• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MX controlled the keyblade-stabbing, NOT Terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And you can't always trust what the characters say in their report things as series mythology fact. I mean, DiZ made two different theories on what Namine was, and he could be wrong still.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Grass said:
You're basing this entire thing of that one phrase in the secret reports? Written by Axel, the one who didn't even know about the Replica program in the first place?

Sorry, not buying it. She is, in essence, an indirect replica of Roxas, since he "is" Sora, which may be what he was getting at.

Axel wrote that secret report after finding out about Xion's existence, so he wasn't really in the dark anymore.

Besides, I am not basing it off that one report alone. Xion copying Roxas specifically was emphasized throughout the game.

Grass said:
But there's another secret report written by Xemnas anyway which contradicts what you're suggesting:

Only Sora is ever referred to as the hero of the Keyblade.
And before you say anything (because I know you've been saying this for a long time despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary), the reason why Xion is gaining these memories through Roxas is because, as Sora's replica, she mimics his relationship with Roxas.

Actually, as Roxas' Replica, she mimics Roxas's connection to Sora. Namine suggested that anything Xion took from Sora was only made possible because Roxas had access to it. Basically, Roxas took Sora's memories from Sora, and then Xion absorbed those memories from Roxas.

Grass said:
Moreover, Xemnas states that Sora is what connects Roxas and Xion. That is to say they are indirectly connected through another. If she were Roxas' Replica, they would be directly connected.

Xion and Roxas are directly connected. Xion can only connect with Sora through Roxas and while she is within proximity to Roxas. Sora isn't what connects Xion and Roxas. It is Roxas' connection to Sora that makes Roxas and Xion of any value to the Organization.

KH'Days said:
Xemnas: We wanted the Key. Xion's exposure to Roxas effected a transfer of
its power, just as we had hoped. Had things stopped there, Xion would have
been an unequivocal success. But then, through Roxas, Sora himself began to
shape "it" into "her," giving Xion a sense of identity. I was ready to scrap
the whole project... Then, it occurred to me: Xion is keeping Sora's memories
trapped by claiming them as her own. Keeping her close to Roxas will prevent
Sora from ever waking.

KH'Days said:
Naminé: Some of Sora's memories are missing.

Riku: How can that be?

Naminé: They're escaping through Sora's Nobody into a third person

Grass said:
The implication is that Vexen made the doll, the vessel, before Roxas was born. But this in itself proves that they had no intention of cloning Roxas. And really, why would you? You would effectively being imitating an imitation, copying an indirect source when you can get the direct source: Sora.

I think KH'Days showed just how capable the Organization is at adapting their plans to better suit changes in the situation. Besides, Roxas was seemingly an exception to a crucial rule when it came to his ability to wield the Keyblade, so perhaps the Organization wanted to replicate Roxas' unique properties in hopes of developing a replica that could also bypass the restriction that prevented Nobodies from wielding Keyblades.

Grass said:
And that's what happens. Day 6: Xemnas fights Sora, samples his memories. Day 7: Xion is given life.

OR Xemnas samples Roxas' data on Day 6 (during their conversation at the Dark Margin) and then Xion is given life on Day 7.

Grass said:
I mean, hell, Roxas really didn't even have any memories to give at that point.

And Xion didn't have any of Sora's memories to possess at that point either. However, I'm fascinated by how Xion's first memory she absorbed was subtly implied to belong solely to Roxas.

Grass said:
That's how the replicas operate. They have a vessel, and a sampling of memories is inserted to give them an identity. The Days novel actually confirmed that when Vexen gathered "data" from Riku, he was actually sampling memories so as to activate Repliku.
After all, who does Xion look like when she's "ready," when she's complete (sans Roxas)? Sora. Sora, Sora, Sora.

Yet, she wouldn't be complete until she absorbed Roxas. How interesting.

If you read information outside of the game, you would know that Roxas and Xion's encounter at the end of the game was originally going to resemble Riku and the Riku Replica's encounter, where Xion would insist that she was the real person and not Roxas. Sounds like a typical Original versus Replica relationship to me. Take from this what you will, since the original final encounter was cut out of the game anyways and isn't technically canon (though it might shine some light on what the creators of the game were thinking in regards to Xion and Roxas' connection/relationship to each other).

Last edited:
Awards
You know what, why don't I just leave this here:

Xion: Axel, I'm remembering things... About who I was.

Axel: Well, stop remembering. Nothing good will come of it.

Xion: I have dreams every night. You're in them, Axel!

Axel: Then they sure ain't memories. How could I be part of your past? Use
your head, Xion.

Xion: You can't fool me. We've met before, Axel, right here in this castle!

Let that sink in.

Axel wrote that secret report after finding out about Xion's existence, so he wasn't really in the dark anymore.

Actually, he wrote that report long after he found out what Xion was, but that's besides the point. On Day 194, he learns that she's a Replica.

But, iirc, it's never really explicitly shown how he figures out who she is a replica of, because when he finds out she's a replica, he still doesn't know the details. So I would hardly consider him an authority on the matter, compared to, you know, Xemnas, who says otherwise.

Besides, I am not basing it off that one report alone. Xion copying Roxas specifically was emphasized throughout the game.

So what? The three of them interchangeably copy each other because they are all in some respect supposed to be the same person. Sora gains the ability to dual wield via Roxas, Roxas via Xion, they all have the same battle stance, etc.

Actually, as Roxas' Replica, she mimics Roxas's connection to Sora. Namine suggested that anything Xion took from Sora was only made possible because Roxas had access to it. Basically, Roxas took Sora's memories from Sora, and then Xion absorbed those memories from Roxas.

Doesn't make sense.
As I already said, the original being takes precedence over the Nobody in regards to memory, ie if the original being is still around, they will have the memories. If Xion were a replica of Roxas she would effectively take the role of the Nobody of the Nobody, so she sure as hell wouldn't be absorbing any memories.

Rather, she was a false "original being" that took memories from Roxas, like Sora had when he was revived.

The only reason why Roxas was capable of absorbing memories from Sora is because Sora was in a state of sleep with his memories being taken out and rearranged by Namine.

Xion and Roxas are directly connected. Xion can only connect with Sora through Roxas and while she is within proximity to Roxas. Sora isn't what connects Xion and Roxas. It is Roxas' connection to Sora that makes Roxas and Xion of any value to the Organization.

I don't know how you can say that when it's explicitly stated in the game that Roxas and Xion are connected through Sora. Literally, that is the exact quote.
And it's supported by the fact that Xion returns directly to Sora. She doesn't go to Roxas, but to Sora.

I think KH'Days showed just how capable the Organization is at adapting their plans to better suit changes in the situation. Besides, Roxas was seemingly an exception to a crucial rule when it came to his ability to wield the Keyblade, so perhaps the Organization wanted to replicate Roxas' unique properties in hopes of developing a replica that could also bypass the restriction that prevented Nobodies from wielding Keyblades.

Yeah, they tend to change plans when it either benefits them more than the original plan or they are forced to. Neither of which is the case here. There's no reason why replicating Roxas would be more beneficial than replicating Sora (it'd probably be less), and they had plenty of opportunity to acquire the appropriate material needed to make a Sora replica.

OR Xemnas samples Roxas' data on Day 6 (during their conversation at the Dark Margin) and then Xion is given life on Day 7.

We see in CoM that when Marluxia passes through Sora, he is sampling Sora's memories and producing something tangible from it. Xemnas does the same exact thing. At Xion's core are Sora's memories. The next day, Xion is introduced.

Connect the dots, bro.

And Xion didn't have any of Sora's memories to possess at that point either. However, I'm fascinated by how Xion's first memory she absorbed was subtly implied to belong solely to Roxas.

Uh, yes she did. The Xemnas battle. He sampled Sora's memories. I don't know how you can ignore this when I just provided a quote from Nomura saying that Xion at her core is Sora's memories.

Yet, she wouldn't be complete until she absorbed Roxas. How interesting.

Because she is a replica of Sora at the time HE was "incomplete." He was missing Roxas.
So, as Sora's replica, she is missing Roxas too. To absorb him would make her a "complete" Sora.

If you read information outside of the game, you would know that Roxas and Xion's encounter at the end of the game was originally going to resemble Riku and the Riku Replica's encounter, where Xion would insist that she was the real person and not Roxas. Sounds like a typical Original versus Replica relationship to me. Take from this what you will, since the original final encounter was cut out of the game anyways and isn't technically canon (though it might shine some light on what the creators of the game were thinking in regards to Xion and Roxas' connection/relationship to each other).

Except as opposed to being a carbon copy of the Repliku scenario, it's pretty clear that they're both fake. Xion going into denial and believing she is real and Roxas is fake would reflect, above all else, her own thoughts, and not the creators.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Grass said:
You know what, why don't I just leave this here:

Let that sink in.

That's cute. So you want to play the quote game, huh?

KH'Days said:
Xion: I'm like you, Roxas.

KH'Days said:
Axel: You two do have a lot in common.

KH'Days said:
Xion: I guess I'm more like Roxas.

KH'Days said:
Xemnas: We wanted the Key. Xion's exposure to Roxas effected a transfer of its power, just as we had hoped.

KH'Days said:
Axel: Oh, come on, don't look shocked. You already know you're a Replica. A puppet whose original purpose was to duplicate Roxas's powers.

KH'Days said:
Axel: Roxas... Xion is like a mirror that reflects you.

KH'Days said:
Axel: The Organization made her to duplicate your powers. She's a puppet.

