• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My Bro Is Gay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima Legion

It is a special place...A place of wonder and magi
I've been reading this thread....and to all the homophobes i say Stop relying on religion or hatred to dictate your lives.

Im gay myself and i've only come out to a couple of my friends and there are people just quoting stupid things like your not born gay.
Yes, your environment can influence you, but there are so many other influences to , but the main thing is YOU DON'T CHOOSE TO BE GAY! You just realise you are.

Aqua, if i were you, i would talk to your brother and his boyfriend and see what is causing the trouble between them, and think you should maybe try and fix it.... If its a matter you can help with...

BTW this is a little off topic but im also a wiccan (my family is christian). we don't believe in a vengeful god, we believe mainly in The mother goddess of the night and horned god of the day. No-one is punished for being gay...or straight. There is no discrimination within wicca, which is just the way i like it.

Also, i'm not sure if any of you are interested in this, but i remember reading somewhere that the wiccans believe that gay guys have a female spirit inside them and lesbians male spirits...which you think about kinda makes sense...

But anyway AquaVen don't listen to any of the homophobic topics and try and see if you can help smooth over the rough patch your brother and his BF are going through

Thrax

Switzerland - Zurich / Canada - Scarborough (TN)
Mhm.

Guys Ive got to excuse me for my latest posts in this topic. Im very angry because the school and, it seems like I let my rage in this topic out.
Excuse me for my stupid posts, especially at the thread opener, I really cant imagine your situation yet, but I know that its very very weird.

I have to say something. Someone explained me in the last page what is the difference between hetero and homos. And yeah, its easy to understand, but to accept is another part. I cant accept those homosexual guys, because I cant recognize, why they like mens, like I like girls. I really cant accept it. I would suggest you to respect your brother, and continue to be brothers with no changes. It will for sure be a hard time for you and your other family members, to accept your bro, but I hope you are going to rest of this crazy situation.

Good luck.

And again, sorry for my terrible behaveiour.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I really have nothing to add, aquaven, except don't listen to the homophobes, and don't hate them either. It's not their fault mom dropped them on their heads one too many times.

On topic, has anyone ever wondered what kind of people would burn witches alive? Well, here they are. Don't give them oil, they might go medieval on us.

Don't generalize, please.

You guys think Im stupid`? Well, I dont care. If you guys would live here in my town, youll recognize and agree my opinion.

The biggest rules here:
-Dont be emo
-Dont be a punk or hardrocker etc.
-Never blame other ppls behind their backs
-Dont be gay

These are the most important rules. If you are one of these points, the ppl here would kick your ass so hard. I punched many emos, and the feeling is nice, cuz I hate ppl who throw their life away, and who is always sad rofl...

And the other rule is the gayness. I dont think that here is living a gay. The rules are hard, arent they? lool.. And im serious man..

Just a thought:
- Not all emos want to kill themselves and slit their wrists and die, and if they did, they would have done it already. Those types of emos simply want attention.
- A lot of them are in it simply because they like the music and clothing, and has nothing to do with a mentality or morality change.

Ya know,
"Better to keep silent and be thought of as a fool, than open your mouth and dispel all doubt."
XD

I've been reading this thread....and to all the homophobes i say Stop relying on religion or hatred to dictate your lives.

I hate the misuse of the word homophobe.
I'm pretty sure none of us here have a deep fear of homosexuality.

"Stop relying on religion and hatred to dictate your lives"
- Stop dictating others on how to live their life :)

BTW this is a little off topic but im also a wiccan (my family is christian). we don't believe in a vengeful god, we believe mainly in The mother goddess of the night and horned god of the day. No-one is punished for being gay...or straight. There is no discrimination within wicca, which is just the way i like it.

Let me get this straight, you chose a religion, kinda like shoe shopping? lol. Okay.

Mhm.

Guys Ive got to excuse me for my latest posts in this topic. Im very angry because the school and, it seems like I let my rage in this topic out.
Excuse me for my stupid posts, especially at the thread opener, I really cant imagine your situation yet, but I know that its very very weird.

I have to say something. Someone explained me in the last page what is the difference between hetero and homos. And yeah, its easy to understand, but to accept is another part. I cant accept those homosexual guys, because I cant recognize, why they like mens, like I like girls. I really cant accept it. I would suggest you to respect your brother, and continue to be brothers with no changes. It will for sure be a hard time for you and your other family members, to accept your bro, but I hope you are going to rest of this crazy situation.

Good luck.

It's okay :]

You don't have to like homosexuals, just be nice though.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Mhm.

Good luck.

Lemme just explain to you why they like men like people like you and me like girls.

The feeling when you see a girl pass by you really like, you freeze for a moment, your eyes blink, your heart is beating faster and all you want to do now is impress her. Butterflies in your stomach, that kinda thing?

That feeling is attraction. Now try to imagine you'd have that exact same feeling when you see a guy.

Now, that is a feeling you can't control. It's a fact of their life this way. Just like the fact you get that feeling with girls is a fact of 'your' life.

How hard is it to accept a fact?

The fact they like genitalia of their own sex is completely insignificant. Genitalia are in fact the same, only grown differently from the creation of a human being.

