• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mutagenesis: Dawn of a New Age (Sign up/OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
Kamai looks good! I'll update the character list with her completed.

The effects of the radiation and how it exactly mutates genes and why some people are super and some are feral will all be explained pretty soon within the RP. Genetics, man. It's cray.

stripes

Time Is A Mysterious Thing
Name: Allison Cythe AKA “B”

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Appearance: Picture Allison stands at 5’9 with brown eyes with a brown complexion. She normally wears black hammer sweat pants a tight fitting shirt and a yellow leather jacket.

Her hair is always in a ponytail; she rarely ever lets it down. She has a tattoo under her arm of a half moon and a nose piercing.

Personality: Allison is a loner. She is logical in her thinking and always takes the road that benefits her. It is hard for her to become passionate for anything but it is not impossible. When she finds something worth fighting for, she does. She is trustworthy but only to a select few; she does not trust many, especially anyone who aligns themselves with Core. She is not a born leader, but was forced into the situation; she is very trusted by her gang and also feared. She is ruthless and goes to great measure to take care of someone if needs be. Though she is a ruthless leader, she takes care of the people that trust her. She does not take well to traitors or anyone that cause harm to her gang. She can seem cold to anyone that she does not know and often heartless to the citizens, but she does not care to bother with people due to her past.

Primary Power: Telekinesis
She has the ability to manipulate and move objects with her mind. She quickly went from controlling small objects around her to controlling Telekinetic Compression and Object Manipulation. She is still able to have the ability to movie objects but she has become more skilled in these. Though her telekinesis is advanced and she is constantly practicing, she still suffers from chronic fatigue and is not able to exert herself without experiencing severe headaches and risk blacking out. If she ever has a severe headache while using her powers, she loses control-causing items to move without her controlling and her telekinetic compression to run haywire.

Secondary Power: Enhanced Combat
She is unbelievably skilled in most known forms of fighting. She is advanced with martial arts and boxing. Along with being skilled in forms of fighting she is also superhumanly skilled in her weaponry. Her choice of weapon is a Glaive that she pilfered from an antique weapon shop. Though she is remarkably skilled, due to her condition of chronic fatigue risks her blacking out and having severe headaches

History: Allison was the second child out of four. Her mother and father were not wealthy but that were middle class income family who took care of their children. Allison was born and raised in the outskirts of Texas.

During her high school days she was kept under the care of her older brother Carey. They were only a year apart and many thought they were twins; they were very close. Allison went out of her way to always impress her brother in anything she did, whether it is her grades or her sports.

Allison was born in the middle of west Texas. She was the second child for her parents and was raised in a middle class income home where she was raised to value the hard work that went into providing for the family.

She had an older brother named Kasin, He was her best friend and through thick and thin they were always there for each other. Kasin taught Allison everything she knew about defending herself all the way to reading. He was an amazing older brother who she always looked up to.
When the Mutagensis came, she and her mother were at the grocery store. She remembers talking to her mother specifically about finding someone in college. The next thing she knew her mother was screaming for her to run. As her and her mother went back to their home, neither her father nor brother was there. Allison had to watch alone as the plaque that swiped the nation, took away her mother. Soon after her mother’s death, Allison began to realize she was on her own and she was also experiencing a change in her body.

She realized that she had the ability to move objects, but due to her lack of control it was straining on her body causing her to have chronic fatigue. Time had passed that she was left alone, waiting for her brother and father to return; neither one of them cam and eventually she had to leave her home and tried to find a place for food and shelter. As she traveled to the cities she realized CORE were searching for people with her abilities.

In quest to stay hidden, she would hide out in the old abandon buildings in the cities, defending herself from the horribly mutated people. That is where her and her brother found each other. Just like Allison, Kasin experienced a change, but though Allison had been lucky enough to escape CORE, her brother was not. Kasin would tell her stories about how him and his gang were taken and experimented on and how they escaped. She watched as her brother had nightmares and feared for his life and the gang of people he swore to protect.

