• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My apologies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ardyH

I am new to this forum and registered solely because of a problem I'm having, but I am unsure as to whether this question belongs in this particular section. If it needs to be moved, I ask the mods to do so but to let me know about it if they do.

Anyway, here's my problem. I played KH1 years ago around the time it came out and replayed it a few times over the years and like many others, aimed to 100% it, which I did once or twice. When KH2 came out, I didn't have as much time so I more or less just cleared it on the normal difficulty and was done with it.

A couple months back, I started playing KH1 again and after 100%-ing it again, I started on KH2 proud mode and started trying to do the same in this game. The only problem is, when I was at around level 20 and the Timeless River thing started, I found that the world was inaccessible to me. The game tried to load the world but it never faded back after going black and my system started making weird noises. Needless to say, that was that. This could be the result of the fact that I am using a backwards compatible PS3 to play it, but more than likely, I believe that this is simply because of the fact that the Disc's condition has deteriorated in the past few years.

Now fortunately, I managed to keep the game going because I had a save game from years ago on my PS3's hard-disk that was saved JUST AFTER the timeless river stuff (which further implies that this isn't the PS3's fault because it must've been able to do Timeless River back then). So, that being the case, I managed to avoid the world altogether and continued on with the game. I recovered anything I'd lost in the switch and all was well. The reason I mentioned that I wanted 100% is because that is where my problem lies. I worked plenty hard the past couple weeks to get the synthesis stuff done and after all my hard work, realized that I'd be missing one of the synthesis materials, Front Stone, as it is only possible to get it from Aeroplanes and Hot-rods, both of which are found exclusively in Timeless River. I have 49 types of items, most of the other stuff synthesized and almost everything necessary to make Ultima Weapon. The problem is, there are only 7 Orichalcum+ in the game and unless I can find a way to get the Frost Stone, I can't get the Orichalcum+ that the moogles give you for getting all the materials.

So here's what I'm wondering,
(i) Is there any information anyone can give me with regards to the problem I'm having? (Disc VS PS3, etc.)
(ii) Is there any other way to get this done? I don't have much hope here, but I'm desperate so I'll take anything.

Oh, and just an added bit of information: It doesn't look like any place near me has the game stocked so buying it again seems unlikely and will at least take some time. Also, I'm not too keen on getting it online but that is the last resort.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I think that this is a problem with your disk, tbh.

Because I have a backwards compatible PS3 and have never had any problems playing the game. You could try to get some scratch remover for your disk, many local stores should have that around.

And if you can't get into timeless river, it looks like you're pretty screwed on trying to get a frost stone. I'm right there with you, I'm not aware of any other place that has heartless that drop it.

ardyH

Scratch remover. I never considered that. I wonder if that would actually work.

ardyH

After some work the past couple days and a lot of heartache, I managed to get the scratch removal done. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough and one of the scratches was just a little too deep, which, I suspect is where the Timeless River data is. According to the guy at the store, he couldn't go any deeper without damaging the data layer. The way I thought it worked was that fluid was put into the disc and allowed to dry after spinning (to get it into the scratches) to sort of re-make the surface. Regardless, despite the game seeming a bit smoother, it didn't work. I am still unable to access Timeless River and have just about given up on this now.

Just to make sure it's not a backwards compatibility thing, though, can anyone who uses a backwards compatible PS3 confirm that Timeless River is accessible in KH2?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Geez. When even a game disc(with a c) stops working on you, you know you dont take good care of them. That said, Im sorry I cant help you

And Welcome to KHInsider!:D

Also, if you want scratch remover, careful what you buy. A few years back, I bought a disc dr, and it made the problems much, much worse. Some I had professionally cleaned and others I replaced. Biggest waste of money I ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back