KH'Days said:
Day 276: Behind the Truth

Xion is gone. Roxas still doesn't know anything, but Xion found out. That's why I need to find her. We don't have hearts, so we accept the facts we're given as the truth. But something far more important lies behind that truth. Saïx would laugh at people with no hearts calling one another friends, but that doesn't make it not so.

As the Nobody of the hero of the Keyblade and the Replica of that Nobody, these two are special. Unique in every sense of the word. But that doesn't change the fact that we're friends. Nothing will. Got it memorized, Xion?

Nomura Interview said:
-- Why does Xion become able to use the Keyblade again on day 96?

Nomura: This was less due to her doing missions together with Roxas every day, and more due to using his Keyblade. She was able to once again copy his power.

Nomura Interview said:
-- Xion is in a similar position to the Riku Replica of Chain of Memories, but unlike him, she is unaware that she was artificially created, and the path she finally chooses is completely different.

Nomura: The Riku Replica was modeled on Riku. With Xion, she becomes like the Kairi of Sora's memories. But rather than saying she was initially created to imitate something, it's more like she was a special case, born primarily to absorb Roxas' powers and evolve. It was intended right from the beginning of development that Xion and Roxas would eventually fight, but we had wondered about how to depict the conflict with Xion that would lead to this. At first I came up with the plot that would go like that of the Riku Replica, where Xion would insist that she was the real person and fight with Roxas. But many of the staff were of the opinion that Xion should stay as a nice girl, so when we were changing the scenario I rewrote it into its current form.

Grass said:
But, iirc, it's never really explicitly shown how he figures out who she is a replica of, because when he finds out she's a replica, he still doesn't know the details.

It's implied that Axel went through Vexen's notes on the Replica Program, which is how he found out about Xion's existence. Therefore, when Axel says that Xion is a Replica of Roxas, I'm inclined to believe him... since you know, Vexen originally oversaw the project and therefore his notes about Xion's original existence should be the most accurate.

Grass said:
So I would hardly consider him an authority on the matter, compared to, you know, Xemnas, who says otherwise.

Actually, Xemnas seems to emphasize that Xion's similarities to Sora are only made possible because of her connection to Roxas.

Grass said:
Doesn't make sense.
As I already said, the original being takes precedence over the Nobody in regards to memory, ie if the original being is still around, they will have the memories. If Xion were a replica of Roxas she would effectively take the role of the Nobody of the Nobody, so she sure as hell wouldn't be absorbing any memories.

She would be copying Roxas' ability to absorb memories.

Grass said:
The only reason why Roxas was capable of absorbing memories from Sora is because Sora was in a state of sleep with his memories being taken out and rearranged by Namine.

And then Xion could copy that memory absorption ability if she was designed to replicate Roxas.

Grass said:
I don't know how you can say that when it's explicitly stated in the game that Roxas and Xion are connected through Sora. Literally, that is the exact quote.

It's not an exact quote. Xemnas basically just calls Sora an important connection that makes Xion and Roxas of any value to the Organization. If Roxas didn't have the unique connection to Sora's power, Roxas and Xion probably wouldn't be a part of each other's lives.

Grass said:
And it's supported by the fact that Xion returns directly to Sora. She doesn't go to Roxas, but to Sora.

First of all, Xion enables Roxas to dual wield, and she speaks to Roxas once he is captured by Riku, so that suggests that a part of Xion's power returned to Roxas. Secondly, it was stated that Xion's proximity to Roxas allowed her more access to Sora and his power, so Roxas being beside her at the time of her demise made it easier for her to return what she had taken from Sora through Roxas.

Grass said:
We see in CoM that when Marluxia passes through Sora, he is sampling Sora's memories and producing something tangible from it. Xemnas does the same exact thing. At Xion's core are Sora's memories. The next day, Xion is introduced.

And yet, Vexen didn't need to pass through Riku to get the data required to produce the Riku Replica. Maybe collecting data for a Replica could be as simple as placing a hand on the shoulder.

Grass said:
Because she is a replica of Sora at the time HE was "incomplete." He was missing Roxas.
So, as Sora's replica, she is missing Roxas too. To absorb him would make her a "complete" Sora.

Or absorbing Roxas would make her a complete Roxas...

I mean, come on already. You really don't see it? Both were "special nobodies", both were keyblade wielders, both controlled the element of light, both were friends of Axel, both were... just so much alike in so many ways, emphasized over and over throughout the game.

And what about Xion's development before Sora's memories were even being rearranged? Roxas spent the first few days in the Organization acting like a zombie. Xion spent the first few days in the Organization acting like a zombie. Roxas' first word was "Roxas". Xion's first word was "Roxas". Roxas' first memory is when Xemnas gave him his new name. And the very first memory Xion absorbed also happened to be Roxas' first memory. Xion is directly connected to Roxas. Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Xion being Sora's Replica is a misconception... a false view.

Last edited:
Awards
I'm curious, no actually I'm perplexed, at what exactly would make Xion Roxas' replica in your mind.

If the body was made before Roxas existed...
If the memories at her core were taken from Sora...

Seriously, where is Roxas coming into this?

That's cute. So you want to play the quote game, huh?

No, I don't want to play any games.
I don't want to throw out quotes that really don't add anything to my argument.

Xion is like Roxas? No shit, she's Sora's clone and Roxas is his Nobody, of course she would be. I think the fact that she dreams of herself as Sora trumps this anyway.

Axel says they have a lot in common? Again, no shit.

Xion says she's more like Roxas? Taken out of context, she's referring to being memory-less. And she's not more like Roxas than she is Sora!

Xion's exposure to Roxas effected a transfer of the Key's power? Uh, yes? "Through
Roxas, Xion is assembling a copy of the hero of the Keyblade."

Xion was supposed to duplicate Roxas' power? Of course! Roxas' powers are Sora's powers. As Xemnas says, "The goal was to duplicate the Keyblade wielder's memories, and through them, his powers--thus making them our own."

I like how you've also thrown several quotes in there which I've already addressed, but ok.

It's implied that Axel went through Vexen's notes on the Replica Program, which is how he found out about Xion's existence. Therefore, when Axel says that Xion is a Replica of Roxas, I'm inclined to believe him... since you know, Vexen originally oversaw the project and therefore his notes about Xion's original existence should be the most accurate.

Uh, were you listening?
When Axel goes through Vexen's notes, the secret report he writes that day proves that he found nothing about who Xion is a replica of, only that she is a replica. As I said, it is never explicitly shown how Axel comes to his conclusion.

Actually, Xemnas seems to emphasize that Xion's similarities to Sora are only made possible because of her connection to Roxas.

Roxas: Who is Sora?

Xemnas: He's the connection.

Roxas: The what?

Xemnas: He is what makes you and Xion a part of each other's lives.

Xemnas told me that "Sora" is the connection between me and Xion

Xemnas: Both of them have connections to Sora, but we only need one of them
under our thumb.

Xemnas said...Sora was what connects her and me.

She would be copying Roxas' ability to absorb memories.

Roxas has no such power, at least not under normal circumstances.
If Roxas could absorb memories, why did SORA absorb them back when he was restored? The only time when Roxas absorbs memories is when Sora is asleep, and his memories are taken out to be rearranged.

That's what I was getting at. If she was replicating Roxas, she would have no ability to absorb memories from Roxas unless his memories were being taken out manually to be rearranged.

It's not an exact quote. Xemnas basically just calls Sora an important connection that makes Xion and Roxas of any value to the Organization. If Roxas didn't have the unique connection to Sora's power, Roxas and Xion probably wouldn't be a part of each other's lives.

See above.

First of all, Xion enables Roxas to dual wield, and she speaks to Roxas once he is captured by Riku, so that suggests that a part of Xion's power returned to Roxas. Secondly, it was stated that Xion's proximity to Roxas allowed her more access to Sora and his power, so Roxas being beside her at the time of her demise made it easier for her to return what she had taken from Sora through Roxas.

I don't think you even understand why Xion enables Roxas to dual wield.
She is not a necessary piece of the puzzle. (To imply that in order to use those two keyblades, a replica would have to be destroyed... that's absurd).

It's Roxas' emotional reaction to her death. He taps into Ven's heart, allowing him to wield the second keyblade. It's not Xion's, as Nomura confirms.
In other words, any emotional event could have triggered Roxas' ability to dual wield.

Xion speaks to Roxas? So what? She speaks to Riku too. Roxas and Kairi do this telepathic connection as well. It says nothing about their relationship, just a part of the complex web of connections.

And, bro, why would she be returning to Sora if she's Roxas' replica? Hell, what sense does it make for her to go through Roxas back to Sora? SHE IS CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO SORA, as the game says.

Also, the reason why her proximity to Roxas affects her connection to Sora is because he HAS SORA'S MEMORIES.
You know what else affects her connection to Sora? Those devices which absorb memories in proximity. The MEMORIES are the important part here.

And yet, Vexen didn't need to pass through Riku to get the data required to produce the Riku Replica. Maybe collecting data for a Replica could be as simple as placing a hand on the shoulder.

How do you know? A cutscene, followed by a fight, followed by a cutscene where Vexen says he collected data.
The way fights occur are not canon considering that they can happen differently every time.

Or absorbing Roxas would make her a complete Roxas...

How does this even make sense?
If Roxas absorbs another Roxas, how does that make him "complete"?

If Sora absorbs Roxas... uh, yeah! He's complete!

I mean, come on already. You really don't see it? Both were "special nobodies", both were keyblade wielders, both controlled the element of light, both were friends of Axel, both were... just so much alike in so many ways, emphasized over and over throughout the game.

