• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Mumbling

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
So. I have recently learned that I have a mumbling problem. I figured it out today actually. I was talking to some kid and asked him a question. He heard like maybe one word but didnt respond and just stared at me. I asked again. This time more audibly and he responded I thought it was a one time thing and then started noticing myself mumbling a lot more throughout the day. Even to my friends once or twice. It seems to motly happen with strangers or people I hardly know. The wierd thing is I don`t have a huge self confidence problem. Other then this apparent mumbling problem and not looking at peoples eyes(read a seperate thread with advice about this no need for help on that one) that`s it. I really don`t give much of damn about what other people think anymore. So what could be causing it?

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I actually have a similar problem.
This happens to me a lot, especially when I am on the phone.
Does it happen a lot to you on the phone?

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
So. I have recently learned that I have a mumbling problem. I figured it out today actually. I was talking to some kid and asked him a question. He heard like maybe one word but didnt respond and just stared at me. I asked again. This time more audibly and he responded I thought it was a one time thing and then started noticing myself mumbling a lot more throughout the day. Even to my friends once or twice. It seems to motly happen with strangers or people I hardly know. The wierd thing is I don`t have a huge self confidence problem. Other then this apparent mumbling problem and not looking at peoples eyes(read a seperate thread with advice about this no need for help on that one) that`s it. I really don`t give much of damn about what other people think anymore. So what could be causing it?

does the mumbling cause spelling errors when you type too? :p I kid.

but lately I have noticed myself mumbling too. I think it has to do with me being shy though, I hardly ever talk, and when I do I mumble.
I guess it's normal to mumble in front of strangers..or is it? well at least you notice it now.

kratos

See, i seem to mumble also, that seems to happen either when we are meeting someone new for the first time, or if were scared or in trouble. I see in myself that i mumble when i'm trying to explain why i got in trouble or introduce myself to someone new especially girls >.> lol. But i found many ways around this. One is to look them in the face and speak a little louder then you normally would, may seem odd but trust me it works.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mumble...but that is mostly because my brain is going 1000 miles per hour and my mouth is only going 10mph so it never catches up to my thoughts.

I'm pretty clear at talking when I need to, though. But I usually have to articulate.

Leonard

Married to Crimson &#9829;
Well, I'm not sure if this is really similar to your problem but when I'm in a group of people I tend to get overheard because I speak too quietly. I don't know, maybe I'm too hesitant or shy when I contribute to a discussion, but I hear myself just fine while other people don't.

Normally I just repeat what I've said and say it louder than I'm used to. That solves it for me.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
Well, I'm not sure if this is really similar to your problem but when I'm in a group of people I tend to get overheard because I speak too quietly. I don't know, maybe I'm too hesitant or shy when I contribute to a discussion, but I hear myself just fine while other people don't.

Normally I just repeat what I've said and say it louder than I'm used to. That solves it for me.

That`s what happens to me. Exactly that. I really hate it. I geuss there is a shyness factor that goes with it for me also

IceBlueWings

&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#

This happens to me often too. I don't think I'm really shy among my friends, but strangers, I would probably be shy. I become very hesitant at times.
Still, I repeat myself sometimes, if I really feel like it should be heard.

My brother had that mumbling thing when he was two or three years younger. It annoyed my parents, but now he's okay. :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think I'm gonna take some voice acting classes. That definitely makes a person more eloquent. I don't want to sound like Kristen Stewart. Now she has a mumbling problem.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I have it too. I can talk to myself perfectly fine. When I talk to other people, I think I get too excited and talk faster.
I dont have a confidence problem, so maybe we have the same thing. If I force myself to say the sentence slower, I can do it.
When you mumble a sentence, stop and repeat it slowly. You wont sound slow because, chances are, you are just saying the first sentence too fast, making it inaudible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back