Though he swore to protect them, he couldn’t. Allison watch as CORE operatives gunned down her brother and took his body. She wanted to scream out for him, but she couldn’t, in risk of being caught. In the absence of her brother the gang appointed Allison as their leader, and though she knew she could never fill his shoes she took on the role.
After watching the death of her brother and many members of his gang die, Allison quickly assumed the role of a b***h . She didn’t take anything from anybody and though she swore to her brother that she would take care of the people he cared about, she also had to take care of herself.

Extras: Allison is a complicated villain. She honor’s her promise to her brother to take care of his gang and protect them, but she also follows her own beat. She is not afraid to kill anybody that stands in her way and she will send you out into the wild if she does not know you. Some people say that she has no feelings, but she just does not choose to care about people if she doesn’t.

Argenteus

Name: Allison Cythe AKA “B”

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Appearance: Picture Allison stands at 5’9 with brown eyes with a brown complexion. She normally wears black hammer sweat pants a tight fitting shirt and a yellow leather jacket.

Her hair is always in a ponytail; she rarely ever lets it down. She has a tattoo under her arm of a half moon and a nose piercing.

Personality: Allison is a loner. She is logical in her thinking and always takes the road that benefits her. It is hard for her to become passionate for anything but it is not impossible. When she finds something worth fighting for, she does. She is trustworthy but only to a select few; she does not trust many, especially anyone who aligns themselves with Core. She is not a born leader, but was forced into the situation; she is very trusted by her gang and also feared. She is ruthless and goes to great measure to take care of someone if needs be. Though she is a ruthless leader, she takes care of the people that trust her. She does not take well to traitors or anyone that cause harm to her gang. She can seem cold to anyone that she does not know and often heartless to the citizens, but she does not care to bother with people due to her past.

Primary Power: Telekinesis
She has the ability to manipulate and move objects with her mind. She quickly went from controlling small objects around her to controlling Telekinetic Compression and Object Manipulation. She is still able to have the ability to movie objects but she has become more skilled in these. Though her telekinesis is advanced and she is constantly practicing, she still suffers from chronic fatigue and is not able to exert herself without experiencing severe headaches and risk blacking out. If she ever has a severe headache while using her powers, she loses control-causing items to move without her controlling and her telekinetic compression to run haywire.

Secondary Power: Enhanced Combat
She is unbelievably skilled in most known forms of fighting. She is advanced with martial arts and boxing. Along with being skilled in forms of fighting she is also superhumanly skilled in her weaponry. Her choice of weapon is a Glaive that she pilfered from an antique weapon shop. Though she is remarkably skilled, due to her condition of chronic fatigue risks her blacking out and having severe headaches

History: Allison was the second child out of four. Her mother and father were not wealthy but that were middle class income family who took care of their children. Allison was born and raised in the outskirts of Texas.

During her high school days she was kept under the care of her older brother Carey. They were only a year apart and many thought they were twins; they were very close. Allison went out of her way to always impress her brother in anything she did, whether it is her grades or her sports.

Allison was born in the middle of west Texas. She was the second child for her parents and was raised in a middle class income home where she was raised to value the hard work that went into providing for the family.

She had an older brother named Kasin, He was her best friend and through thick and thin they were always there for each other. Kasin taught Allison everything she knew about defending herself all the way to reading. He was an amazing older brother who she always looked up to.
When the Mutagensis came, she and her mother were at the grocery store. She remembers talking to her mother specifically about finding someone in college. The next thing she knew her mother was screaming for her to run. As her and her mother went back to their home, neither her father nor brother was there. Allison had to watch alone as the plaque that swiped the nation, took away her mother. Soon after her mother’s death, Allison began to realize she was on her own and she was also experiencing a change in her body.