Now I noticed someone saying that gay people should still try to keep it in or something. Now that makes me really stunned, because how would it feel for a heterosexual to just keep it in and be obligated to feel attracted to the same sex and have sexual intercourse with them.

THat's be completely insane, wouldn't it? You wouldn't be able it get "it" up, or have a hard time at least, that's for sure, and you'd never feel really complete with that person, now would you?

The answer is always easy to find when you turn it the other way around and look at it from your own perspective.

Accepting people that arent like you is so much easier that way...

On topic, has anyone ever wondered what kind of people would burn witches alive? Well, here they are. Don't give them oil, they might go medieval on us.
Hah, exactly my thought.

Ultima Legion

It is a special place...A place of wonder and magi
Let me get this straight, you chose a religion, kinda like shoe shopping? lol. Okay.

Let me explain. In games like Final Fantasy and mostly RPGs i prefered magic to brawn. Out of pure curiousity i typed in Magic into google and i was barraged by sites about Wicca, Revenge spells, paganism etc. I researched it slowly and found out my grandmother practiced a bit of wicca on the side. After about 5 months of research, i decided i wanted to be a wiccan.
So no...not like shoe shopping

aquaVen

anyways thanks for the support! everything is going good now except for the occassional negative comment from my mom! my brother leaves soon to live with his boyfriend and i hope everything goes well for him! if anything else happens yall know i will post it!

Thrax

Switzerland - Zurich / Canada - Scarborough (TN)
Lemme just explain to you why they like men like people like you and me like girls.

The feeling when you see a girl pass by you really like, you freeze for a moment, your eyes blink, your heart is beating faster and all you want to do now is impress her. Butterflies in your stomach, that kinda thing?

That feeling is attraction. Now try to imagine you'd have that exact same feeling when you see a guy.

Now, that is a feeling you can't control. It's a fact of their life this way. Just like the fact you get that feeling with girls is a fact of 'your' life.

How hard is it to accept a fact?

The fact they like genitalia of their own sex is completely insignificant. Genitalia are in fact the same, only grown differently from the creation of a human being.

Now I noticed someone saying that gay people should still try to keep it in or something. Now that makes me really stunned, because how would it feel for a heterosexual to just keep it in and be obligated to feel attracted to the same sex and have sexual intercourse with them.

THat's be completely insane, wouldn't it? You wouldn't be able it get "it" up, or have a hard time at least, that's for sure, and you'd never feel really complete with that person, now would you?

The answer is always easy to find when you turn it the other way around and look at it from your own perspective.

Accepting people that arent like you is so much easier that way...

Hah, exactly my thought.

Thanks for the explanation, I think I got it, but I didnt accept it. But your part, when you said, when I see a hot girl, I am freezed for a very little second, and the homosexual ppl feel the same thing, when they saw a hot boy lool. You did explain that very good buddy, respect.

I cant feel the same emotion like gays, because I cant imagine, how they can feel attract themselves by male persons. And so far, I think I am never accept this in my whole life. And I learned one thing, be nice to every person you ever meet, even if they are handicap, homos, bi etc. And yeah, thank ya guys.

aquaVen

Im not gonna say its goin good anymore.... My mother had a complete meltdown and threw things and calls my brother a fag and tells me i have a big sister and says im a wimp because im not going against my brother and i just cant believe how selfish, hateful, and how much of a bitch she is...... UGH

~Life~

The old member
Well forget what others say. I mean your dad crying....is werid. He should learn how to accept his own son. As for your friends, if they arnt going to liek you, because you have a gay brother...well...they arn't really your friends. I have a gay brother too, and I am delaing with it fine. I mean it's hard soemtimes, but I love him and I accpet him. You should try not to care about what everyone else says. This is a screwed up world we live in. We just have to go with it sometimes.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Ai, now it's getting serious.

Here's the thing, I kinda felt this was gonna happen from the words you said. And I'm having the idea you knew this was gonna happen as well.

Your parents were probably raised with the idea that men shoud love women and the other way around and there's no other option. The generation we're in is the generation after the so called "Hippie" era and "Flower Power" days... Or maybe even 2 generations for some.

Meaning we live in a much more free world. We have more respect for others and accept them who they are (some of us, ahem).

That's why you feel so right about your bro whereas your parents are having such a hard time.

The thing is, your mother is forgetting the most important part, or at least isn't thinking about it as such: your brother is her son. The closest relationship you ever have is the relationship with your mother. For God's sake, every child has lived inside his mother for almost a year before showing itself in the outside world. That stands for something. Not just for the child, but also for the mother. Together, a mother and child have gone through rough times...

I can't give you much advise, as I don't know the actual situation and your father seems to be missing from the last couple of posts, but I suggest you talk with your mom. Remember, she loves you and she loves your brother. She may deny it now, but that's only because of the ideas she was raised with herself. She'll get over it...

It helps though when you talk to her. And by knowing she loves you, you should be able to have a bit more courage to stand up for your brother I think. Don't be afraid she'll start hating you, cuz she won't. She doesnt hate your brother either.

