• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My Father's New Rule

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyler Durden

I man who hits a girl is not a man. Tell your father this. By hurting you, he thinks he is gaining some slight bit of respect from you. He is wrong. That needs to stop. Now. As in go to a grandparents or friends house and STAY there until your father stops being a prick.

I HATE it when men hit women... they should pick somebody their own size.

And this officer, was he white? I realize that may not mean anything, but he may be prejudiced. And what state are you in? Because abuse is illegal everywhere. EVERYwhere. And, it is morally wrong. Why someone thinks hurting someone that loves them is amusing/empowering is beyond me.

Can you tell I hate abuse?

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
And this officer, was he white?

He was white. He also said he sometimes has to take off his belt and beat his own girls.
A good old butt beating is not against the law here.

I was over my grandmother's house and she told him to leave me alone, but I can't stay there. For one thing, my mother doesn't want me bothering her and I don't have a vehicle plus I can't drive well.

T

Tyler Durden

then go to a friends house. what your father is doing is wrong

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
In this state, beatings are legal. And Megaflare, he wouldn't believe you. He recently read in a manual something about if it is extended play than take a 15 minute break every hour. But of course my break is many hours. Not too long ago he made me take FF12 out of the PS2 and put it in it's case, just because he doesn't want it in the PS2 unless I'm playing it. And Dogenzaka, my father keeps telling me about a man who gave his daughter two black eyes and broke her arm. My father is a LOT bigger than me, he'd try to kill me if I fought back.

I talked to my mother and they're letting me play the game more, but only a hour at a time. The one hour rule still exists.

Won't believe me? I'm living proof. xD

And yes, I understand what you're saying. Talking does no good for situations like these. The part where he made you take out FFXII even though you weren't playing it is plain retarded, and I understand that as well. Best advice I can give you is to get away ASAP. Get a job or something so that you're gone most of the time (you'll be making money AND you'll be more social) then tell him since you've improved, you'd like to play the PS2 for longer periods at a time.

And yes, it depends on what state you're in. You could go 'national' though, google search national organizations for abuse and write them a letter.

Hinamizawa Syndrome

Sheer perfection.
I'm anti social and a loner. I've been this way ever since I can remember. Even back in headstart I had no friends and never cared to socialize with people, especially not in person. With his new rule, my father is trying to change that, even though everyone knows it's too late.

My brother played video games all the time and I'd sit down beside him and just watch, occassionally pointing out things and helping him till one day he put the controller in my hand and told me the controls. Ever since that day, which was 11 years ago, I've been as much of a gamer as my brother is. I love playing video games, next to reading, it's the main way I relax and forget about problems.

My father's new rules is I can only use the computer or play video games three times a day, an hour only every time and I can only do something for a hour and then I must go to something else. For example: If I get on the computer at 7 o'clock,I can't play the game at the same time, I can't decide to quit all the sudden and go to the game, and I must be off at 8 o'clock.

There are many reasons why my father came up with this rule:
1. He thinks the screens are ruining my eyesight. I'm the only child of their's that doesn't wear glasses and he wants to make sure I never have to wear them.
2. He wants me to socialize more and do more things. I can only do an activity a certain amount of time. For example: The other day I was reading a book since he wouldn't let me play the game and there was nothing on tv, and after about a hour, he made me put the book down. Today, after almost a hour of watching football, he made me switch to something else. When there's nothing else to do he encourages me to call someone on the telephone, play a sport, or join a club. That's what he should've been doing when I was younger. It was the same way with my brother; my brother tried to play baseball when he was younger but he had no support and not enough money from my father. It was only in my brother's senior year that my father pushed him to join the baseball team, ignoring the fact that my brother would have to learn the basics, things everyone on the team learned when they were in junior high. I'm happy with the little amount of things I do but he's not.
3. He blames video games for me being anti social, having a temper problem, being shy, and being nervous and trembling around people. Yes, I have a shaking problem, most people tell me it's my nerves. Even though the shaking gets worse when I'm around strangers and it decreases when I play video games, he blames it on the video games.

Please, help me convince my father that he's wrong and going too far. Even my mother disagrees with the rules but she's can't doing anything because he's the man of the house.

my dad's doing that to me, too :glare:

T

Tyler Durden

you are a f_cking idiot.

I'm white too you retard. I was seeing if HE was possibly a racist and not helping someone who is getting beaten because he hates black people.

So Shut The F_ck Up

And you spelt Racism wrong idiot

Last edited:

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Cool it guys ~_~

My advice still stands. Get a job, I think that would help tremendously. And as for the abuse, go national, don't go local. Google search places and write letters.

T

Tyler Durden

unfortunately for the english language, swearing is the only way of conveying extreme anger without sounding like somebody that is extremely arrogant and/or conceited.

So in a polite way, I am in no way shape or form racist. I have Hispanic and black friends, and no problems with them.

I was simply asking about this cop's race because he may have let his judgement get in the way of the law. To state that there is no racism in the world is being ignorant. Thinking that somebody else is racist is not in itself racist. Thats like saying everyone who thought Hitler hated Jews must hate all Germans, Nazis, White People, that sort of thing.

but whatever. If that doesn't get my point across nothing will.

I am sorry that i have digressed from the main point of this thread to deal with something I personally took offense to, instead of help somebody who needs it.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
I, my freind was not implying that you are very racist (just a little bit) I was just slightly upset by the question, it being racist. The question was racist against white people so it doesn't really matter that you have black and hispanic freinds. You are implying that white cops are unlikely to treat someone fairly.

P.S. I would like to try to put this behind us

I apologize for the little diversion as well.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Seeing as how i'm black and i have a similar problem all i can say is try being social like your father wants. i tried when my parents wanted me to; it presonally didn't work and turned me into a bypolar wreck, but i tried. and the KKK is still around just not in the way they were a couple decades ago.

*~Twilight~*

First off, I wanna say I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY sorry for you dad doing that to you. No one deserves that. No one.

And cops are always like that. My friend got abused before. The cops did nothing. They said pretty much the same thing yours did. "We can't control what goes on under your parents roof."

The best thing is to just stay away from him. Don't talk to him unless he talks to you. Be a perfect little angel. But if he does it again tell Child Support. Teacher. Student Coniculer. (did I spell that right?) Your mom. Anyone.

For the anti-socail thing. Hey, you always have us! :]

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
It's not really healthy to force a child to be social, really all you end up doing is putting him or her in a situation that they're very uncomfortable in. And assuming that you're shy all that does is attract attention that you don;t want to be there which causes you be cast out immeadiately (usually not always).

You should be social but, forcing someone to do it is not the way to go.

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
Since your dad seems to be really fixed on this, just do what he says. He wants you to be more social, so just do it a little bit. Reach of your comfort zone, try something you've never done before. Get involved in a club or sport that you've never tried before. Think about it, if you're involved in something afterschool, that's less time you have to deal with him. And it should make him happier, but I'm not promising anything.

And Grim Reaper is right, in black communities and families, beating your children when they do something bad is accepted as a form of punishment. It's just the way our people think. My parents would beat me when I did something bad, but they would never cause any bruises or cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back