You're seriously reaching for it. They're SUPPOSED to be alike, but you're going to have to have a LITTLE more evidence than that.
Both were SPECIAL NOBODIES? That has to do with Vexen seeing Replica's as Special Nobodies, it means NOTHING. So Repliku is a "Special Nobody" and Riku isn't but he's still obviously Riku's replica.
Both were keyblade wielders? SO WAS SORA.
Both controlled light? So DID SORA.
Both were friends with Axel? SO WHAT. Your friends define who you are? So because Sora wasn't friends with Axel, Xion is Roxas' replica? I mean, hell, they probably WOULD have been friends considering that Axel feels the same around Sora but it DOESN'T MATTER. It is completely irrelevant and it does nothing for either of our arguments.

STOP trying to pull at strings for how ALIKE they are. We KNOW they're alike. They WOULD be regardless of whether Xion is Roxas's Replica or Sora's. Do you understand? Do you know why Xion would be similar to Roxas even as Sora's Replica?

And what about Xion's development before Sora's memories were even being rearranged? Roxas spent the first few days in the Organization acting like a zombie. Xion spent the first few days in the Organization acting like a zombie.

She only began to develop a personality after Sora went to Castle Oblivion.

Roxas' first word was "Roxas". Xion's first word was "Roxas".

bonking a' man, My first words were dada, I must be a replica of another person that said dada.

Roxas' first memory is when Xemnas gave him his new name. And the very first memory Xion absorbed also happened to be Roxas' first memory.

What?

Xion is directly connected to Roxas. Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Xion being Sora's Replica is a misconception... a false view.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Grass said:
I'm curious, no actually I'm perplexed, at what exactly would make Xion Roxas' replica in your mind.

If the body was made before Roxas existed...
If the memories at her core were taken from Sora...

Namine's words indicate that Sora's memories only became a part of Xion's core later on... sometime after she was created.

Grass said:
Seriously, where is Roxas coming into this?

It's because Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Grass said:
No, I don't want to play any games.
I don't want to throw out quotes that really don't add anything to my argument.

Xion is like Roxas? No shit, she's Sora's clone and Roxas is his Nobody, of course she would be.

No, it's because Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Grass said:
Axel says they have a lot in common? Again, no shit.

Grass said:
Xion says she's more like Roxas? Taken out of context, she's referring to being memory-less. And she's not more like Roxas than she is Sora!

Actually, she is more like Roxas, because Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Grass said:
Xion's exposure to Roxas effected a transfer of the Key's power? Uh, yes? "Through
Roxas
, Xion is assembling a copy of the hero of the Keyblade."

Yes, if it wasn't for Roxas, Xion wouldn't have any similarities to Sora. This is because Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Grass said:
Xion was supposed to duplicate Roxas' power? Of course!

Grass said:
I like how you've also thrown several quotes in there which I've already addressed, but ok.

Because repetition seems like the only way to get a message across to you.

Grass said:
Uh, were you listening?
When Axel goes through Vexen's notes, the secret report he writes that day proves that he found nothing about who Xion is a replica of, only that she is a replica. As I said, it is never explicitly shown how Axel comes to his conclusion.

He had access to Vexen's notes, so I'm sure he eventually found a document that revealed Xion to be Roxas' Replica.

Grass said:
Roxas has no such power, at least not under normal circumstances.
If Roxas could absorb memories, why did SORA absorb them back when he was restored? The only time when Roxas absorbs memories is when Sora is asleep, and his memories are taken out to be rearranged.

Exactly, Roxas could absorb Sora's memories when his memories weren't properly chained to his heart.

Grass said:
That's what I was getting at. If she was replicating Roxas, she would have no ability to absorb memories from Roxas unless his memories were being taken out manually to be rearranged.

Assuming that Roxas does indeed have a certain someone's damaged heart, then it should be noted that said heart by itself has previously struggled with keeping things from slipping away.

Grass said:
I don't think you even understand why Xion enables Roxas to dual wield.
She is not a necessary piece of the puzzle. (To imply that in order to use those two keyblades, a replica would have to be destroyed... that's absurd).

It's Roxas' emotional reaction to her death. He taps into Ven's heart, allowing him to wield the second keyblade. It's not Xion's, as Nomura confirms.
In other words, any emotional event could have triggered Roxas' ability to dual wield.

But Nomura didn't specifically say that Roxas' emotions allowed him to access another Keyblade. What Nomura said was that Xion awakened another Keyblade within Roxas. I always figured that Xion was absorbing memories and power buried deep inside Roxas (memories and power that belonged to Ven) and when she faded away, those memories and power returned to Roxas, which made Roxas' heart more "functioning" and brought the power to wield a second Keyblade to the surface.

Grass said:
Xion speaks to Roxas? So what? She speaks to Riku too. Roxas and Kairi do this telepathic connection as well. It says nothing about their relationship, just a part of the complex web of connections.

True.

Grass said:
And, bro, why would she be returning to Sora if she's Roxas' replica? Hell, what sense does it make for her to go through Roxas back to Sora?

Because she took too many things that belonged to Sora, and she had to return them.

Grass said:
Also, the reason why her proximity to Roxas affects her connection to Sora is because he HAS SORA'S MEMORIES.
You know what else affects her connection to Sora? Those devices which absorb memories in proximity. The MEMORIES are the important part here.

Actually, the effect that Roxas' presence has on Xion indicates that regardless of whose memories she is absorbing, her connection is more directly tied to Roxas than anyone else.

Grass said:
How do you know? A cutscene, followed by a fight, followed by a cutscene where Vexen says he collected data.
The way fights occur are not canon considering that they can happen differently every time.

That's the point. There is no way to tell what needs to be done to collect data to produce a Replica, since Vexen was the only who was confirmed to do it during an encounter, even though there weren't any specific signs to indicate that he had done it.

Grass said:
How does this even make sense?
If Roxas absorbs another Roxas, how does that make him "complete"?

If Xion absorbs the original, she will theoretically become the original. She started out with nothing, and everything she took was taken from and through Roxas. Therefore, if she takes everything from Roxas, she would become Roxas... technically speaking of course.

Grass said:
You're seriously reaching for it. They're SUPPOSED to be alike, but you're going to have to have a LITTLE more evidence than that.
Both were SPECIAL NOBODIES? That has to do with Vexen seeing Replica's as Special Nobodies, it means NOTHING. So Repliku is a "Special Nobody" and Riku isn't but he's still obviously Riku's replica.
Both were keyblade wielders? SO WAS SORA.
Both controlled light? So DID SORA.
Both were friends with Axel? SO WHAT. Your friends define who you are? So because Sora wasn't friends with Axel, Xion is Roxas' replica? I mean, hell, they probably WOULD have been friends considering that Axel feels the same around Sora but it DOESN'T MATTER. It is completely irrelevant and it does nothing for either of our arguments.

The point is, Xion and Roxas were almost exactly the same in their existence, powers, abilities, relationships, role, development, actions... Xion mirrored Roxas more than anyone else.

Grass said:
STOP trying to pull at strings for how ALIKE they are. We KNOW they're alike. They WOULD be regardless of whether Xion is Roxas's Replica or Sora's. Do you understand? Do you know why Xion would be similar to Roxas even as Sora's Replica?

Do you know why Xion would be similar to Sora even as Roxas' Replica?

Grass said:
She only began to develop a personality after Sora went to Castle Oblivion.

She was a week behind Roxas' development. She needed some time to catch up, especially since the Organization tried to keep Roxas and Xion separated at first. Notice though that they allowed her to start working with Roxas even before Sora's memories were vulnerable to being taken, indicating that the Organization were more interested in how Roxas alone would affect Xion.

Grass said:

Yes, she absorbed Roxas' first memory... That is why the first word she said was "Roxas".

There are some things I need to draw to your attention again:

Axel: Oh, come on, don't look shocked. You already know you're a Replica. A puppet whose original purpose was to duplicate Roxas's powers.

Axel claims that the original purpose for Xion from the time of her creation was to copy Roxas and his power.

Nomura: The Riku Replica was modeled on Riku. With Xion, she becomes like the Kairi of Sora's memories. But rather than saying she was initially created to imitate something, it's more like she was a special case, born primarily to absorb Roxas' powers and evolve.

Nomura confirms that Xion was originally created to absorb Roxas' power specifically.

Xion's existence at the time of her creation was meant to replicate Roxas. Therefore, Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
The point is, Xion and Roxas were almost exactly the same in their existence, powers, abilities, relationships, role, development, actions... Xion mirrored Roxas more than anyone else.
Not exactly, Xion shares Sora's extreme selflessness and her personality is actually much more similar to his. Sora is the one who gladly offered his heart to Marluxia to save Namine, he easily stabbed himself with the KBoPH to save the Princess's hearts. He'd easily throw away his life to save another.

Roxas on the other hand, slashed at DiZ in anger screaming "my heart belongs to me!". His personality is in fact quite contrast to Sora, compared to Xion and Ven who are much more like him.

Xion's existence at the time of her creation was meant to replicate Roxas. Therefore, Xion is Roxas' Replica.
Xemnas took Sora's memories first, before Roxas was born. Even if Xion's purpose is to replicate Roxas's power after he was born, this does not turn her into a copy of him. Roxas was the keybearer working for the Organization at the time, as such, Xion being sent to Sora to attempt to copy his power was not really efficient compared to using the unexpected Nobody that just popped up.

Awards
Namine's words indicate that Sora's memories only became a part of Xion's core later on... sometime after she was created.

No, she indicates Xion starts absorbing Sora's memories only later, which is true.
She was still at her "core" Sora's memories, based on those Xemnas sampled.