Pfff, and if that doesn't work, go to Dr. Phil. :p

Nah, good luck m8.

aquaVen

Your advice is good, and my dad just lets my brother be and the whole thing about my mom.... She needs mental help. That may be blunt and midly cruel but thats the best way i can put it. She is so judgemental even before this happened. I cant talk to her about it because she cusses me and then it makes my situation worse... She isnt logical, she acts purely on emotion why is most of the time mean. She also says whatever she wants and i have a really bad temper so the two of us together just equals out to be a problem. She always talks about how she cant take anymore and how she hasnt had the joy of children yet and is still waiting, and i think bitch i havent had the joy of being around my mother. She dwells on negativity and if it wasnt for this thread which is my outlet i would probably go psycho too just like her. Its just hard to support both sides because if i support my brother than my mom gets mad and cusses me and im afraid to support my parents because then my brother will feel alienated from the family and i dont want that to happen.. And my mother spouts verses from the Bible constantly and ruins a good day by confronting him when we all agreed that we would let it be.. shes gonna push him away and i will never forgive her for that.. Im a Christian but im nothing like my mother, who tells my brother all sorts of things and hes said repeatedly he doesnt want to hear it and she doesnt care and she starts a big fight... Im counting down the days to get out of here.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
that doesn't mean it's crap, and all of those people that don't believe in it can just go to hell

It's going to be so hilarious to see you end up in hell for not accepting God's people.

This is my advice to aquaVen: Don't give a shit about what you're parents say. They wouldn't understand your brother's position if it bit them in the back of butt. Help him, support him, hang out with him and his boyfriend, etc.

And this is my advice to Mysterious and XIII Heartless: Although I am Catholic-Christian like you two and respect your deep Christian faith, GET OVER YOURSELVES and STFU. Get off the bandwagon. Just because the Bible, WHICH HAS BEEN CHANGED AROUND MORE THAN 100 TIMES, says that God doesn't accepted homosexuality, doesn't mean he won't love them.

And this is my advice to Enigmatic Roxas: Get off your "hood's" bandwagon. You probably say all that stuff just so YOU yourself won't get killed.

Q

Banned
Touching sentiment, but e-petitions do absolutely nothing:snopes.com: Internet Petitions

Sorry. >:

except for uwe boll

then it does something else

I also saw a comment somewhere here, about choosing your religion? Yep, surprisingly, you can ACTUALLY do that! In AMERICA and the rest of the DEVELOPED WORLD! WOW, RIGHT? To Dogen, it seems AMAZING that you can actually DO THIS!

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Haha, how could I have missed this?

To the Christians posting in the thread against gays: Go die.

Now that that is out of the way, I'm Christian, and I'm supportive of this guy and his brother. Just because YOUR religion, or YOUR beliefs don't agree with gay people, doesn't mean you can barge into their lives and say "WELL IN MY RELIGION/BELIEFS WE SAY GAYS ARE BAD SO THEY ARE AND THEREFORE YOUR BROTHER IS WRONG". It's their lives, let 'em live the way they want.

Oh, and yeah, gay people are people too, so stop trying to say that they're "different". They're people, just like you and I, they just have different attractions.

There.

EDIT: Oh sheeeet. I just realized something.

Remember black people about fifty years ago, being shunned and discriminated against? Being the victims of hate crimes, and having things bombed? Being called names which I shouldn't repeat on here?

Oh, well, look, similarities. Looks like our great society has traded one type of people for another! Gee, isn't that something.

Grow up.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
...You do realize the idea of "Seperation of church and state" came from the belief that the government should not dictate or govern religion, not the other way around, right?

huh. i actually do. I guess someone didn't know that in certain countries, the church is the government. well, it actually still exists, but here in america, we call it the "republican party". otherwise known as the "hypocrites-who-have-know-idea-what-they're-talking-about".

Im not gonna say its goin good anymore.... My mother had a complete meltdown and threw things and calls my brother a fag and tells me i have a big sister and says im a wimp because im not going against my brother and i just cant believe how selfish, hateful, and how much of a bitch she is...... UGH

No offense, but your mother doesn't deserve children if she can't accept it. It's absolutely sickening how intolerance like this plagues the world.

Ask your mother how she would react if someone came to the door, restrained your brother, and lined him up to be shot.

If she says she doesn't care, tell her that she should go jump off a bridge.

You're a bright and brave child for being able to support your brother through these hard times. Hopefully, by supporting him, you can spread a message of tolerance.

Last edited:

aquaVen

Omg my brother is engaged to him!

I am excited for him i guess, and i guess this means im the best man, if my parents let me be... maybe they wont know...

Last edited:

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Remember black people about fifty years ago, being shunned and discriminated against? Being the victims of hate crimes, and having things bombed? Being called names which I shouldn't repeat on here?

Oh, well, look, similarities. Looks like our great society has traded one type of people for another! Gee, isn't that something.
Yes, that is something! I guess the only difference is God doesn't frown on black people...

To aquaVen: Sorry about things with your Mom. All you can do is pray, trust, and believe that your family isn't torn apart. As for the engagement...well...yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back