• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mutagenesis: Dawn of a New Age (Sign up/OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rii

Awards
Name: Tobias (Toby) Frazier

Alias: Pyre

Alignment: Hero/Villain

Appearance: Toby is a nice height for a sixteen year old, reaching 6'2" and still growing. Pitch black hair sweeps down his forehead and just brushes his stern, deep green eyes. His complexion is clear except for the few scars every child seems to wind up with by their teen years, and his skin tone is average. He isn't the tannest person around, but he certainly isn't the palest either. Years of playing soccer and baseball gave him a good physique, and taking up football in middle school only improved upon it.

Personality: Toby has a slight case of split personality. It's not something that's evident unless you stick with him for a while, but it's definitely there. Most of the time, he's a generally happy, sarcastic, know-it-all. His intellect is exceptional, and he's pretty well liked among his peers. He's generally thought of as funny, and a lot of girls describe him as "my best gay, who's straight", though his humor and sarcasm are often used as defense mechanisms. It's generally easy to make him laugh, and generally easier to laugh when around him. Though most of his humor was lost when the end of the world came.

His other personality is the cause of his anger, and when he finds himself in his separate personality, people are shocked by things he says and does. The phrase "you won't like me when I'm angry" generally makes people laugh and think of the Hulk, but it pretty accurately describes Toby. His thoughts turn to a dark place whenever he's upset, and now that the radiation has altered his brain chemistry, he mostly won't be able to stop himself from doing whatever he thinks when angry, including murder.

Primary Power: Super (Controlled) Speed -
When the asteroids hit, and the radiation spread, his entire body was mutated, allowing him to move faster than any human being. However, with no training, he can only run about one hundred miles before he begins to slow down. What this means is that, while running across the Hudson River would be a piece of cake, he probably won't be running across the Atlantic Ocean anytime soon. Similarly, as he punches, the speed of his swings make it seem as though he punches harder than normal, but this increased force of his punches also has backlash. The pain he feels from his punches is enhanced as well.

Individual cells in his body and mind were also altered, giving him the ability to mentally tell his cells to move faster and rub together at high speeds. The resulting friction can cause him to burst into flames, similar to The Human Torch. He can throw balls of fire he conjures from his flames, or use the blasts to "fly" a short distance. However, the more of his fire he uses in each transformation, the closer to human, and less flame, he is. This means that he can blast himself the the top of tall buildings(about 20 stories max at the beginning), but he can't fly across the country. After each transformation, Toby is exhausted, and unable to transform again for a varying amount of time. Also, he has the ability to only heat up parts of his body, a hand, for instance, to do things like start fires. However, once the fire is no longer apart of his body, he has no control over it.

Secondary Power: Enhanced Heat and Flame Resistance
Because the cells in Toby's body have been altered to the point of bursting into flame at will, they've developed an unnatural resistance to hear and fire. When the radiation first reached his cells, they began to encase themselves in a flame retardant covering. The cells are basically in a cocoon of heat resistance, but his skin still looks and feels the same as a normal human being's.

The downside is, the covering isn't fire proof. If Toby stays in his transformation for too long, or if he gets too hot, the covering will melt, and his skin will be exposed to the flame or heat, and while the casing has the power to grow back, this will initially take a few days at a time(though the time gap will shrink and the covering will become more resistant as he hones his skills.)

Weapons: Anything he can find to use, as well as his fists.

History: Tobias Frazier was born and raised in Oklahoma. Before the blast hit, he was a more or less average kid leaving his Freshman year of high school. He was incredibly bright, his intelligence matching that of even college students, but he had made the decision to take school one grade at a time, as he determined it was easier making friends with people his own age. Toby wasn't the most popular kid at his school, but he was definitely the most well known. Everybody liked him, though some pretended not to. He was funny, tall, athletic, hardly anything not to like about him. He had some problems, ADD and some anger management issues, but what high schooler didn't have some kind of mental trauma?

When the blast hit, everything changed. He got sick almost immediately, coughing and throwing up all the time, and then he passed out just days after the last asteroid struck. When he came to, he was in one of the last hospitals still operating in Oklahoma. Nobody was in his room, so he wasn't sure what was happening to him. He called out for a nurse, but nobody came. He looked down, and realized that he was just there, he wasn't hooked up to anything, so he got out of his bed and stumbled out of the nearly empty hospital. What doctors and nurses he saw had no objection to him leaving. He realized that he was in Tulsa, at the hospital just down the street from his house. He walked home, barefoot in a paper gown, and found his house locked. He climbed up to the second story, and opened the window to his sister's room(she always left it unlocked in case somebody needed to get in the house and didn't have a key.) He took a long shower, slowly remembering everything from before he passed out, and put on fresh clothes. The boy went into the living room, to find his mother dead on the couch. He knew she was dead from the stench that filled the room, and the way her face was sunken in. His dad and his older sister were nowhere to be seen. He went into the kitchen, and found everything they had on their refrigerator was gone, and a single folded piece of paper was there instead. It told Toby that his father and sister had left Tulsa and driven to Joplin, where Toby's uncle lived, and if he made it out of the hospital, he was to meet his family there. And that's when he realized how fast he could run. He ran the first 100 miles in about twenty minutes, then he began slowing down, and made it the last 13 in about the same amount of time.