Repliku did not need to absorb memories from Riku in order to have his memories at his core.

No, it's because Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Actually, she is more like Roxas, because Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Yes, if it wasn't for Roxas, Xion wouldn't have any similarities to Sora. This is because Xion is Roxas' Replica.

Because repetition seems like the only way to get a message across to you.

Look man, if you want to be a bitch and use that as a cop out, fine by me, because it only makes you look bad when you can't make a substantive argument.

No, but in all seriousness, still haven't answered my question. Generic vessel created before Roxas, Sora's memories. What part of Xion makes her Roxas' replica?

He had access to Vexen's notes, so I'm sure he eventually found a document that revealed Xion to be Roxas' Replica.

Or he could have found evidence at CO, or talked to Saix, or simply deduced it. Doesn't really matter. The point is that we have word directly from the horse's mouth, from Xemnas, that contradicts Axel. And we don't even know how Axel found out, because he didn't when reading Vexen's notes on day 194.

Exactly, Roxas could absorb Sora's memories when his memories weren't properly chained to his heart.
Assuming that Roxas does indeed have a certain someone's damaged heart, then it should be noted that said heart by itself has previously struggled with keeping things from slipping away.

This is truly grasping at straws.
My friend, Nobodies don't need hearts to retain memories. Any piece of Ven's heart that Roxas has is supplementary, not necessary, for him to retain memories.

But Nomura didn't specifically say that Roxas' emotions allowed him to access another Keyblade. What Nomura said was that Xion awakened another Keyblade within Roxas. I always figured that Xion was absorbing memories and power buried deep inside Roxas (memories and power that belonged to Ven) and when she faded away, those memories and power returned to Roxas, which made Roxas' heart more "functioning" and brought the power to wield a second Keyblade to the surface.

Just think about how ludicrous your explanation is.
In order for Sora to finally use Ven's keyblade, he would need to have a Nobody, and a Replica, and the Replica extracts memories from the Nobody, and is defeated by the Nobody and returns these memories, which unlock Ven's heart and his keyblade, and the Nobody is then reabsorbed by Sora, which allows him to dual wield.

That is one hell of a specific requirement in order to unlock dual wielding.
Do you really think that, had Xion never been created, it would be impossible for Roxas to tap into Ven's heart to use the keyblade?

Because she took too many things that belonged to Sora, and she had to return them.

And she took so many things from Sora because....?
Here, let me use your kind of argument:
Because she is Sora's Replica.

Actually, the effect that Roxas' presence has on Xion indicates that regardless of whose memories she is absorbing, her connection is more directly tied to Roxas than anyone else.

Did you actually read what I said?
You said Xion's connection to Sora is strengthened by proximity to Roxas, which is probably true.
I pointed out another case where this is true- proximity to the memory absorbing devices.
As Nomura says, "They used them to absorb the memories from the places Sora had visited. These memories were sent to the body that Xemnas gave Xion, and amplified her power."

So is her connection more directly tied to the devices? Of course not, the whole reason why they strengthen her is because of what they contain, Sora's memories. The same principle, the same force is in action for Roxas. He is also a container of Sora's memories which she can absorb. It is not him, but what he contains.

By absorbing these memories, she absorbs power as well, which is what Xemnas was talking about.

That's the point. There is no way to tell what needs to be done to collect data to produce a Replica, since Vexen was the only who was confirmed to do it during an encounter, even though there weren't any specific signs to indicate that he had done it.

Actually your point was that he DIDN'T do it to Riku, but let's back up for a second so that we're on the same terms here.
You realize that Replicas NEED memories to function, right? Do we agree to that?

So how are these memories extracted? A pat on the shoulder?
Well then what's with the theatrics? Why, in other cases, must the Organization member physically pass through, almost as if reaching inside, another in order to read their memories?

The whole pat on the shoulder was clearly done as a call back to Terra.

If Xion absorbs the original, she will theoretically become the original. She started out with nothing, and everything she took was taken from and through Roxas. Therefore, if she takes everything from Roxas, she would become Roxas... technically speaking of course.

Going back to what I said before, how does this even benefit them? So they had Roxas. Then they had essentially two Roxas'. And one absorbs another. And they're back to one Roxas. They're left with what they started with.

The whole point behind it is that she can absorb Roxas to essentially become Sora, preventing him from waking up. That way, they can have their own Sora, but one that is obedient. If Xion became the "real" Roxas by absorbing Roxas, would Sora not still be able to absorb Xion, like Roxas, in order to become complete again?

That's what I'm talking about. Making Xion the new Roxas wouldn't get them anywhere, not like if Xion was Sora. Because, in that case, there are two Sora's, and only one Roxas. That one Roxas can only make one of the Soras complete. In your case, there are two Roxas and one Sora. If one Roxas absorbs the other, so what? Sora can just absorb the winner, so long as Riku brings them back.

Let me try to make this sink in so that you can stop talking about something so irrelevant.
Say Riku has a Nobody and Repliku. Now, Repliku is copying HIM, correct? And yet, he is still, in the eyes of Vexen, a "special Nobody." In many ways, both Riku's Nobody and Repliku would be like the original Riku, which in turn would make them similar to each other, right? Except those two are even more alike, in some respect, since they have similar existences. Does that make Repliku a replica of Riku's Nobody and not Riku? Nope.

So stop arguing about how alike they are. It's a moot point and it does absolutely nothing for your argument.

Do you know why Xion would be similar to Sora even as Roxas' Replica?

Oh my God, YES, which is why I'M not trying to prove my point by how similar Xion is to Sora over Roxas.
Do you understand?
Xion would be similar to Sora as Roxas' Replica, and similar to Roxas as Sora's Replica. THE SIMILARITIES DO. NOT. MATTER.

She was a week behind Roxas' development. She needed some time to catch up, especially since the Organization tried to keep Roxas and Xion separated at first. Notice though that they allowed her to start working with Roxas even before Sora's memories were vulnerable to being taken, indicating that the Organization were more interested in how Roxas alone would affect Xion.

She was about two weeks behind Roxas, actually. Which is irrelevant.
She started to develop on Day 24. Know when that was? When Sora arrived at CO, ie when his memories began to be rearranged. The next day, she has a new face and a keyblade.

That is no coincidence.

Yes, she absorbed Roxas' first memory... That is why the first word she said was "Roxas".

I'm loling.
She was saying his name because she wanted to make sure that was what it was. It was like they were being introduced for the first time. She says, "Your name...it's...Roxas, isn't it?"

And then ROXAS is reminded of when he first got his name, since she was asking about it. Nothing more.
That you could try to infer anything more from that scene is another example of grasping at straws.

There are some things I need to draw to your attention again:

Axel claims that the original purpose for Xion from the time of her creation was to copy Roxas and his power.

Nomura: The Riku Replica was modeled on Riku. With Xion, she becomes like the Kairi of Sora's memories. But rather than saying she was initially created to imitate something, it's more like she was a special case, born primarily to absorb Roxas' powers and evolve.

Nomura confirms that Xion was originally created to absorb Roxas' power specifically.

Because Roxas' power = Sora's power, hurdurr.
Even Xemnas says (how many times do I have to pull out this quote):
"Through Roxas, Xion is assembling a copy of the hero of the Keyblade."

What IS Roxas' power? The ability to use a keyblade.
As Roxas says:
Xion was part of that Replica Program.
Made to copy my Keyblade...

And whose keyblade is that? It's Sora's! Confirmed by Nomura!

Nomura said:
he keyblade that Roxas used and the thing that Sora once lost in Castle Oblivion are the same thing.

Ergo, she is copying Sora's power too, through Roxas. Get it? I hope so.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Zulkir said:
Not exactly, Xion shares Sora's extreme selflessness and her personality is actually much more similar to his. Sora is the one who gladly offered his heart to Marluxia to save Namine, he easily stabbed himself with the KBoPH to save the Princess's hearts. He'd easily throw away his life to save another.

Roxas on the other hand, slashed at DiZ in anger screaming "my heart belongs to me!". His personality is in fact quite contrast to Sora, compared to Xion and Ven who are much more like him.

Roxas wasn't entirely self-centered. He disputed DiZ's claims because he wasn't going to let anyone tell him that he wasn't real... and that his heart wasn't his own. Xion similarly got hurt and became angry when Riku suggested that she and her Keyblade were merely shams.

Zulkir said:
Xemnas took Sora's memories first, before Roxas was born.

No he didn't, or at least it wasn't confirmed that he did.

Zulkir said:
Even if Xion's purpose is to replicate Roxas's power after he was born, this does not turn her into a copy of him. Roxas was the keybearer working for the Organization at the time, as such, Xion being sent to Sora to attempt to copy his power was not really efficient compared to using the unexpected Nobody that just popped up.

In the end though, the Organization chose Roxas for Xion to copy, not Sora. The game explained that Xion was Roxas' Replica. It was never stated that she was Sora's Replica.

Grass said:
No, she indicates Xion starts absorbing Sora's memories only later, which is true.
She was still at her "core" Sora's memories, based on those Xemnas sampled.

Now you're just making stuff up. Where was it stated that the memories Xemnas sampled from Sora became a part of Xion's composition.

Grass said:
No, but in all seriousness, still haven't answered my question. Generic vessel created before Roxas, Sora's memories. What part of Xion makes her Roxas' replica?

The fact that Xion began replicating Roxas first is a dead give away.

Xion wasn't created from Sora's memories. She was only later largely shaped by them. So you tell me, what part Xion do you think makes her Sora's Replica?

Grass said:
Doesn't really matter. The point is that we have word directly from the horse's mouth, from Xemnas, that contradicts Axel.

