• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My Fear of Spiders.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
Ok, I seriously need help, I have a terrible fear of spiders to the point if I see just the smallest one I have a panic attack, and if I see a spider period I just get really stressed because the paranoia eats me up and can barely even move let alone breathe. I'll post an example of my reaction to spiders.

I'm watching television and then I see a spider a few inches away from me, my first reaction is I get big-eyed and jump out of my seat and my heart is pounding at an incredible rate, I'm too afraid to kill it and if I see it move I just freeze up and don't know what to do, eventually I get someone to kill it but, I'm still incredibly paranoid even though it's dead.

So, if anyone has any suggestions to conquer this fear, it would be greatly appreciated.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
I don't think I'm ever going to grow accustomed to the face that spiders are almost everywhere. No matter what I always freak out at even a glimpse of a spider.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
Well, therapy might help, I don't know...I'll try an make an appointment or something to help, thanks DWD.

Soraroxrikusux05

i have arachnphobia too but i learned to handle it. try to remember that spiders won't hurt you in any way. in fact, they help you by eating WORSE things like centipedes and roaches and silverfish. also, they don't live too long. if you run into one and you're that scared just go to the other room or wait for it to go away. sometimes but RARELY spiders might bite you in your sleep. night's the time they go out to hunt and they might crawl on you and you might move around in your sleep, so their instinct is to bite you. unless you're allergic you won't feel it at all be it during sleep or the day. it's characterized by two small red puncture wounds that are right next to each other. it goes away fast. just try to conquer your fears then you'll feel that much braver

Joe

Bronze Member
I'm guessing that it would be a innapropriate to bring up one of my favorite songs around you then

"Spiders" by System of a Down

Lunar Knight

American Person
It's normal for people to have fears. You should think about spiders as mini helpers that get rid of worse things. Imagine them as magical little elves that protect you from the actual dangerous insects. Just don't pet a poisonous one. ;D

Just remember that the spider is more afraid of you and doesn't want to face conflict. Keep yourself in the "dominant slot" and the spider in the "dominated slot." They don't want to cause harm to you and just want to get by the day.

You could be using your fear on something else that everyone else fears!

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Eh, some type of phobia is perfectly natural. Just try not to squish them, unless they're in your room. I think both the spider and you would appreciate it being squished instead of it wandering into your mouth while you sleep. : /

Lunar Knight

American Person
DanceWaterDance said:
But you really don't even need to worry about squishing a spider unless it is one of those horribly poision-ish ones that could actually hurt you.

I don't think it's such a wise idea to kill a poisonous spider with your big ol' thumb or your foot with an exposed leg. Try using some kind of insect/arachnid spray where you could kill the spider out of range of an attack.

Soraroxrikusux05 said:
yes, in fact the average person in the us swallows 3 spiders in one year. they just crawl down your throat

Well, I have not yet encountered an incident such as that. Guess I'm above average to you spider-swallowers! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back