• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Music is failing me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

k.h.master41

Or maybe I'm failing music idk lol.
You see, i just got a Zune [ipod superior] like 2 months ago for my Jr.High graduation.
I LOVE MUSIC TO DEATH.
Music keeps me & alot of other people Sane.
Blah, blah, blah, point is I NEED MY MUSIC! but lately, it's not doing me much good.
You see, I want to be some1 that helps people when they're down, but I couldn't be a surgeon [don't think i can spell it] or a teacher, i just don't have passion for it.
So I figured; music is my life, I want to be an artist. So I'm sticking to that. My music will be inspirational, raw, powerful, and deep. btw Mary J Blige [not gay] is an influence.
But the music has lost it's flare recently. My favorite songs in the world are on my Zune [128 of them in 2 months], & i don't even feel like singing along, & trust me, singing has brought me through some stuff, mostly cuz i'm either good, or i critisize myself till it's right.
Where'd my fav. artists' music go? Where's the spark?
Also, I'm a bit of a writer [if u haven't figured I'm a unique & creative person.] I can't draw, but I could write. But nothing pushes me enough. As an aspiring musician, shouldn't I be able to motivate myself to write down my lyrics that nvr become songs? Why can't I ever push myself to write the stories I think up? And i guess i'm a poet, I wrote a little bit last year & made a girl cry, but that was a time in my life I'm not getting into. Now I can't write a quick poem.
I also had a journal, but it was on an old computer i nvr used, so I trashed the computer.
I need my music to flow through/with me.
I need inspiration & motivation.
I need feedback & advice please.

*btw sry for my lazy typing style but I should be asleep, I need to get up early tomorrow.*

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Listen to something new.
This.
If music is a source of inspiration, then get some new inspiration.

Also, I don't think you should be worrying yourself too much, you're just going through a bit of a creative slump. You'll get over it soon enough.

Trag

Bronze Member
You're 18 and you just graduated from Jr High?
Just listen to something new.

k.h.master41

This.
If music is a source of inspiration, then get some new inspiration.

Also, I don't think you should be worrying yourself too much, you're just going through a bit of a creative slump. You'll get over it soon enough.

btw I'm 14 actually.
anyway, I've tried new music, but it all ends up being old news too fast. & i'm actually like this alot, so it's not just a slump.

Trag

Bronze Member
Start tapping your fingers and making your own music. It's all about the song in your head.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Music hasn't failed you. You've failed music.

So, uh, I'm gonna copypaste my 'favorite music' thing from Facebook. Look over some of that stuff, I guaruntee you'll probably find at least one band that'll reignite your passion. Or whatever.

Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, No Age, Health, Grizzly Bear, Animal Collective, Portishead, Clinic, Nine Inch Nails, Neutral Milk Hotel, My Bloody Valentine, Mastodon, The National, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Pillows, Pixies, Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, The Shins, Sigur Ros, Silverchair, Smashing Pumpkins, Talking Heads, Tokyo Police Club, Vampire Weekend, Violent Femmes, Wolf Parade, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Beck, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Cold War Kids, David Bowie, Death Cab for Cutie, Coldplay, Deerhunter, Death From Above 1979, DJ Shadow, The Dodos, Gorillaz, Blur, Hercules and Love Affair, The Hold Steady, Muse, Holy ****, Interpol, M.I.A., Iron & Wine, Justice, Liars, Sonic Youth, Flight of the Conchords, Social D, Arctic Monkeys, Flogging Molly, The Beatles, U2, Crystal Castles, The Essex Green, The Apples in Stereo, Fleet Foxes, Green Day, Maximum the Hormone, Cut Copy, The Postal Service, Grinderman, Thom Yorke, My Morning Jacket, Cat Empire, Aquabats, PIXIES, Crystal Antlers, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Dinosaur Jr.

GO GO GO

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
I feel like that with music all the time. That's when I look for new music. Some of my favorite songs last year are ones I think are annoying THIS year. And I know how you feel with the music thing. I can't write without music. I'm listening to "I don't wanna know" by New Found Glory by the way :D. Check them out. They're a good band. And that's interesing. Normally writers are great, or at least decent artists :D. I bet all you need is practice. But anyway. Everyone else gave great advice. Listen to it.

k.h.master41

thx, again.
I actually got PO'ed becuz my cousin's told me Ne-yo was gay. He's like my fav. male artist & an idol, & if he's gay, he's writing is mostly fake, all he really sings about is girls. His writing is great, but if it's fake...
anyway I actually wrote a song in about 15 minutes, my creativenessis breaking through. Thanks for helping every1.
btw 150 songs on my zune in about a month now, & i know most of the songs word-for-word.

U

Ultima Sacrifice

Find something new. Try listening to a new genre or something. Music never fails anybody, trust me.

k.h.master41

Ne-yo isn't gay!!
ok sweet. =]
but he likes the rumors, it spreads his name.
& yea, Coldplay is an inspiration right now, i love Violet Hill, & I like OneRepublic pretty well too. But it would take 4ever to name all my artists so... yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back