Xemnas merely states that Xion is becoming more and more like Sora... logically the result of her copying Roxas of course. Xemnas never actually comes out and says that Xion is Sora's Replica. In fact, Xemnas says that she was created because they wanted to retain Roxas' power in case they somehow lost Roxas.

Grass said:
This is truly grasping at straws.
My friend, Nobodies don't need hearts to retain memories. Any piece of Ven's heart that Roxas has is supplementary, not necessary, for him to retain memories.

Believe whatever you want to believe.

Grass said:
Just think about how ludicrous your explanation is.
In order for Sora to finally use Ven's keyblade, he would need to have a Nobody, and a Replica, and the Replica extracts memories from the Nobody, and is defeated by the Nobody and returns these memories, which unlock Ven's heart and his keyblade, and the Nobody is then reabsorbed by Sora, which allows him to dual wield.

That is one hell of a specific requirement in order to unlock dual wielding.
Do you really think that, had Xion never been created, it would be impossible for Roxas to tap into Ven's heart to use the keyblade?

All Sora/Roxas needed was better access to Ven's power... it doesn't really matter how that access came about.

Grass said:
And she took so many things from Sora because....?
Here, let me use your kind of argument:
Because she is Sora's Replica.

Incorrect.

Grass said:
Did you actually read what I said?
You said Xion's connection to Sora is strengthened by proximity to Roxas, which is probably true.
I pointed out another case where this is true- proximity to the memory absorbing devices.
As Nomura says, "They used them to absorb the memories from the places Sora had visited. These memories were sent to the body that Xemnas gave Xion, and amplified her power."

So is her connection more directly tied to the devices? Of course not, the whole reason why they strengthen her is because of what they contain, Sora's memories. The same principle, the same force is in action for Roxas. He is also a container of Sora's memories which she can absorb. It is not him, but what he contains.

Memories were a source of power for Xion, but she depended on Roxas to absorb them... until Xemnas found a way to bypass Roxas in hopes of giving Xion an advantage in their showdown. Thing is though, those machines only took memories from the worlds... Roxas was still the only way for Xion to get memories from Sora.

Grass said:
Actually your point was that he DIDN'T do it to Riku, but let's back up for a second so that we're on the same terms here.

My point was that we'll never really know what he did to Riku to get the data to make a Replica.

Grass said:
You realize that Replicas NEED memories to function, right? Do we agree to that?

Yes.

Grass said:
So how are these memories extracted? A pat on the shoulder?

Perhaps.

Grass said:
Well then what's with the theatrics? Why, in other cases, must the Organization member physically pass through, almost as if reaching inside, another in order to read their memories?

I think Xemnas called Roxas' few memories to the surface when he muttered the word "Sora". Besides, scanning Roxas' memories probably would have been a simpler process, since he hardly had any memories begin with... which may be why Xion started out as a blank doll. If Replicas are shaped by memories, then Xion is exactly what I would expect a Replica to look like if said Replica was made from someone with hardly any memories.

Grass said:
The whole pat on the shoulder was clearly done as a call back to Terra.

If so, then that may even call more memories to the surface.

Grass said:
Going back to what I said before, how does this even benefit them? So they had Roxas. Then they had essentially two Roxas'. And one absorbs another. And they're back to one Roxas. They're left with what they started with.

Xemnas said that it would have been ideal if Xion didn't go beyond absorbing too much power from Roxas.

Grass said:
The whole point behind it is that she can absorb Roxas to essentially become Sora, preventing him from waking up. That way, they can have their own Sora, but one that is obedient. If Xion became the "real" Roxas by absorbing Roxas, would Sora not still be able to absorb Xion, like Roxas, in order to become complete again?

No matter what, so long as Sora's memories weren't destroyed or locked away somewhere, Sora could still become complete again so long as he absorbed the individuals who possessed the remainder of his memories.

Grass said:
That's what I'm talking about. Making Xion the new Roxas wouldn't get them anywhere, not like if Xion was Sora. Because, in that case, there are two Sora's, and only one Roxas. That one Roxas can only make one of the Soras complete. In your case, there are two Roxas and one Sora. If one Roxas absorbs the other, so what? Sora can just absorb the winner, so long as Riku brings them back.

The point of the whole thing is that the Organization didn't want Sora to absorb Roxas or Xion. They would sooner destroy them both then let that happen.

Grass said:
Let me try to make this sink in so that you can stop talking about something so irrelevant.
Say Riku has a Nobody and Repliku. Now, Repliku is copying HIM, correct? And yet, he is still, in the eyes of Vexen, a "special Nobody." In many ways, both Riku's Nobody and Repliku would be like the original Riku, which in turn would make them similar to each other, right? Except those two are even more alike, in some respect, since they have similar existences. Does that make Repliku a replica of Riku's Nobody and not Riku? Nope.

Your hypothetical scenario is irrelevant.

Grass said:
Oh my God, YES, which is why I'M not trying to prove my point by how similar Xion is to Sora over Roxas.
Do you understand?
Xion would be similar to Sora as Roxas' Replica, and similar to Roxas as Sora's Replica. THE SIMILARITIES DO. NOT. MATTER.

Then in that case, you're basing your argument on pretty much nothing...
But yes, the similarities do mostly become an irrelevant factor in proving whether Xion is Roxas' Replica or Sora's Replica. However, the emphasis and reinforcement of similarities remain relevant. Plus, similarities that are exclusive to Roxas remain meaningful.

Grass said:
I'm loling.
She was saying his name because she wanted to make sure that was what it was. It was like they were being introduced for the first time. She says, "Your name...it's...Roxas, isn't it?"

Actually, the first thing she says is "Roxas". Then she says "Your name...it's...Roxas, isn't it?"

Roxas' first word was "Roxas" and Xion's first word was "Roxas".

This is no coincidence.

Grass said:
And then ROXAS is reminded of when he first got his name, since she was asking about it. Nothing more.
That you could try to infer anything more from that scene is another example of grasping at straws.

You're hilarious. If I'm grasping at straws when it comes to providing solid evidence for my argument, then I'm afraid you're simply empty handed while trying to argue your so-called "point".

Grass said:
Because Roxas' power = Sora's power, hurdurr.
Even Xemnas says (how many times do I have to pull out this quote):

Because Roxas is similar to Sora, duh. I think the only important part of that quote is how Xemnas accredits Xion's replication to her connection with Roxas.

Grass said:
What IS Roxas' power? The ability to use a keyblade.
As Roxas says:

Oh don't even try that crap. I provide a quote from Nomura confirming my argument... and you in response quote Roxas!? ROXAS? The guy who knew diddly squat about what was going on throughout pretty much the entire game? Ha!

Last edited:
Awards
Now you're just making stuff up. Where was it stated that the memories Xemnas sampled from Sora became a part of Xion's composition.

THINK. If Xion is at her core "Sora's memories," where did those memories come from prior to CoM?

The fact that Xion began replicating Roxas first is a dead give away.

Xion wasn't created from Sora's memories. She was only later largely shaped by them. So you tell me, what part Xion do you think makes her Sora's Replica?

Oh my god, dude, you still haven't answered my question.
WHAT MAKES XION A REPLICA OF ROXAS? WHAT ARE THEY REPLICATING FROM ROXAS?
IT'S NOT THE BODY AND IT'S NOT THE MEMORIES, SO WHAT?

The part of Xion that makes her Sora's replica IS HIS MEMORIES.
That's what gives the Replicas LIFE.

They are inanimate DOLLS until MEMORIES are inserted, which give them LIFE and an IDENTITY to COPY. This is even the case with Repliku.
What the bonk do you think makes her Roxas' replica?

Xemnas merely states that Xion is becoming more and more like Sora... logically the result of her copying Roxas of course. Xemnas never actually comes out and says that Xion is Sora's Replica. In fact, Xemnas says that she was created because they wanted to retain Roxas' power in case they somehow lost Roxas.

What the bonk are you reading, man, he says that through Roxas Xion is becoming "a copy of the hero of the keyblade," aka becoming a copy of SORA.

Memories were a source of power for Xion, but she depended on Roxas to absorb them... until Xemnas found a way to bypass Roxas in hopes of giving Xion an advantage in their showdown. Thing is though, those machines only took memories from the worlds... Roxas was still the only way for Xion to get memories from Sora.

Uh WHY do you think they chose worlds that Sora had visited? Because he had memories that he made there.
The chain of memories connects people across many worlds. Planting those memory devices on those worlds allowed the Organization to take Sora's memories from these places and further concentrate them in Xion.

My point was that we'll never really know what he did to Riku to get the data to make a Replica.

And, uh, that's what I was saying, because YOU were saying that Vexen did NOT pass through Riku.

I think Xemnas called Roxas' few memories to the surface when he muttered the word "Sora". Besides, scanning Roxas' memories probably would have been a simpler process, since he hardly had any memories begin with... which may be why Xion started out as a blank doll. If Replicas are shaped by memories, then Xion is exactly what I would expect a Replica to look like if said Replica was made from someone with hardly any memories.

Roxas' few memories to the surface? Dude, that still doesn't explain the theatrics. Hell, he could literally just touch Sora without trying to call anything to the surface because, for him, they already ARE at the surface.

If so, then that may even call more memories to the surface.

Then he would be making a clone of Ven...

Xemnas said that it would have been ideal if Xion didn't go beyond absorbing too much power from Roxas.

Yes...

Xemnas: I will admit, Xion has strayed from our original designs. But this
unpredictable behavior is proving to have an interesting side effect.

Saïx: Really?