He found his way to his Uncle's house, and has been living with his family for the last two months. He learned of CORE and developed a hatred for them. He told his family about his speed, and his sister revealed that she could fly(or, at the time, hover). Their father and uncle both agreed that it was best that the kids keep their powers to themselves. And so Toby's family has lived quietly, under the radar that was CORE.

Notes: I intend for Toby to discover his pyro-type powers towards the beginning of the story, and for his sister to die soon. Also, if you dislike his sister having the ability to fly,I can cut that out, if you so choose. And before I write up his Secondary Power I wanted to check with you that it was cool that the fire thing was part of his Primary. It can be his Secondary, if you would prefer that. Lastly, I'm going to explain why I chose Hero/Villain as his alignment when I write up his personality.

Last edited:

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I like him, I like all that you put into his personality. Very despicable, he will make a good villain :) I'd just request that you add more to his super strength, like what exactly his limits are. Being that it's super, they can be a little ridiculous, but I just want a set point for him so everyone else knows.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Keep working on him, he looks like he'll be a thriller ;)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I really like the character you've made, I'm excited for you to share with me his secrets and whatnot. The sister is okay to fly too, is she someone you'll be playing or just a background character? I appreciate you checking with me. As far as his primary power, I'd say that his ability to catch fire is fine to accompany the speed as it is a consequence of his fast moving molecules. However, his ability to control that fire and being able to resist burning to death should be his secondary. A type of minute pyrokinesis, allowing him to manage the fire his body generates as a result of the speed and prevent himself from burning. Does that sound okay?

These look good guys, keep up the nice work and finish up those templates! I'll add you all to the roster soon.

Rii

Awards
I really like the character you've made, I'm excited for you to share with me his secrets and whatnot. The sister is okay to fly too, is she someone you'll be playing or just a background character? I appreciate you checking with me. As far as his primary power, I'd say that his ability to catch fire is fine to accompany the speed as it is a consequence of his fast moving molecules. However, his ability to control that fire and being able to resist burning to death should be his secondary. A type of minute pyrokinesis, allowing him to manage the fire his body generates as a result of the speed and prevent himself from burning. Does that sound okay?

Thanks! No, I won't be playing the sister, she's kind of like the Sirius Black to Toby's Harry Potter. She's just there to get the ball rolling in Toby's story before he interacts with the rest of the Supers. Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking actually. I'll write that up and finish his personality and have my original post edited sometime later today.

Rii

Awards
Sorry it took so long to get my personality up, describing a person's personality is one of my weak points, so I don't really think it's exceptional. But my template's done now, unless there's something you want me to improve on. =)

Xane_Moreau

I offer up the souls of all those who have fallen prey to the vicious, man eating hamsters of west Texas.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Artemis

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*dies*

It's okay, I understand, but I'm sorry to see you and your amazing character go. Best of luck in the real world :) And if this ever gets off the ground, you're always welcome back.

Artemis

Well, based on the current activity of this thread, it might not start for just that long. There's lots of unfinished temps still and some more villains that need to join, so you might luck out should that be the case.

Also, Xane_Moreau, I'm liking what I see so far, keep up the good work on your character!

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Got back from three weeks overseas and am resuming university, sorry for the delays. I'll try and get everything together soon.

arcticfox8

I (finally) updated Jackal's temp. He now has a history. Not all of it but some of it. I plan to clean it all up once everything is down.

Artemis

Finally finished my temp. Looking forward to this RP.

Very nice, I was wondering when some electrically based powers would come into play. I don't think he should be able to regenerate limbs, that's a bit much, but I'd say that he would be able to recover from such an injury faster and heal better than a non super. And, if the limb was somehow reattached, he'd probably be able to use it again after a period of intensive healing.

I'll add you to the roster!

Got back from three weeks overseas and am resuming university, sorry for the delays. I'll try and get everything together soon.

Take your time :) I hope you had a lovely trip and welcome back!

I (finally) updated Jackal's temp. He now has a history. Not all of it but some of it. I plan to clean it all up once everything is down.

I like your idea of Broken Cities, that was a really cool addition to your story! Keep working!

Xane_Moreau

Very nice, I was wondering when some electrically based powers would come into play. I don't think he should be able to regenerate limbs, that's a bit much, but I'd say that he would be able to recover from such an injury faster and heal better than a non super. And, if the limb was somehow reattached, he'd probably be able to use it again after a period of intensive healing.

I'll add you to the roster!

Thanks. I removed limb regeneration. I can't wait for it to start.

Artemis

So are people still on board for this? I'd hate to see everyone's lovely characters fall through :/ I'm going to be packing up to go back to college soon so my schedule will become a little more busy, but I still really want to see this through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back