• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Brothers Story - Blood and Love.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex Girl17

I'm here, I'm there, I'm EVERYWHERE!!!! *giggles*
Okay, this is a shorty story my brother made in his college English class. For those of you who don't know who my brother is, it's Xeon{Myroku}. Yes he's my big brother. I read his story when he got it back after it was graded and he made some changes afterward and I think it's really good. So I asked him if I can put up his story on here and he said it will be all right. So, just give out your own thought about his story and he may put up another chapter to it if he has the time to do so.

Blood and Love​

Chapter I: The Nightly Hunt​

After a cold day’s night in the month of October, my life began to change when I met the only person whom I would never be away from. It was dark and cold on an autumn’s night when it happened. I could hear the wind whistling in the trees, the leaves blew and danced amongst the ground as the wind blew by; and I could hear the nightly hoots of owls and the melodic chirps of crickets. I saw a lone man walked down an old brick road through the park on this dark night. And up in the trees was I, watching over the man with hunger in my red eyes and my fangs glistened in the moonlight.

“He’ll have to do.” I said in a low tone so the man wouldn’t suspect I was up in the tree.

“Pfft, as if I believe those urban tales that scare little kids,” the man said as he walked down the brick road. “There’s never been any proof that something is lurking out here. No evidence at all except dead bodies that looked like they were killed by some mugger perhaps.”

The man continued to walk down the old brick road as he heard the owls hooting in the night; the crickets chirping to their nightly tune and the wind howling in the night. As he continued to walk in the dark night he heard the crunching of leaves behind him. He just chuckled and thought it was a passing squirrel or some other animals just walking along. But the crunching of the leaves grew louder and they sounded like they were making its way to him and I could hear it too in the trees. I thought it was a lone animal but it sounded like a person was stalking him, could it have been a mugger or some thug? The man turned around to the see the darkness behind him and nothing else.

“H-hello?! Is anyone there?” the man called out in the night. There was no reply, only the crickets chirped back to him. The man turned away and ignored what he heard and continued to walk down the way.

“There’s nothing there. There’s nothing there. Just stay calm.” The man said as he tried to calm himself. As he walked down the road again he heard the leaves crunching again and he heard heavy breathing of some animal behind him. He turned back to see what it was but still nothing. Then he heard rustling in the trees I made. I thought I gave myself away but instead he was only paying attention to what was after him on the ground below.

The man started to run down the road while he breathed heavily from every step he took and he heard the leaves crunch under his feet. I tried catching up to him in the trees to see where the man was going and also I was wondering who else besides myself, was after this man. I could see fear in his eyes as he continued to look back behind him as he ran down the road. I could tell he couldn’t see a thing but he could still hear the rustling I made in the trees and then the crunching and snapping of leaves and twigs that was made behind him on the dirt road.

“This isn’t happening! This isn’t happening!” the man shouted in a frightful low tone. As he turned his head to the front he didn’t see the tree that he was running into. The man came to a halt before he made with impact to the tree. The breathing was getting heavier and he could hear footsteps coming close to him.

The man cowered next to the tree and shielded his face with his arms. As he heard the footsteps stop, he looked up to see a young teenage girl standing before him. She had bright red hair, green eyes and was dressed in a black and red skirt outfit which was unusual for someone to wear at this time of night. The man sighed in relief and chuckled as he saw the girl.

“Oh, it’s just a girl. For a second I thought it was that beast I’ve heard talk about.” The man said as he got up. “So what are you doing out at this time of night young lady? Are you lost? And aren’t you cold wearing that outfit?” The man asked her. The girl only looked at him and gave a smile to him and giggled.

“Huh? Um, what’s so funny?” the man said to her. The girl giggled still and when she turned to the man her eyes were bright crimson red and a pair fangs appear from her mouth. The man backed away from the girl from the sight of her and he backed into the tree he cowered at from earlier.

“Wh-what are you?!” The man said in a frightful tone. The girl came up to him and smiled.

“Me? I’m just a little vampire.” The girl smiled with her fangs reflecting the moon light. Up in the tree I could hear the man screaming very loudly in the night and the screams began to fade.

When I came to the scene I saw the man I was stalking out cold and on the ground while the girl stood over him with blood dripping down her face. She wiped the blood from her face and giggled at the man she drank from.

“Well that had to be the easiest hunt this night.” The girl said. She walked away from the man and walked down the brick road. She hummed pleasantly in the night and continued to walk down the road, but unknown to her that someone was watching her in the trees above her. As I saw what had happened before me in the tree above, my eyes were burning with rage now instead of hunger.

“That girl took my meal.” I said gritting my fangs together. As the girl walked along she heard something behind her. She turned to see what it was but then she was grabbed and pinned to the ground. She yelped and screamed as she was taking by surprised.

She looked to see her attacker and she saw me on top of her with my hands pinning her to the ground. I was the same age as her and I had dark brown hair that almost seemed black, my eyes were a bright crimson red filled with rage, fangs were seen from my mouth and I was dress in casual way teen boys are dressed this day with black hooded zip up sweater, a pair of blue jeans and a plain white T-shirt. I glared and bared my fangs at the other female vampire.