Xemnas: We wanted the Key. Xion's exposure to Roxas effected a transfer of
its power, just as we had hoped. Had things stopped there, Xion would have
been an unequivocal success. But then, through Roxas, Sora himself began to
shape "it" into "her," giving Xion a sense of identity. I was ready to scrap
the whole project... Then, it occurred to me: Xion is keeping Sora's memories
trapped by claiming them as her own. Keeping her close to Roxas will prevent
Sora from ever waking.

And the fact that he lets things take their course proves that it is more beneficial.
Again, in your scenario, they'd end up with one Roxas, what they started with, what they could lose to the real Sora. They would want to STOP that, to have two Roxas' in case one was lost.
In actuality, they'd end up with one obedient SORA, and prevent the real Sora from waking up.

No matter what, so long as Sora's memories weren't destroyed or locked away somewhere, Sora could still become complete again so long as he absorbed the individuals who possessed the remainder of his memories.

Roxas was comprised of Sora's body and soul, as well as Ven's heart.
Xion was comprised of Sora's memories.

Combined them together and what do you get? A complete being. What makes you think Sora can absorb complete beings? Because Xion would have Sora's memories?

Did you know some of Riku's memories are in Sora? Does that mean Riku can absorb Sora?

Xion was replicated at a time when Sora lacked Roxas, his other half, therefore, Xion needed Roxas too in order to become complete. That's the whole point behind Xemnas saying that Sora would sleep forever if Xion absorbed Roxas.

The point of the whole thing is that the Organization didn't want Sora to absorb Roxas or Xion. They would sooner destroy them both then let that happen.

Actually, no, that's utterly moronic. If both Roxas and Xion were destroyed, Sora wouldn't wake up, and they would have NO ONE to collect hearts. Sora's low on the list, but he isn't that low. They need SOMEONE, just preferably not Sora. And Xion absorbing Roxas provides the perfect solution. They have someone, and Sora doesn't have to wake up.

Your hypothetical scenario is irrelevant.

haha, ok
It is entirely relevant because I am showing through analogy why all of your bullshit talk about how "Xion is more similar to Roxas, so she must be his replica" is moot. If you don't understand why from that, I can't help you.

Then in that case, you're basing your argument on pretty much nothing...

Hahaha, no?
What the bonk have I been talking about this whole time. Quotes from the game/Nomura, the motivation of the Organization, the logical disparity between Xion as Roxas' Replica and Xion between Sora's replica, etc. Not about how OH XION LIKES CHOCOLATE AND SORA LIKES CHOCOLATE SHE IS HIS REPLICA.

But yes, the similarities do mostly become an irrelevant factor in proving whether Xion is Roxas' Replica or Sora's Replica. However, the emphasis and reinforcement of similarities remain relevant. Plus, similarities that are exclusive to Roxas remain meaningful.

Wow. You practically contradict yourself in two juxtaposed sentences.
What, pray tell, is a similarity to Roxas that remains meaningful?
Because, gee, pretty sure I just talked about how all this shit is either stuff they hold in common with Sora or is entirely irrelevant (eg being friends with Axel.....).

Actually, the first thing she says is "Roxas". Then she says "Your name...it's...Roxas, isn't it?"

Roxas' first word was "Roxas" and Xion's first word was "Roxas".

This is no coincidence.

Uhhhhh, you're right, but not for the reason you're thinking of.
They're said under two entirely different circumstances.

Roxas is saying his name as he is being named.
Xion is asking Roxas' name to verify it.

The latter is meant to remind Roxas of the former, because they are discussing his name.
That's it. I mean, bonking a man, they aren't even posed in the same form. One is a declaration, the other is a question.

Like, seriously, suddenly baby's first words are indicative of who she's a replica of?
It's one thing if we're talking about lines of dialogue here, like with Terranort in BbS using the same quote as Ansem SoD. But a name?

What, so if she was Sora's replica, she would have had to have said his first words, like dada? Did REPLIKU say RIKU'S first words? I hope so for your sake.
Orrrrr, you know, maybe this is just all context and you trying to connect dots out of nothing.

You're hilarious. If I'm grasping at straws when it comes to providing solid evidence for my argument, then I'm afraid you're simply empty handed while trying to argue your so-called "point".

Cool, another thing I don't have to respond to because it has zero substance for your argument. And only accuses things about mine without backing them up.

Because Roxas is similar to Sora, duh. I think the only important part of that quote is how Xemnas accredits Xion's replication to her connection with Roxas.

Well, guess what, the entire thing is the important part.
"Through Roxas, Xion is assembling a copy of the hero of the Keyblade.""

Do I really have to dissect this?
Who is she copying? The hero of the Keyblade. Read: SORA.
How? Through Roxas, ie absorbing Sora's memories and power (Since Roxas has both of these).

In other words, ROXAS IS THE CATALYST FOR HER BEING A COPY OF SORA BECAUSE HE CONTAINS THE "INGREDIENTS."
This is why it is not wrong to say she is copying Roxas' power. The transitive property. Sora's power is Roxas' power is Xion's power. Sora's power is Xion's power.

Oh don't even try that crap. I provide a quote from Nomura confirming my argument... and you in response quote Roxas!? ROXAS? The guy who knew diddly squat about what was going on throughout pretty much the entire game? Ha!

This is seriously idiotic.
I DON'T NEED TO QUOTE ROXAS. That was only for effect.

Ask yourself,
WHAT IS ROXAS' POWER? USING THE KEYBLADE
WHOSE KEYBLADE IS THIS? SORA'S KEYBLADE.
WHAT DOES THE ORGANIZATION WANT XION TO DO? MIMIC ROXAS' POWER, WHICH IS SORA'S POWER.

Nomura's quote and Roxas' quote are NOT contradictory, you're only MAKING them out to be because you're interpreting them wrong.

caps locks bro.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Grass said:
THINK. If Xion is at her core "Sora's memories," where did those memories come from prior to CoM?

It wasn't stated that Sora's memories were a part of Xion's core prior to CoM.

Grass said:
Oh my god, dude, you still haven't answered my question.
WHAT MAKES XION A REPLICA OF ROXAS? WHAT ARE THEY REPLICATING FROM ROXAS?
IT'S NOT THE BODY AND IT'S NOT THE MEMORIES, SO WHAT?

Abilities, memories, development, maybe subtle traits in personality... all before Sora's influence infected the whole thing.

Grass said:
The part of Xion that makes her Sora's replica IS HIS MEMORIES.
That's what gives the Replicas LIFE.

And yet, she didn't have any of Sora's memories at the time of her creation... she didn't even resemble Sora in the slightest. If anything, Xion was more like Roxas when she first appeared.

Grass said:
They are inanimate DOLLS until MEMORIES are inserted, which give them LIFE and an IDENTITY to COPY. This is even the case with Repliku.
What the bonk do you think makes her Roxas' replica?

Roxas' memories and characteristics which were influencing her before Sora's memories came into the picture.

Grass said:
What the bonk are you reading, man, he says that through Roxas Xion is becoming "a copy of the hero of the keyblade," aka becoming a copy of SORA.

But you already said that being like Sora is the same as being like Roxas, which why you claimed that the similarities didn't make a difference. Xemnas still claims that Xion's development is only made possible "through Roxas".

Grass said:
Uh WHY do you think they chose worlds that Sora had visited? Because he had memories that he made there.
The chain of memories connects people across many worlds. Planting those memory devices on those worlds allowed the Organization to take Sora's memories from these places and further concentrate them in Xion.

Yes... Which is irrelevant.

Grass said:
And, uh, that's what I was saying, because YOU were saying that Vexen did NOT pass through Riku.

And what? Are you claiming that Vexen did pass through Riku?

Grass said:
Roxas' few memories to the surface? Dude, that still doesn't explain the theatrics. Hell, he could literally just touch Sora without trying to call anything to the surface because, for him, they already ARE at the surface.

Sometimes, characters just implement unnecessary theatrics.

Grass said:
And the fact that he lets things take their course proves that it is more beneficial.
Again, in your scenario, they'd end up with one Roxas, what they started with, what they could lose to the real Sora. They would want to STOP that, to have two Roxas' in case one was lost.
In actuality, they'd end up with one obedient SORA, and prevent the real Sora from waking up.

No, because even if Roxas is phased out, the contents in the Organization's "Sora" could still be returned to the real Sora.

Grass said:
Roxas was comprised of Sora's body and soul, as well as Ven's heart.
Xion was comprised of Sora's memories.

Combined them together and what do you get? A complete being.

So... you're saying that Roxas is already a complete being? If so, the addition of Xion would only make Roxas a complete being with additional memories.

Besides, Xion didn't just absorb Sora's memories.

Grass said:
What makes you think Sora can absorb complete beings? Because Xion would have Sora's memories?

Did you know some of Riku's memories are in Sora? Does that mean Riku can absorb Sora?

When Sora's memories became a part of Xion, she probably couldn't give them up without disappearing. Sora's heart rightfully owns those memories, so I'd imagine that it would have the ability to absorb them. Whether or not Xion could survive after Sora took back his memories is not important.

Grass said:
Xion was replicated at a time when Sora lacked Roxas, his other half, therefore, Xion needed Roxas too in order to become complete. That's the whole point behind Xemnas saying that Sora would sleep forever if Xion absorbed Roxas.

No... Xemnas didn't say that.

Grass said:
Actually, no, that's utterly moronic. If both Roxas and Xion were destroyed, Sora wouldn't wake up, and they would have NO ONE to collect hearts. Sora's low on the list, but he isn't that low. They need SOMEONE, just preferably not Sora.