She realized that she had the ability to move objects, but due to her lack of control it was straining on her body causing her to have chronic fatigue. Time had passed that she was left alone, waiting for her brother and father to return; neither one of them cam and eventually she had to leave her home and tried to find a place for food and shelter. As she traveled to the cities she realized CORE were searching for people with her abilities.

In quest to stay hidden, she would hide out in the old abandon buildings in the cities, defending herself from the horribly mutated people. That is where her and her brother found each other. Just like Allison, Kasin experienced a change, but though Allison had been lucky enough to escape CORE, her brother was not. Kasin would tell her stories about how him and his gang were taken and experimented on and how they escaped. She watched as her brother had nightmares and feared for his life and the gang of people he swore to protect.

Though he swore to protect them, he couldn’t. Allison watch as CORE operatives gunned down her brother and took his body. She wanted to scream out for him, but she couldn’t, in risk of being caught. In the absence of her brother the gang appointed Allison as their leader, and though she knew she could never fill his shoes she took on the role.
After watching the death of her brother and many members of his gang die, Allison quickly assumed the role of a b***h . She didn’t take anything from anybody and though she swore to her brother that she would take care of the people he cared about, she also had to take care of herself.

Extras: Allison is a complicated villain. She honor’s her promise to her brother to take care of his gang and protect them, but she also follows her own beat. She is not afraid to kill anybody that stands in her way and she will send you out into the wild if she does not know you. Some people say that she has no feelings, but she just does not choose to care about people if she doesn’t.

Umm, my primary power can do everything yours can and more. I'd advise you change it, pretty much everyone else's character is more powerful. Obviously can't and don't want to force you, but I really would advise it.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Umm, my primary power can do everything yours can and more. I'd advise you change it, pretty much everyone else's character is more powerful. Obviously can't and don't want to force you, but I really would advise it.

What's your point, Arg? Because you can preform telekinesis with your obvious power to do nearly anything (or grow to that level) that she should change her ability? That's like saying there might as well be no Batman cause Superman is around. To be honest, I doubt your could allow you to delve just as deep as she can in telekinetics. Understandably though her being weaker then most doesn't mean she should change. It is called development and growth. Also..she isn't the weakest. I am. Strip away Asura's gadgets and you have just a man....arguably a man that can take down a room of fully armed criminals. Also I'm probably the only person here who can't stop bullets with my mind or throw cars.

Argenteus

What's your point, Arg? Because you can preform telekinesis with your obvious power to do nearly anything (or grow to that level) that she should change her ability? That's like saying there might as well be no Batman cause Superman is around. To be honest, I doubt your could allow you to delve just as deep as she can in telekinetics. Understandably though her being weaker then most doesn't mean she should change. It is called development and growth. Also..she isn't the weakest. I am. Strip away Asura's gadgets and you have just a man....arguably a man that can take down a room of fully armed criminals. Also I'm probably the only person here who can't stop bullets with my mind or throw cars.

No need to get so hostile. I'm certain your character could take down hers pretty quickly. All I was doing was offering advice - she's gonna be pretty underpowered in this RP, even in comparison to you.

Artemis

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nothing wrong with good, ol telekinesis. So it looks like object manipulation is the key here, is she proficient in the other aspects of telekinesis or just this and compression, as you mentioned? I'd like if you could add a little more to how her powers work; is she manipulating the energy within the object or the individual molecules of the whole thing? Where does the energy go? What's the most she can lift or the farthest she can toss something? Can she do multiple objects at once? Can this energy manipulation, if that's what you're going with, be transmitted into force fields or the like? I think it'd be cool if she was able to hover by manipulating the air molecules around her or something, but that's just a suggestion. Sorry if this looks like a lot, but they are just guiding questions.

She looks good though! I like that she is a gang leader, she's got some power in numbers behind her. Another question I had was with her background. I'm assuming Kasin is really her older brother, was Carey just a typo?

No need to get so hostile. I'm certain your character could take down hers pretty quickly. All I was doing was offering advice - she's gonna be pretty underpowered in this RP, even in comparison to you.