“That was my kill you little twerp!” I shouted to her. “I was stalking that guy from the start!” The girl struggled in the male vampire’s grasp and only glared at him.

“I didn’t see your name on him! So it doesn’t matter who got him first.” The female vampire said back to him.

“So get off of me!” the girl said and kicked me off of her. I stood up and glared at the girl. She quickly got up and brushed herself off and looked back at me with an angry look.

“God, if you’re so hungry then why don’t you just go bite some other fool in the park.” She said to me. I looked away from her and didn’t reply back for a bit.

“I would if I could if anyone was foolish enough to come through this way at this time of night.” I said grumpily. The girl shook her head and looked back at the man she attacked that was supposed to be my meal.

“Look I’m sorry, okay. Besides, I didn’t know there was another vampire around in this town. I thought I was the only vampire here.” She said to me. I looked back at her and looked away,

“Well, I thought the same thing.” I said to her. “My names Seth, it’s nice to meet you um?” I said introducing myself to her. She looked back and shook my hand.

“My name’s Manda. And it’s nice to meet you too Seth.” She looked at me and dropped my hand. “Sorry, I’m not the kind of person to make friends.” I looked at her and chuckled.

“Well okay then.” I looked back at the man and sighed. “Great, now what I am I gonna eat then? I’m starving over here and I haven’t had any blood for a week now.” Manda looked at me and she bared her neck.

“Well if you’re hungry I guess I can supply some blood to you.” She said.
I looked at her with a confused look on my face, “You sure you want to do this?” I asked her. She nodded and her face was a bit red.

“Mmhm, it’s okay really.” I walked over to her and when I came to her neck I could smell the fragrance in her hair and it smelt like fresh fruit to me. After I sank my fangs into her neck, she winced a bit and I continued to drink blood from her neck. I could taste her blood pouring down my throat and her blood tasted sweet and very delicious. I have never tasted blood like hers before and I enjoyed the taste of it.

After I finished I drew back my fangs and I looked at Manda and she looked back at me. We both stood there like that, not speaking, not moving, we just stared at one another. I finally broke the silenced and walked back away from her.

“Um, thank you for the blood Manda.” I said with my face a bit red. She turned away from me and covered the bite wounds from her neck.

“It was nothing.” She said back to me. I looked back at her and I wiped some of the blood from my face off.

“Well I guess I’ll see you around then.” I said to her. She looked back at me and smiled.

“Yeah, I’ll see you around too.” After that night, I felt something that I haven’t before. A warm feeling in my chest and I felt a rapid beat in my chest as well. I didn’t know what that was that I felt in my chest but somehow I think Manda was the one who caused it. I didn’t blame her for that, because it felt nice and good. Instead I thank her for giving me that feeling within me. I don’t know why but for some reason I hope I get to see Manda again really soon in my next nightly hunt.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Xeon{Myroku}
then why couldn't HE post it himself?

Another question of mine: Is the purple really necessary? Oh well. I think Xeon can post his own stuff on here but whatever. I'm not going to show any mercy on this. I'm going to call it as I see it.

After a cold day’s night (1) in the month of October, my life began to change when I met the only person whom I would never be away from.(2) It was dark and cold (3)on an autumn’s night when it happened. I could hear (4) the windwhistling in the trees, the leaves blew and danced amongst the ground as the wind blew by; and [get rid of "and"] I could hear the nightly hoots of owls and the melodic chirps of crickets. I saw a lone man walked (6)down an old brick road through the park on this dark night. And up in the trees was I (7), watching over the (8) man with hunger in my red eyes and my fangs glistened in the moonlight. (9)
(1) Just seems useless and also kind of contradictory. Could just say "on a cold night in the month of October," honestly.
(2) Choppy and throws off the flow of the whole sentence. And "would" just seems really odd to be in here.
It seems like an odd sentence to start with but let's keep going.
(3) Repetition never got anyone anywhere. :c ... at least writing wise, I suppose. Also, of course it's dark. It's night. :3 I've underlined all the words that repeat throughout the first paragraph.
(4) Could be a new paragraph but I think this paragraph could just be rearranged to make it seem to be more interesting and whatnot. Go with the last suggestion, please.
(5) Night has been said in nearly every sentence so far. Don't make us tired of the word. We get it. It's a dark, cold, windy night.
(6)Broken and confusing. "I saw a lone man walk down" or "A lone man walked down..." blah blah blah. A different word for walk, too. Great description can be given just by one word difference. It can give emotion, it can give urgency.
The girl skipped across the sidewalk. (she's happy)
The girl limped across the sidewalk. (the fuck happened to her?)

Do you see what I mean?
(7) Were you?
May be a personal thing but I hate that kind of wording. It's just corny and dumb. Another thing: don't start it with and. It comes out really odd.
(8) That.
(9) How does the character see his eyes? How does the character see his fangs glistening?
You could word this like... "my eyes widened with hunger and my heart raced in anticipation. i could feel the moonlight's glow on my fangs as my lips widened into a grin of joy."
Something like that.

