• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

my fanart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demyx Rocks!!

okay...i did this in the little paint thingy.
tell me what you think of them....

Rock-paper-sicssors.jpg

PV.jpg

and there is more to come...i have alot more.

Cicero

Visionary
Saving a paint project in .png? Doubt it'll help much, it will only largen the document size I think.

The pic was quite funny though. xD Just a bit...unclear.

Cloudburst

Saving a paint project in .png? Doubt it'll help much, it will only largen the document size I think.

The pic was quite funny though. xD Just a bit...unclear.

I was saying that it first should have been saved that way. .PNG gets all the color in a picture to look nice and .gif or .jpeg blurs up the image or moves the pixels out wider.

Subtly Inspiring
I was saying that it first should have been saved that way. .PNG gets all the color in a picture to look nice and .gif or .jpeg blurs up the image or moves the pixels out wider.

Uh, no.
.PNG saves the image exactly as it is and doesn't go through compression when saved. This is why most people save their work as .png, despite large file sizes.
.gif saves everything in 256k colors. So, you might lose some details in color, but any major loss in quality is done by compression, you can get rid of this by saving and preserving exact colors at 100%
.jpg images go through compression when saved to make them smaller. This is why if you save it once and host it you won't see any loss in quality, but after it's hosted and saved several times by different peers you will see a loss in quality.

Cloudburst

Uh, no.
.PNG saves the image exactly as it is and doesn't go through compression when saved. This is why most people save their work as .png, despite large file sizes.
.gif saves everything in 256k colors. So, you might lose some details in color, but any major loss in quality is done by compression, you can get rid of this by saving and preserving exact colors at 100%
.jpg images go through compression when saved to make them smaller. This is why if you save it once and host it you won't see any loss in quality, but after it's hosted and saved several times by different peers you will see a loss in quality.

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back