If she wants telekinesis, I have no problem with it. While she may be at a disadvantage because there will be several characters with various forms of energy manipulation, she can develop her powers to work in a different way if she chooses (which is advisable, of course). She should be able to develop more depth to her telekinesis, as King said, since she is focusing on that sole aspect of manipulation.

I haven't accepted the temp yet because I want some more explanations and expansions of her powers. I'm sure stripes will be able to make up for the fact somehow or another, but let's wait and see how Allison changes first. If there's still a gross unbalance of power, I'll think of a solution.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The only thing I'm missing is history and links to his clothing. Once I get my writing groove completely back I'll see if i can make his personality and appearance more distinctive, original, and detailed. Let me know how the powers are, I kinda went all out (sort of) so let me know if I need to reel it in.

Argenteus

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The only thing I'm missing is history and links to his clothing. Once I get my writing groove completely back I'll see if i can make his personality and appearance more distinctive, original, and detailed. Let me know how the powers are, I kinda went all out (sort of) so let me know if I need to reel it in.

Honestly, I really like the guy's primary power. Quite unique and distinctive. His secondary seems excessive to me, but that's not for me to decide.

Last edited:

Artemis

I'm sorry I haven't finished the history section of my template. I'm just in a large writer's block right now.

It's all good, I'm not in a terrible hurry. I want people's characters the best they can make them, so if that takes time that's fine. We still need a lot more people so you're fine to take a while. Also, D&D notes, I'm almost done, I've just been busy because I ended my huge story arc and am finally done DMing until fall.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I like him, a lot. I really respect all the effort you put into the character and his powers. So he absolutely will not crystallize blood or water or other fluids in other humans because of morality? Just wanted to be sure, that's a good handicap to have for him. He's fucking awesome. Flesh him out whenever you can, like I said with King Naruto you can take your time.

I think everything looks golden so far. I would appreciate if you were able to add more to your secondary power, just how much can he take before he would die. He's cool to be thrown through things without dying, but I'd say the max he could jump from without accruing serious injury would be three or four stories, maybe a max of five.

I also like the pokemon relation there ^^

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
awww why thank youuu :] It was a lot of fun making him. I appreciate his feedback xD And no he will not crystalize other humans fluids due to his morality. He finds that kinda sadistic and i want him to start off a good guy. Yeahhh the secondary does need more expansion, i was kinda thinking like how Cole's condition is enhanced in inFamous for that one. But yeah I'll get to it, I like you guidelines and more than likely will include them.

Expect it to be finished soon, preferably I can finish it before the week is out :]

Artemis

Start off as a good guy, eh? So he could be shifting later... *evil cackles*

I love inFamous too. I can't wait to see the finished product!

arcticfox8

I liek superheroes.

I'm working on something for this because superheroes are coolio.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Artemis, what's your policy on multiple characters? I think I asked this already, but just in case. Villains are outnumbered. They need more love.....But they gotta pay. XD

I love inFAMOUS so much. I can only imagine what Second Son's gonna be like. Apparently, The new MC has some of Nix's powers, like turning into smoke and stuff. A bit Prototype-y, but that's just me.

Artemis

I liek superheroes.

I'm working on something for this because superheroes are coolio.

Excellent! They are coolio, we are def in need of more people :)

Artemis, what's your policy on multiple characters? I think I asked this already, but just in case. Villains are outnumbered. They need more love.....But they gotta pay. XD

I love inFAMOUS so much. I can only imagine what Second Son's gonna be like. Apparently, The new MC has some of Nix's powers, like turning into smoke and stuff. A bit Prototype-y, but that's just me.

I don't really have a character limit, but I'd say two is probably good unless you have the most intense burning desire to make a third. It's just more responsibility. Another villain would be excellent though, we really need more!

