• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My experience of Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sgtsarge

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but have followed Kingdom Hearts from the very beginning.

I first became aware of Kingdom Hearts way back in the summer of 2002, when I just recieved Final Fantasy X for my birthday and it came with a free preview disc. As I was only 10 years old and I was raised on Nintendo, Playstation and Final Fantasy was entirely new to me. I have many fond memories of Final Fantasy X.

I eventually got round to watching the preview disc and this was the first time I found out about Kingdom Hearts. Disney was also a major part of my youth and seeing something that combined Final Fantasy and Disney immediately caught my attention. Que Christmas 2002 and one of my presents was Kingdom Hearts. It was one of the best experiences of my young life and it still stands to this day as my favourite game of all time. I poured many hours into Kingdom Hearts, where I finally unlocked the secret ending. This is where my attention was drawn to Kingdom Hearts 2 and I became a devoted fan of the series.

The wait for Kingdom Hearts 2 felt like an eternity and I can remember purchasing an American copy of chain of memories (as Europe had an even longer wait!). I continued to follow KH2 where it was finally released in North America. There was absolutely no sign of a European release date, so I took the decision to import an American copy and a import disc player for the Playstation 2. Que many more hours spent with Kingdom Hearts 2! I can remember watching hours of YouTube videos when KH2 Final Mix was released in Japan (safe to say it was great to finally play it with 2.5 HD remix!).

Then begun the long wait for KH3. I was able to play recoded and 358/2 days, but not being an owner of a PSP was unable to play Birth by Sleep. Thankfully this was rectified with Kingdom Hearts 2.5! The world ends with you kept me occupied until the release of dream drop distance. Then came the reveal of KH3, something I'd been waiting for years.

So there's my experience with Kingdom Hearts, something that's been with me for over 10 years of my life and hopefully long into the future!

Back