In KH2, Axel was given orders to destroy Roxas if he refused to return to the Organization. As Xemnas stated, Sora was dangerous and couldn't be controlled. There was a serious risk that he would rise up and destroy the Organization (which he did). It seems, at one time, Xemnas figured it would have been better if Sora didn't wake up at all, even if the Organization no longer possess Keyblade wielding members amongst their ranks. However, when Sora did awake, they tried to make the best out of a potentially bad thing. Besides, even if Sora, Roxas, and Xion were all gone, the Organization still had Mickey... Hm... maybe that's why the Organization let him out of the Realm of Darkness.

Grass said:
Hahaha, no?
What the bonk have I been talking about this whole time. Quotes from the game/Nomura, the motivation of the Organization, the logical disparity between Xion as Roxas' Replica and Xion between Sora's replica, etc. Not about how OH XION LIKES CHOCOLATE AND SORA LIKES CHOCOLATE SHE IS HIS REPLICA.

You might as well be.

Grass said:
Wow. You practically contradict yourself in two juxtaposed sentences.
What, pray tell, is a similarity to Roxas that remains meaningful?
Because, gee, pretty sure I just talked about how all this shit is either stuff they hold in common with Sora or is entirely irrelevant (eg being friends with Axel.....).

Early development, first words, first memories, fighting style in terms of gameplay and limit break (within KH'Days) matching Roxas' more than Sora's... so on and so forth.

Grass said:
Uhhhhh, you're right, but not for the reason you're thinking of.
They're said under two entirely different circumstances.

Roxas is saying his name as he is being named.
Xion is asking Roxas' name to verify it.

The latter is meant to remind Roxas of the former, because they are discussing his name.
That's it. I mean, bonking a man, they aren't even posed in the same form. One is a declaration, the other is a question.

Actually, Xion was addressing Roxas. Roxas reacted surprised that Xion spoke, and then Xion asked Roxas to verify that she addressed him correctly (since Roxas' confusion/surprise suggested to her that she may have addressed him incorrectly).

Grass said:
Orrrrr, you know, maybe this is just all context and you trying to connect dots out of nothing.

Actually, that is what you're doing in your desperate (and pathetic) attempt to prove that Xion is Sora's Replica.

Grass said:
Well, guess what, the entire thing is the important part.
"Through Roxas, Xion is assembling a copy of the hero of the Keyblade.""

Do I really have to dissect this?
Who is she copying? The hero of the Keyblade. Read: SORA.
How? Through Roxas, ie absorbing Sora's memories and power (Since Roxas has both of these).

In other words, ROXAS IS THE CATALYST FOR HER BEING A COPY OF SORA BECAUSE HE CONTAINS THE "INGREDIENTS."
This is why it is not wrong to say she is copying Roxas' power. The transitive property. Sora's power is Roxas' power is Xion's power. Sora's power is Xion's power.

If the transitive property is in effect, it could just as easily be suggested that Xemnas was saying how Xion was assembling a copy of Roxas.

Grass said:
This is seriously idiotic.
I DON'T NEED TO QUOTE ROXAS. That was only for effect.

Ask yourself,
WHAT IS ROXAS' POWER? USING THE KEYBLADE
WHOSE KEYBLADE IS THIS? SORA'S KEYBLADE.
WHAT DOES THE ORGANIZATION WANT XION TO DO? MIMIC ROXAS' POWER, WHICH IS SORA'S POWER.

Nomura's quote and Roxas' quote are NOT contradictory, you're only MAKING them out to be because you're interpreting them wrong.

caps locks bro.

There is one problem with your argument.

If Roxas' powers and accessible memories are interchangeable with Sora's powers and accessible memories...
And if you claiming that Xion has to be Sora's Replica because she absorbs Sora's powers and accessible memories...
Then I can just as easily claim that Xion has to be Roxas' Replica because she absorbs Roxas' powers and accessible memories... since you know, the two are interchangeable in your mind.

Honestly, we're going around in circle going... It's Roxas! It's Sora! It's Roxas! It's Sora! It's Roxas! When all the things we're pointing out can pretty much be traced back to the both of them.

My argument has something yours doesn't though. A statement in the game that straightforwardly says that Xion is a Replica of Sora's Nobody. You, on the other hand, can't find anything close to such a statement. All you got are people talking about how Xion gradually develops many similarities to Sora, and I can find the same kind of statements made about Roxas. Point being, if Xion was Sora's Replica, it would have been stated somewhere, don't you think?

Whether or not we believe my argument is true, we can at least agree that my claim was directly suggested in the game itself.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Then I can just as easily claim that Xion has to be Roxas' Replica because she absorbs Roxas' powers and accessible memories... since you know, the two are interchangeable in your mind.

The giant hole in this is that Xion does not absorb Roxas' memories; otherwise, he would be missing giant chunks of his memory in-game and she would have dreams in which she was him.

The thing is, Sora does have giant chunks of his memory missing, and she has dreams she is Sora, so....

Point being, if Xion was Sora's Replica, it would have been stated somewhere, don't you think?

That's exactly it, though. It does say it in the game. It is the entire point of the climax.

Xion: If you see somebody else's face...a boy's face...then that means I'm almost ready. This puppet will have to play her part. Roxas... This is him. It's Sora. You're next, Roxas. I have to make you a part of me, too. Don't you see? This is why I was created.

The 'part' she was created to play was to, once complete, become Sora; to have his Keyblade, to have his face.

Everything leads up to that; her having Sora's memories at her core (as Nomura said); her absorbing Sora's memories out of Roxas, causing her to dream she is Sora and look like Sora's most important person; her being upgraded by machines that pump more Sora memories into her from the environment; her complete form being Sora himself.

Roxas and Sora are basically two halves of the same person. You're a replica of one, you're going to be deeply connected to the other. But the whole point of a replica is memories. It's what gives them life, determines their appearance, and what gives them their powers.

And, Roxas and Sora definitely have different sets of memories. Roxas has only his memories of his life in the Org. If Xion was a Roxas replica, she would have had to be built and sustained on those, she would steal them from him and dream them, and he would have huge gaps in his memory, and then in the end she would have his face.

Come on bro. You have that one quote, we have the entire point of the game.

I might even go check the Japanese to see if it's a mistranslation...

Awards
Said perfectly, gp. Now let me reinforce with the power of caps lock.

It wasn't stated that Sora's memories were a part of Xion's core prior to CoM.

Look at the term "core" man. It is something that is central to an existence, meaning Sora's memories were central to Xion's existence, before, during, and after CoM.
If your belief was true, Roxas' memories would be at her core.

Abilities, memories, development, maybe subtle traits in personality... all before Sora's influence infected the whole thing.

This still doesn't answer my question and leads me to believe you either still don't understand what Replicas are or you're reaching for whatever you can.
Abilities, development, and subtle traits in personality do not make one person a clone of another.

Memories do, but, well, we know who trumps the other in this case.
You're desperately trying to prove that Xion has Roxas' memories based literally on one word of dialogue.
Meanwhile, I have:
- Sora's memories at her core
- Dreaming of Sora as herself
- Turning INTO Sora

And yet, she didn't have any of Sora's memories at the time of her creation... she didn't even resemble Sora in the slightest. If anything, Xion was more like Roxas when she first appeared.

hahahahaha. Bro, she didn't resemble Sora OR Roxas at her creation.
If we're talking in technicalities, she looked like she normally does, just with her hood up. It's a female body modeled after Kairi.
But the implication is that she is, at that point, a genderless, blank doll. The body is pretty irrelevant there. After all, it can be exchanged for a new one.

But you already said that being like Sora is the same as being like Roxas, which why you claimed that the similarities didn't make a difference.

me said:
Because, gee, pretty sure I just talked about how all this shit is either stuff they hold in common with Sora or is entirely irrelevant (eg being friends with Axel.....)

Similarities like using light DON'T make a difference because Sora holds it in common with the both of them.
Similarities like being friends with Axel DON'T make a difference because they have nothing to do with being a Replica.

The only difference that really matters is memories, Sora's memories vs. Roxas' memories.

Xemnas still claims that Xion's development is only made possible "through Roxas".

Throw in the word "only" and hot damn, the meaning changes dramatically.
Not ONLY through Roxas, just through Roxas.

We already know another means which actually accelerated her development, the devices. This goes to show the importance of the MEMORIES of Sora that Roxas contains over Roxas himself. As long as she has a means of absorbing memories, it doesn't matter from where.

Yes... Which is irrelevant.

Uhhh... how? lol
Pretty sure that goes to show that it's not ONLY through Roxas, like I just said.

And what? Are you claiming that Vexen did pass through Riku?

Yup.

Sometimes, characters just implement unnecessary theatrics.

They aren't hamming it up like a stage drama. Of course, Kingdom Hearts characters tend to have exaggerated motions and schmaltzy speeches, but it still holds that the easiest course of action which arrives at the same results is the one best taken.

If they can take memories by mere touch, there's no reason why they shouldn't have done it in all cases.
Actually passing through the target makes far more sense because it is literally as if they are reaching in side.

No, because even if Roxas is phased out, the contents in the Organization's "Sora" could still be returned to the real Sora.

Not if she's a complete being.

So... you're saying that Roxas is already a complete being? If so, the addition of Xion would only make Roxas a complete being with additional memories.

No, I think Roxas is a case where all the ingredients are there, but the sum is less than the parts, and it has to do with the nature of his birth. He was still reborn out of nothingness, the difference is that there was a heart in the middle of it.
Xion absorbing Roxas would make her the new Sora- his body, his soul, Ven's heart, an artificial heart modeled after his, his memories, and likely two keyblades.