This all is just the first paragraph... oh boy.

“He’ll have to do.” I said in a low tone (1) so the man wouldn’t suspect I was up in the tree.(2)
(1) Why not just have him think it...
(2) can all be shortened to "hear me."

“Pfft, (1) as if I believe those urban tales that scare little kids (2),” the man said as he walked down the brick road. “There’s never been any proof (3) that something is lurking out here. No evidence at all except dead bodies that looked like they were killed by some mugger perhaps.” (3)
(1) The man scoffed, nervously laughed. Something else than "pfft."
(2) You're making me not only unsure when this is taking place but also if you realize how unnatural this sentence is. Especially for someone who's talking to himself.
(3) Dumb statement. That is evidence that something's lurking.

The man continued to walk down the old brick road as he heard the (2)owls hooting in the night; the crickets chirping to their nightly tune and the wind howling in the night. (1) As he continued to walk in the dark night he heard (3) the crunching of leaves behind him. He just chuckled and thought it was a passing squirrel or some other animals just walking along. But the crunching of the leaves grew louder and they sounded like they were making its way to him and I could hear it too in the trees. I thought it was a lone animal but it sounded like a person was stalking him, (4) could it have been a mugger or some thug (5)? The man turned around to the see the darkness behind him and nothing else.
(1) A lot of this has already been said. Just more repeated statements from the other paragraphs. Underlined the repeated things. Stop saying night so much. It's getting annoying.
(2) "as he heard" is kind of weird to put in something that's supposed to be 1st person. You don't know what he's hearing. He COULD be hearing voices. He COULD be hearing his footsteps. If you're going to have him hear that, have him react to the hooting or something.
(3) Again with (2)'s statement.
(4) I thought the character could see him in the tree... meaning he could see the attacker.
(5) pretty much the same thing, dude.

“H-hello?! Is anyone there?” the man called out in the night. There was no reply, only the crickets chirped (1) back to him. The man turned away and ignored what he heard and continued to walk down the way (2).
(1) sang or something else than chirped.
(2) Completely ignoring conflict and suspense. Or emotion. You could probably even give this guy a story by saying he had a load of good from the market and was going home to feed his family most likely. It's just so boring and cliché for useless character number one to be watched and then disposed.

“There’s nothing there. There’s nothing there. Just stay calm.” The man said as he tried to calm himself.(1) As he walked down the road again he heard the leaves crunching again and he heard heavy breathing of some animal behind him. He turned back to see what it was but still nothing. Then [COMMA] he heardrustling in the trees I made. (2) I thought I gave myself away but instead he was only paying attention to what was after him on the ground below.
(1) really? you couldn't think of anything else than said? muttered? frantically whispered to himself? SOMETHING.
(2) Worded horribly. Reword this sentence please.

Last edited:

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Hey look first off I want my sister to up this up so she can get some postage points for herself.

Second off, my college professor liked this very well, I got a 96 out of 100 for this narrative story.

I made this as a fun assignment for myself. I just want, do you like it or not suggestion not a whole, where should I fix suggestion.

Also this would've been better if the forum page layout was any similar to Microsoft Words. On that, this would look like a legidement story.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hey look first off I want my sister to up this up so she can get some postage points for herself.

Second off, my college professor liked this very well, I got a 96 out of 100 for this narrative story.

I made this as a fun assignment for myself. I just want, do you like it or not suggestion not a whole, where should I fix suggestion.

Also this would've been better if the forum page layout was any similar to Microsoft Words. On that, this would look like a legidement story.

You avoided all of my points else than the first one making me think you didn't even bother reading any of it.
I'm not even done with it but I can say that it read ungodly slow and cliché in the beginning.

You NEED this sort of shit. You have potential but if someone doesn't point out these things for you, not many will. Especially on a forum like this. I don't give a rats ass if your COLLEGE PROFESSOR liked it. You probably just followed all the criteria.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well that's the problem. I did had some of those suggestions you listed in there but my prof had me change those because it wasn't that legit to him.

... So you're telling me your professor
in college

told you it's okay to repeat the same exact words at least 15 times within a couple paragraphs?

that you can confuse tenses, make people hear things even though you don't know what exactly they're hearing since you're in 1st person.

I find that ridiculous.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Looks more like a legitimate story in word? What does that even mean?

Anyway, the premise was ok, nothing entirely special. Granted, I may be a little biased against vampires at the moment >_>

It's a nice little beginning to a story, but that's about it. Still, it has potential; and yeah, I think Annoyance covered the grammar (man, you're quick o_O)

Aria

braver by the minute
I thoguht it was a pretty interesting story, but it did have its flaws like Annoyance already pointed out. You also could use some commas in a lot of places.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think Annoyance covered the grammar (man, you're quick o_O)
I try to give critique to the stories that still haven't been commented on yet. Once it hits like 40 replies I tend to not want to read it thinking "SOMEBODY must have said something."

Probably should start... not... doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back