• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mushroom 8?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
Is this mushroom completely dedicated to luck? I've tried several strats already, getting no higher than 78.

I've tried using the Wisdom Form + Thunder/Shot combo. It goes rather fast to 60+ but once the lock-on is gone, you're bad.
I've tried going without forms, just Berserk and use a combo of Horizontal and regular hits, getting to 50+ with ease before the Mushroom gets flung away out of reach thanks to the ceiling.
I've tried going Master form and Berserk it, getting to my topscore of 78 so far by luck, yet on other tries I can't get more than 5 before the magnetism is flawed.

So far I've seen and know, there is no guaranteed strategy to get 85+ hits in... unless things have changed in the Remix?

moo

It took me an insanely long time to beat Mushroom 8 but basically what I did (after literally 50+ tries)

This is how I got it to work
- Go into Master (make sure berserk charge is on)
- Deplete all of your magic
- Wait for your magic gauge to be half refilled
- Start hitting the mushroom
- When your magic is recovered, start spamming thunder

Xelon99

Awards
It took me an insanely long time to beat Mushroom 8 but basically what I did (after literally 50+ tries)

This is how I got it to work
- Go into Master (make sure berserk charge is on)
- Deplete all of your magic
- Wait for your magic gauge to be half refilled
- Start hitting the mushroom
- When your magic is recovered, start spamming thunder

Kept doing that as well for about 3 hours in a row now. Just got to 90 before the Shroom was flung away, right before my MP got back. Hit the ground before I could use Thunders. No S rank, but it's done. Really hate that Mushroom though. Don't like the mechanism that it's so RNG based

VenTer

Awards
I have a hard time with mushroom number 8 too. I tried doing Master form. But When it's gets to it's finisher combo attack in Master Form, you put the mushroom back into the ground. I don't know either how to stop the finisher combo attack?????

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I have a hard time with mushroom number 8 too. I tried doing Master form. But When it's gets to it's finisher combo attack in Master Form, you put the mushroom back into the ground. I don't know either how to stop the finisher combo attack?????
You need to equip Berserk Charge in your Abilities menu to stop Finishers when you're in MP Charge; if you don't have it yet or don't have enough AP, you can equip the Fatal Crest Keyblade instead, if you have that as an alternative. It's better to use the Ability, though, as you'll want a Keyblade with long reach to help ensure you land hits.

This is still the hardest Mushroom for me to attempt, though - Master Form/Berserk Charge doesn't work too well for me, personally. Mostly because it's so random, and you have to time your attacks or Sora will overshoot the Mushroom, or just plain miss. I've seen a few people use Sora's standard form and use Horizontal Slash to keep the Mushroom going, using the basic attack to close the distance (Aerial Spiral is the priority for this, IIRC); I believe used this tactic the first time I beat the Mushroom. Either way, I border on rage-quitting every time I attempt it these days.

VenTer

Awards
You need to equip Berserk Charge in your Abilities menu to stop Finishers when you're in MP Charge; if you don't have it yet or don't have enough AP, you can equip the Fatal Crest Keyblade instead, if you have that as an alternative. It's better to use the Ability, though, as you'll want a Keyblade with long reach to help ensure you land hits.

This is still the hardest Mushroom for me to attempt, though - Master Form/Berserk Charge doesn't work too well for me, personally. Mostly because it's so random, and you have to time your attacks or Sora will overshoot the Mushroom, or just plain miss. I've seen a few people use Sora's standard form and use Horizontal Slash to keep the Mushroom going, using the basic attack to close the distance (Aerial Spiral is the priority for this, IIRC); I believe used this tactic the first time I beat the Mushroom. Either way, I border on rage-quitting every time I attempt it these days.
I see I will try it thanks :)

Awards
I can easyly help. At the right amount of hits, as soon as your mp refills(assuming you equip berserk),use trinity limit. You should rack up to 85, or more. I got 89. Its all about timing. Hope this helps.

LedxirnSimon

it's worth to mention that final form method also worked well for that, once you launched the mushroom in midair, attack it immediately while in midair then delay a split moment before combo'ing it away without landing. I managed to get 99 hits with that method. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back