Also, Roxas doesn't absorb Xion, Sora does.

When Sora's memories became a part of Xion, she probably couldn't give them up without disappearing. Sora's heart rightfully owns those memories, so I'd imagine that it would have the ability to absorb them. Whether or not Xion could survive after Sora took back his memories is not important.

She wouldn't disappear since there would be more to her at that point than just memories.
And Sora wouldn't be absorbing any memories since he would stay asleep forever.

No... Xemnas didn't say that.

Xemnas: "Keeping her close to Roxas will prevent Sora from ever waking."
But, oh yes, thank you for reminding me, NAMINE also said that, you know, KH God and Expert on Memories.

In KH2, Axel was given orders to destroy Roxas if he refused to return to the Organization. As Xemnas stated, Sora was dangerous and couldn't be controlled. There was a serious risk that he would rise up and destroy the Organization (which he did). It seems, at one time, Xemnas figured it would have been better if Sora didn't wake up at all, even if the Organization no longer possess Keyblade wielding members amongst their ranks. However, when Sora did awake, they tried to make the best out of a potentially bad thing. Besides, even if Sora, Roxas, and Xion were all gone, the Organization still had Mickey... Hm... maybe that's why the Organization let him out of the Realm of Darkness.

It's never suggested that Sora would NEVER wake up without Roxas. He went to sleep without him, after all. But Xion:
But what...what if he needs those memories in order to wake up?
What if they're the key?

These memories (implied to be memories of Kairi based on CoM dialogue), are essential.
Xemnas did reason that it would be better not to have Sora wake up, but only so long as he had either Roxas or Xion.

With Xion having returned to Sora, I don't think there was ever a threat that he would NEVER wake up without Roxas, just that it would take longer. And even if there was a threat, I doubt the Organization was aware of it. The entire reason why they wanted to destroy Roxas in KH2 was not to prevent Sora's awakening, but because he was a traitor and it was clear at that point that he wasn't coming back.

Early development, first words, first memories, fighting style in terms of gameplay and limit break (within KH'Days) matching Roxas' more than Sora's... so on and so forth.

Haha, these are "meaningful."
ok buddy

(The only thing that matters is memories, and contrary to what you say, she does not have Roxas' memories, there is not even remotely any proof of that... and the evidence is because you're looking at it wrong).

Actually, Xion was addressing Roxas. Roxas reacted surprised that Xion spoke, and then Xion asked Roxas to verify that she addressed him correctly (since Roxas' confusion/surprise suggested to her that she may have addressed him incorrectly).

Why did she say his name? Because, as the next line of dialogue reveals, she wanted to know that it WAS his name. It was like an introduction.
Why the bonk am I even arguing with you on this, it's moronic to think that this suggests she has Roxas' memories.
BECAUSE SHE SAYS ROXAS.

If the transitive property is in effect, it could just as easily be suggested that Xemnas was saying how Xion was assembling a copy of Roxas.

No...
Transitive property for power? Yes. Transitive property for the person? No. They have the SAME power, that's the POINT.
Goddamn man.

There is one problem with your argument.

If Roxas' powers and accessible memories are interchangeable with Sora's powers and accessible memories...
And if you claiming that Xion has to be Sora's Replica because she absorbs Sora's powers and accessible memories...

There is no problem.
Sora and Roxas' memories are NOT INTERCHANGEABLE. They're two different sets of memories, and they're one of the only things that matters in determining who Xion is. The only reason why Xion is absorbing memories from ROXAS is because they're SORA'S MEMORIES, she is not absorbing ROXAS' MEMORIES.

As for POWER:
Both of them have connections to Sora, but we only need one of them
under our thumb. Let Xion take from Roxas the rest of what he has to give...
Or, let him destroy her first and get it all back. It makes no difference to
me. Either way, Sora's power will be ours.

Sora's power IS Roxas' power.
Because he USES SORA'S KEYBLADE, for the umpteenth time.

Honestly, we're going around in circle going... It's Roxas! It's Sora! It's Roxas! It's Sora! It's Roxas! When all the things we're pointing out can pretty much be traced back to the both of them.

No, it can't.

My argument has something yours doesn't though. A statement in the game that straightforwardly says that Xion is a Replica of Sora's Nobody. You, on the other hand, can't find anything close to such a statement. All you got are people talking about how Xion gradually develops many similarities to Sora, and I can find the same kind of statements made about Roxas. Point being, if Xion was Sora's Replica, it would have been stated somewhere, don't you think?

No, the only thing I can agree on is that you're jumping on one erroneous statement. It wouldn't be the first time something written in a KH game was wrong (eg the discrepancy in time for the takeover of Hollow Bastion).

I can't find anything close?

What the bonk is THIS?
Who is the HERO OF THE KEYBLADE? Sora! He's the only one ever referred to as that.
It's just as valid as:
"As the Nobody of the hero of the Keyblade and the Replica of that Nobody"

Just because he doesn't say SORA doesn't mean he doesn't mean SORA, because if we're being little bitches and splitting hairs like that, "Roxas' Replica" or "Replica of Roxas" is never stated either.
Except what separates ME from YOU is that I have overwhelming evidence in my favor.

If you didn't understand who Xion was by the end of the game, sorry man. But it was made to be OBVIOUS. There's a reason why it is never brought up or the term is never explicitly used.
She has Sora's memories. Replicas are made from memories. That IN ITSELF should be ENOUGH, but apparently, you're just in denial.

grass. you should really, stop wasting time on this argument. i mean, really, hes not going to get it.

You're right.
This stubbornness of mine is a terrible quality, though.

K3ybladespartan

yeah I'm gunna go with Grass cuz if Xion was Roxas' replica, why didn't she turn into roxas on the clocktower at the end? She trned into sora for a reason, and that was to become the new sora.

Xammag

I generally agree that Xion is Sora's replica, but it doesn't really matter whether you say she's Roxas's replica with Sora's memories or Sora's replica. Well, it matters, but if you get a little turned around with the whole multiple hearts thing, it doesn't make much of a difference.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The way I interpret that 'replica of that Nobody' line is basically, characters who don't know any better say "Roxas' Keyblade," right? And they're sort of right; it is his, because it is Sora's, and they share a lot of things. So perhaps Sora's replica could be called Roxas' replica, by characters (like Axel) who don't know better.

But, just as the Keyblade is originally (sort of) and rightfully Sora's, Xion the replica is originally and rightfully Sora's.

SoraKing3

Banned
popcorn_yes.gif

Damn this was an interesting read. Anyways, Grass and Goldplanner are probably right about this whole thing. A couple of quotes from Nomura himself to back up this argument. If you try to contradict these, you are a fool.

-- The "Replica Plan" that was the key to this game, was it begun with Roxas' entry into the Organization?

Nomura: No, earlier than that. Originally Vexen was working privately to advance the research on Replicas, but for the Organization's goal of completing "Kingdom Hearts of people's hearts" they needed to use the Keyblade to recover hearts, so they switched to this plan of copying the Keyblade hero. As for who was or wasn't told about the "Replica Plan", that depended only on their different missions.

So if the Replica plan started before Roxas even joined the Organization...how could they replicate somebody they never knew about?

-- Xion is in a similar position to the Riku Replica of Chain of Memories, but unlike him, she is unaware that she was artificially created, and the path she finally chooses is completely different.

Nomura: The Riku Replica was modelled on Riku. With Xion, she becomes like the Kairi of Sora's memories. But rather than saying she was initially created to imitate something, it's more like she was a special case, born primarily to absorb Roxas' powers and evolve. It was intended right from the beginning of development that Xion and Roxas would eventually fight, but we had wondered about how to depict the conflict with Xion that would lead to this. At first I came up with the plot that would go like that of the Riku Replica, where Xion would insist that she was the real person and fight with Roxas. But many of the staff were of the opinion that Xion should stay as a nice girl, so when we were changing the scenario I rewrote it into its current form.

It says nothing about her being a Replica of Roxas.

-- So at the start of the Replica Project they didn’t have plans to get rid of Roxas?

Nomura: That's right. Originally the plan was to keep their power in balance. If it had been maintained, there would have been no need to get rid of one of them. But in the end Xion began absorbing too much power, and so they no longer needed Roxas. Xemnas had nothing to do with the plan, however, and only the people below him were concerned with it. Xemnas only cared that Kingdom Hearts be completed. Originally the Castle Oblivion plan was to use both Roxas and Sora, but since that changed it would be equally convenient to wait until Sora woke up in Kingdom Hearts II and use him then.

-- The last thing that Xion asked Roxas was to “Set free Kingdom Hearts.” Was this due to Sora and Kairi’s memories?

Nomura: Yes. At Xion’s core are Sora’s memories. And so what he felt, that the world’s order should be maintained, she also felt. But Sora doesn’t know anything about the Organization’s plans yet, so strictly speaking this is not exactly Sora’s feelings. The hearts freed from Heartless must return to where they came from, but if they are captured by the Organization they will not return to the body they are supposed to, so it is the same as if the Heartless took them. And that is what we saw in Kingdom Hearts II. Xion knew this, but she didn’t have time to explain it to Roxas.

I think these quotes, along with the various bits of info posted by Grass and Goldplanner, enforce the fact that Xion is a Replica of Sora made to fully absorb Roxas if he did not comply with the Organization's plans, since Roxas was technically Sora's first "back up". Originally Xion was just supposed to be a Replica of Sora, but after Roxas joined the Organization and Sora went into that deep slumber, she was modified to absorb Roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back