• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music won't come out. >.>

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
Yeah, I'm a newb to winamp. I played a video earlier today, and now I want to listen to music, but the sound will not come out.

The speakers are hooked up properly and they work, because when I turn them up, I get the usual loud 'shchcshsh' sound. xD I basically came to the conslusion that it's winamp causing the problem.

So, if you use winamp, and now how to fix this, please respond with some helpful facts, kthx.

<3

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
The volume of the player is turned up, right?

You may need a specific audio codec, but I imagine you'd receive an error message if you did.

Have you tried playing the music in another media player? I mean, it's just a media player, even if you're hellbent on using it, you just may have to give in.

The Midnighter

Tech Geek
Awards
To start, just because you hear a loud "SCHSCHSCH" sound, doesn't mean they're plugged in properly.

Secondly, give me more details. Does your computer play sounds when you're playing videos? (Try that one you used earlier again, tell me if it works)
If sound comes out, then chances are it's a codec problem, download something called "FFDShow" It'll be the first sourceforge link when you search for it on google.ca

If that doesn't work, use Windows Media player and tell me if sound comes out of that with the same song / video.
If that doesn't work, try a different song.
If that doesn't work, you definatly don't have your speakers turned on / up / installed properly ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back