s you, no matter how high you lv is. Still, I recommend Critical Mode. It is fun and you unlock the Final and Last episode without much of hassle.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
The Data Battles and some of the BBS super bosses are really difficult. For me a certain time traveler who acts as super boss in BBS is the hardest KH boss I have ever fought with. Most of the Data-Org XIII bosses wont kill you with one hit if your level is enough high, but Mysterious Figure in BBBS? Well, he dosen`t play by the rules, and almost every hit 1 KO´s you, no matter how high you lv is. Still, I recommend Critical Mode. It is fun and you unlock the Final and Last episode without much of hassle.

I still haven't beat Vanitas's Lingering Will on the PSP, so I'm not looking forward to his fights with all three characters. :/

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I still haven't beat Vanitas's Lingering Will on the PSP, so I'm not looking forward to his fights with all three characters. :/

Yeah, he is hard.

All though his difficulty depends on the character you decide to chose against him. With Terra he is a nightmare because Terras`s dodge is so poor compared to Ven and Aqua. With Aqua Vanitas is a joke. Aquas dodge is really effective and seeker mine spell destroys Vanitas. I have also heard that Ven`s tornado is good against Vanitas, but I haven` tested that myself yet. I have beaten all the super bosses with Aqua, and one day when I have enough courage, I will attempt them with Terra.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Ugh. Don't remind me. D: That diddlying boss was easily the cheapest boss in the entire series. As bad as the Lingering Will was, he was still a helluva lot more predictable than that particular boss (not that he doesn't have moments that you can exploit, but they are few and far between compared to even Lingering Will).

I don't blame you. Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment is a definitely a pain, but that's the way it goes for that particular super boss. As hard-hitting as Armor of the Master and No Heart are, they still have a degree of fairness to them that Vanitas and Young Master Xehanort don't have.

Master_Aqua

so ummm...... have you all beaten these two bosses. I mean when you first fought them, you blink once and lights out. You beat them and understand them and you can easily beat them. At least that's my understanding......I beat them both on the psp version which I heard that in the remixes, they toned down these bosses so they're easer than that of their psp counterparts which makes the victory on the psp more rewarding. There are certain things for these bosses, Vanitas Remnant can be beaten with a certain tactic and the way to beat (well my way) the Mysterious Figure is a little bit more complicated but it definitely works though definitely not on your first try lol. Perseverance is key.

Also to the one who is having their first play through of BBS, trust me you'll love it ^_^.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
so ummm...... have you all beaten these two bosses.

Yup. I have beaten Young Xehanort and Vanitas Remnant both on my PSP with Aqua. I did it again with Aqua on the 2.5 version, while also beating No Heart and Armor of Eraqus. Young Xehanort was still the hardest for me, even thou I consider No Heart and Armor of Eraqus quite difficulty as well. I think I might try them with Ven and Terra someday, when I have enough courage.

WanPisu

Awards
Speaking of secret bosses and difficulty levels. Are those infamous secret bosses in BBS and KH2 easy on Beginner? Does difficulty matter?

I always go for Critical so I don't have that experience.

Anagram

Banned
Difficulty definitely matters. I played them all on standard and it was worlds easier for me. I took the Lingering Will in five retires. Years ago when I fought him on critical it took me days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back