• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My first drawing done in Photoshop

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
I use MSPaint all the time so i thought to try Adobe Photoshop cs6 to draw on. I only know the basics, but eh... it isn´t that good. The Shading is my problem, I can´t find the way to make the shading right.

If you´re asking who is the character is. Is the Male Rider from Monster Hunter Stories.

male_rider_doodle_monster_hunter_stories_by_marielkeybash96-daiolp5.png

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hey i dig it, its got a cartoonish look to it and its actually pretty detailed, nice work!

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
Thanks. I´m kinda new on the draw on the Photoshop thing. My only complaint is the shading and lighting.

Last edited:

Kounelli

Awards
I really like the effort here, the cartoon style is cute and endearing and I can't wait to see where you go with it! Shading with MS Paint can be tough, and using Photoshop is not always easier. It's definitely more accessible, but then you are trying to get into more stuff than just shading and coloring rules.

I am not an expert when it comes to coloring digitally but I do have a couple recommendations:

1. Learn your program better, the more you know it the better you can get it to work for you! Look at GROUP and LAYER functions specifically, and find what coloring method works best for you. Some people (coughmecough), like to have an original sketch scanned in and then put layers on top on multiply layer settings. Others, have a transparent line layer and put color underneath it, etc. Find what works best for you!

2. As for the coloring, try staying away from just solid colors. Use multiple shades of the same color for shading, so that way it looks more natural, if you look at different pixel drawings for example, it really shows how there are different layers as it gets towards the darkest part of the shade. Blending is also cool too to keep the shades natural, so lightly doing that in between the different shades might make the transition less blocked.

It looks like you are trying to do cell shading though, so for that I would just make the shading less "rounded" and more sharp, like the shading on Kairi's hair that's extending into her cheek. Instead of making it round, do the shape of the hair instead (which comes down to a triangular point).

That's all I got for now, keep up the good work!

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Shading's also my problem too. But it's a pretty good first attempt. Not much to give an advise, but just keep practicing until you get the hang of it. :) Since you already know the basics, then you'll do fine from here.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I think those pictures look amazing! Keep up the good work! :)

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Those look really cool! I like Holloween Town Sora so much. <3

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
I´m getting the hang in it. It was a Request some people request me the weirdest of things i have done it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back