• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music in Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which Version of 'Dearly Beloved' is your favourite?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Votes: 64 26.4%
  • Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Re-Coded

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 26 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
So yeah, people talk all the time of the intricacies of the story, the cosmological/metaphysical quirks, the gameplay and the characters of the Kingdom Hearts series. But I think something that honestly goes under-appreciated is the brilliant work put into the entire series by Yoko Shimomura on one of the most important parts of the game's presentation: Music. In most cases, it can make or break a scene, always help to set the mood, and in some cases even define a game. Having composed in all the games thus far, Yoko Shimomura is one of those single people rather than a team identifiable for a particular part of the game, like Tetsuya Nomura is the character designer for many of the modern Square-Enix games. Aside from Nomura, the very second most identifiable person on the Kingdom Hearts team - to me - is Yoko, and maybe it's the apathy of the gamers or their preference for more questionable-in-quality music, but I don't think she gets mentioned enough. So, here we give her her own thread.

Commence any and all discussion of Kingdom Hearts music.

Throw in your two cents, a small list of favourites, anything and everything, within reason, of course.

Having considered Yoko's role in the Kingdom Hearts games, I wonder to myself what and how things might have been different if someone like Nobuo Uematsu was instead the head composer of the series? I can't exactly say he'll maintain what I believe to be a 'serious' side to his music if he were to compose the Kingdom Hearts series, but I feel Yoko's given the game a sound and rhythm that both reflects the situation at hand while also being a fluid and typically enjoyable thing to hear.

Discuss the music of Kingdom Heart in this thread, be it the already-established works of Yoko Shimomura and Utada Hikaru, soon-to-release soundtracks, or possible alternate artists for the soundtrack or main themes.

All discussion of music in relation to Kingdom Hearts belongs in this thread, as will most Shimomura and Hikaru topics. If your thread about KH music or artists for KH disappears, it's probably been moved into this thread.

Last edited:

Absent axel

Re: A Kingdom Hearts music discussion thread, anyone?

Graceful assassin ftw! 1st place in fave songs. The 13th dilemma 2nd and the other promise 3rd. I could go on.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian

So much of the original music in KH is awesome, I can't even put into words how awesome Yoko Shimomura is. KHII was the first game soundtrack I bought. I was living in Japan at the time, and as soon as I finished the game I went across the street (my local movie/game/CD store was literally across the street) and bought the soundtrack immediately. It was that good.

Some of my favorites:
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts II - Tension Rising
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts - Scherzo Di Notte (KH, KH: CoM, and KH2)
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts - Sacred Moon
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts II Music - A Fight to the Death

Well, just ones off the top of my head anyway...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Fate of the Unknown.

[/thread]
You, sir, do not dictate when my thread closes, but thanks for agreeing with me at least somewhat.

maggosh

Awards
Website
www.khwiki.net

∞;4686619 said:
You, sir, do not dictate when my thread closes, but thanks for agreeing with me at least somewhat.

I was not dictating when the thread closing, I was merely stating my opinion and that nothing else can top FotU. My apologies for any misconceptions, sir.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

All has been remedied .

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards

Just going to make this thread official so I don't see repeated trash everywhere =/

From now on, all Kingdom Hearts music discussion goes in this thread.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: The Official Kingdom Hearts Music Discssion Thread

Shit. I just realised I've been missing out on the KH piano collections for God knows how long.

Also, yey for the official thread.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: Which Final Boss has the best theme song?

Lord of the Castle, most definitely. Altghough I'm not sure if this should just go into the thread I made anyway :/

kingofgame981

Awards
Re: The Official Kingdom Hearts Music Discssion Thread

Why so serious?

Anyway, thanks for this thread, is relly good.

P/S : The Chesire Cat is so creepy...

State

Awards

Lord of the Castle is also my favorite. It has a dark and tension atmosphere in it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Also, I think just behind Lord of the Castle is the Final Riku Battle music in Days.

State

Awards

∞;4686704 said:
Also, I think just behind Lord of the Castle is the Final Riku Battle music in Days.

Ah! The 13th/14th Anthology! It was a mix of some Organization XIII battle themes. It is in my second place, Lord of the Castle being first.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

∞;4686704 said:

Crap, sorry not enough room for days plus I dont know anything about the final boss or music. I thought Xion was the final boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back