• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

my city screams

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicodin

relative power
339hh8m.png

Guess who got Photoshop.

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
dark dark dark dark. needs moar light. at least a central light source. dark suits it but it needs a little oomph.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
you're getting back into it. it's a staircase above the gimp stuff. my only complaint is it's lacking a little.
also I deserve some credit because I convinced her to get PS again

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
kinda but now that I look at it, it kinda looks like his face has some greenish undertones like he's queasy

Vicodin

relative power
2145v8g.png

One layer of the lighting taken away, making it less yellow/green. I don't know. Last modification I make to this unless it's huge.

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
honestly I wouldn't worry. you still got it. it's just gonna take some working to get the rust off. trust me I know lol

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
you're getting back into it. it's a staircase above the gimp stuff. my only complaint is it's lacking a little.
also I deserve some credit because I convinced her to get PS again

What do you mean? I use gimp >.> Because I can't afford PS. Of course... PS can do things gimp can't with a button press. It just takes five layers for me to do it in gimp D:

Vicodin

relative power
What do you mean? I use gimp >.> Because I can't afford PS. Of course... PS can do things gimp can't with a button press. It just takes five layers for me to do it in gimp D:

No, trust me. Gimp has so many limitations. There are things you can do in Photoshop that you just simply can't or it'd take forever. Gimp's layers and stuff are fucked up too, and the layer effects suck shit. Like I HATE soft light in gimp, and screen/lighten. The quality of things is so much better with Photoshop. It would be worth acquiring Photoshop because the level of your skill will definitely increase with the use of it, and that's not a joke. I've been using PS since I was 11, because I was lucky, but I still had an increase in my skill level quickly because of this board.

Hell, if you're against the way this board typically gets PS, look into finding an older, but not too old, version of Elements. I forget who it was on here, but there is or was a member who was wickedly fantastic but she only had Elements. Just trust me in that acquiring Photoshop will help you, even if you take what you know and apply it to Gimp. You'll learn a lot more from using PS and then changing over to Gimp.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Hell, if you're against the way this board typically gets PS, look into finding an older, but not too old, version of Elements. I forget who it was on here, but there is or was a member who was wickedly fantastic but she only had Elements.

Corey (Sexual White Chocolate)

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
No, trust me. Gimp has so many limitations. There are things you can do in Photoshop that you just simply can't or it'd take forever. Gimp's layers and stuff are fucked up too, and the layer effects suck shit. Like I HATE soft light in gimp, and screen/lighten. The quality of things is so much better with Photoshop. It would be worth acquiring Photoshop because the level of your skill will definitely increase with the use of it, and that's not a joke. I've been using PS since I was 11, because I was lucky, but I still had an increase in my skill level quickly because of this board.

Hell, if you're against the way this board typically gets PS, look into finding an older, but not too old, version of Elements. I forget who it was on here, but there is or was a member who was wickedly fantastic but she only had Elements. Just trust me in that acquiring Photoshop will help you, even if you take what you know and apply it to Gimp. You'll learn a lot more from using PS and then changing over to Gimp.

Well i definitely feel the limitations, but I feel like I can make do until then. I'm not against a free download of photoshop, so long as it is without a virus. My current computer can't handle it though, so I will have to deal with GIMP for a few more months until I get a new computer.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Yeah. Well, GIMP has its ups and downs for sure. You can make some pretty cool stuff, like what Geocillin does.

Awards
Well I know he at least does use it ;p

No, I used it for a very short period until I got Photoshop CS3 as a present (my grandmother just happened to find it, brand new in wrapper, at an unclaimed baggage location. it was pretty cheap for her too, considering). I haven't used it in a long time.

As for the tag, I'd recommend working more on the far right side of the tag, and maybe trying to involve the stock a bit more into it.

Vicodin

relative power
Yes, Oathy.

Thanks. I may work on it more, may not. All depends, but I get what you're saying about stock integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back