I'm so excited for Second Son too. What I've seen so far gets me stoked, but I really haven't delved too deeply into all the information on it yet.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Excellent! They are coolio, we are def in need of more people :)

I don't really have a character limit, but I'd say two is probably good unless you have the most intense burning desire to make a third. It's just more responsibility. Another villain would be excellent though, we really need more!

I'm so excited for Second Son too. What I've seen so far gets me stoked, but I really haven't delved too deeply into all the information on it yet.

Ok, I think I'll make a villain temp. then. For all the Evulz. XD

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net

I offer up the souls of the people who keep offering up souls.

Name: Discarded his name ages ago, only goes by his A.K.A., Mode.

Alignment: Neutral Evil or Chaotic Neutral. Interpret as you will.

Appearance: http://oi40.tinypic.com/20nytw.jpg

Personality: Mode is the embodiment of "Schadenfreude." He gains pleasure from the suffering of others. He does not discriminate his targets nor does he single any of them out. The entire world is one massive enemy that should, and can, be wiped out. This evil manifests itself in battle. He will degrade the opponent, over-use killing techniques, and strike any when they are down.

Philosophically, Mode takes the idea of "Natural Selection" to heart. The strong devour the weak. To him, compassion is useless sentiment that degrades the human psyche. Only through trial and hardship can a sentient being develop and evolve to stave off degradation.

He sees Supers as a superior race. He uses derogatory terms (self-made) for non-Supers, such as "normies" and "Homo Inferior." While he isn't a "conquer the world" type, he is more than willing to follow (or at least hasten) humanity's downfall. This has resulted in a slight respect for the Afflicted.

Despite his villainous approach to the world, he has a warped code of honor. He cannot be bribed or set up to betray another employer. Any who betray him are retaliated against. He also has brief bouts of clarity in which he displays rather soft emotions. While he won't exactly be the type to hold your hand for the loss of a loved one, he will show minor sympathy for those under his banner. (If he ever ends up with anyone joining him) This doesn't make him any less of a sadist, though it shows he isn't emotionally inept. Scientists theorize that he may suffer from mental instability, (potentially Schizophrenia) which explains these sudden bouts of vulnerability.

His weakness is his mindset. His urge to make others suffer make him Public Enemy #1 to pretty much anyone who doesn't think as he does. Needless to say, this doesn't make him many friends.

Primary Power: Super Strength
Mode has immense physical strength stemming from experiments performed on him, as well as the radiation released from the Blast. During his tenure, the drugs he had been given (See his History) granted him brief bouts of enhanced strength. However, The Blast's radiation has combined with what little side-effects of the drug had remained. This has completely re-written his DNA sequences, allowing his body to output extraordinary amounts of strength and exert mass amounts of energy.

The limits to his strength end at skyscrapers and buildings. While he can lift cars and tanks with no effort, larger structures such as skyscrapers are beyond his weight limit. A tactic he loves is demolishing a massive structure to the size of his weight limit, all the while the debris blinding the enemy.

As a side-effect of his abilities, he exerts much more energy than most people. This makes prolonged skirmishes a no-go. He is also extremely vulnerable to fatigue and exhaustion.

Secondary Power:
Predatory Instincts

Mode possesses an intense biological knowledge of hunting, tracking, and predicting the moves of his enemies. This is implied to be a mixture of biological and external factors. As such, he hunts for his food, and uses these skills to take down more logical opponents and minor Afflicted.

Army Training

Being a former soldier, Mode is well-versed in basic evasion and take-down tactics, as well as Ju-Jitsu grappling and boxing.

Weapons: Mode uses his fists in battle, covered with spiked gloves. When weaponizing is necessary, he will usually use objects, or even people within the immediate vicinity.

History: Mode was formerly a member of the United States Army. He was notorious for his tendency to switch from a calm demeanor to a dark, sadistic persona. This made his squad tense whenever interrogations were necessary, because seven times out of ten, he would end up killing the enemy, rather than doing his job. This earned him the nickname "Mode." (As in switching between "modes" of personality, if you will) After a year of the carnage, he was dishonorably discharged and barred from ever applying again.

However, the Secret Service took interest in Mode and asked him to volunteer for an experimental drug in exchange for amnesty for his past mis-deeds. The experiment was a success.....Too much of a success. Mode began to become belligerent. The strength gained from the drug contributed to his ego. Scientists began to go "missing," and what should've been basic tests turned into ordeals. The drug required constant surveillance to analyze, and this eventually led to him being incarcerated within the facility, for fear of what public exposure, much less conventional combat use, would entail. Mode was locked up within a special tube, and all doses and physical instances of the drug were disposed of.

Then the blast hit.

The bunker used by the Service was protected from the physical effects of the blast, but the radiation quickly seeped in. As time marched on, the scientists were prevented from leaving the project. The radiation mounted and built up within the facility. The team was wiped out or infected. The protections of the facility rotted with time and less man-power. The radiation even made it into Mode's tube. The radiation entered Mode's body through wires and holes within the containment tube. It began re-writing DNA sequences and changing biological prowess. His entire body was melded into something superior. After a year of imprisonment, Mode broke out of the facility.

Mode clawed his way through scientist, Afflicted, and soldier, all for the sake of freedom. As he open the doors to the world after the longest time, it all dawned on him. The blast was a catalyst. An omen. Humanity was finished. If the blast made him into what he was, who knows what it did to others? Humanity's time was over.

There was a new food chain.

Extras: N/A

Last edited:

arcticfox8

I offer the soul of the Pharaoh Atem, because spoiler alert.

Name: Michael Jackson(not that one) AKA, Jackal

Alignment: Unaligned

Appearance: He's covered from head to toe in clothing because the virus covered his body in weird scars. He wears black converse, the bottom part of an orange prison uniform, a gray shirt, a green hoodie, black gloves, and a jack-o'-lantern mask.

Personality: At first glance he seems carefree, but he's actually very disturbed. Ever since the mutagenesis outbreak his life hasn't been the same. He has his morals about killing and all that but he realizes he has to sometimes if he wants to help take down CORE. He is still a child and that limits him, but also inspires him to do better.

Primary Power:

Secondary Power:

Weapons:

History: He was born into a simple family. He was an only child, born to a policeman and a female nurse. He lived in what could be considered the outer "ghetto" of a large city. But him and his family volunteered at the orphanage inside the city and made friends with them, kinda becoming like family. They would've adopted but they couldn't support them all on their pay. Then the asteroids hit. The virus spread. It hit the city hard. Anything on the outside of the city was shut off to the inside, in an attempt to keep the virus spreading, leaving his family safe but his extended family on the other side. Nobody remembers the name of this city, but its one of the many cities now known as Broken Cities. They're divided into poverty struck ghettos, sometimes a nice place with mansions and high living costs, but there's always the section filled with zombies, starving and struggling survivors, and the occasional super that is usually shot down if they get to the border. Since his dad was one of the few policeman left CORE took him in as an agent. His mom worked to find a cure since there were so few people left with medical knowledge left. One day when studying some infected one broke loose and went on a rampage. Many were killed, including Jackal's mom. He's been traumatized since, but not as bad as his dad. They blame CORE for forcing her to work around those monsters, even though they know she'd say she was happy to do it after she came home exhausted every night from work. There was no funeral, they couldn't afford it. The only reason they knew it was her body was because she was wearing her wedding ring. Her body was unrecognizable. You can imagine the thoughts going through Jackal's head when he gets the virus. He was afraid he would turn and do the same thing to his dad. His dad didn't turn him in to CORE because he wanted his son's last moments to be with his dad, not being poked and prodded by scientists. And at least that way if he came out of it as a super he would be allowed to live. He worked there he knew CORE's processes.

Extras:

I'll finish this up later because I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back