• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Mulan (2020)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Seriously? I guess this "adapting disney animated films" trend isn't stopping anytime soon. Oh well. Hopefully it will be at least decent

I would love it if this film got a PG-13 rating.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Seriously? I guess this "adapting disney animated films" trend isn't stopping anytime soon. Oh well. Hopefully it will be at least decent

I would love it if this film got a PG-13 rating.
Remember who the target demographic is for Disney films. Children are going to love this.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Remember who the target demographic is for Disney films. Children are going to love this.

Well there have been Disney films aimed at an older crowd such as the PotC series. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney tried to make a live action Mulan film a bit edgier.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well there have been Disney films aimed at an older crowd such as the PotC series. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney tried to make a live action Mulan film a bit edgier.
Yeah, and the Pirates films was Disney making films for a certain demographic. In your own words, they were "aiming at an older crowd" which means you automatically know they're not for young children, just like how these films are not being made for us, but for the newer generations. The Pirates demographic will not be the same as the demographic for Mulan.

These live action movies; Cinderella, Maleficent, Jungle Book, Cruella, Beauty and the Beast, and now Mulan, are for the younger audiences. The audiences who didn't grow up with Disney releasing 2D animation films (which it doesn't seem like they will do often, if at all) are now getting these stories told to them through a live action medium. These kids still have the "Disney is pure magic" feeling and parents will splurge a lot of money on the merchandise for these films because Disney can resell a lot of merchandise from years ago as brand new.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Despite my current distaste for the remakes (I haven't seen Cinderella yet) this has potential to be one of the more promising live-action remakes, but c'mon. I know it's a better option than tacking on taudry sequels, but are we seriously going to attempt to remake the entire animated library, Disney?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Despite my current distaste for the remakes (I haven't seen Cinderella yet) this has potential to be one of the more promising live-action remakes, but c'mon. I know it's a better option than tacking on taudry sequels, but are we seriously going to attempt to remake the entire animated library, Disney?

I honestly hope they don't. I mean the 101 Dalmatians with Jeff Daniels seemed like a one-off, then Alice in Wonderland happened, then they jumped on the bandwagon with all the reimaginings. I've heard Cinderella was actually good (probably see it eventually) and Mulan was my absolute favorite growing up, so I'll keep this on the radar

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I honestly hope they don't. I mean the 101 Dalmatians with Jeff Daniels seemed like a one-off, then Alice in Wonderland happened, then they jumped on the bandwagon with all the reimaginings. I've heard Cinderella was actually good (probably see it eventually) and Mulan was my absolute favorite growing up, so I'll keep this on the radar

I liked Cinderella a lot more than Maleficent. It was corny at times, but at least it didn’t shit all over the characters. If they can make Mulan at least as good (but with less corniness) I’ll be satisfied.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I liked Cinderella a lot more than Maleficent. It was corny at times, but at least it didn’t shit all over the characters. If they can make Mulan at least as good (but with less corniness) I’ll be satisfied.

I refuse to see Maleficent for how awful they turned it around and butchered the characters. That made me salty with Disney for a little bit

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
When I first heard the news of a Mulan live-action adaptation, I rolled my eyes and thought "not another one of those". But then I started actually thinking about it and well, Mulan actually has potential. They have my curiousity.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
When I first heard the news of a Mulan live-action adaptation, I rolled my eyes and thought "not another one of those". But then I started actually thinking about it and well, Mulan actually has potential. They have my curiousity.
Haha literally my reaction as well. Mulan was never one of my favorites, but I enjoyed it. *Hopes they choose Scarlett Johansen for Mulan. #NotSerious #GITSLiveAction #IDon'tEvenHavaTwitter

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I love Mulan, so I'm looking forward to this. I'm saving my derision for those Dumbo and The Jungle Book re-makes, and the Cruella movie.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I personally loved Maleficent, so I'll be keeping my eyes on this. I have yet to see Cinderella though.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
^Cinderella was really good. it tied with maleficent so far on my favorite live action Disney's they've been doingn lately.

I can't wait for beauty and the beast and the mulan live actions. though beauty and the beast have been done before but not very well in my opinion. We also got an awsom live action of wonderland(My opinion I know many hated it) Cinderella (Though ever after was a good adaptation as well) and snow white.

Wonder what they will do next.

I seem to be in the minority that has loved live action adapations. I adored 101 dalmations .

the only one I didn't like was Mirror Mirror. and then that snow white and the huntsman(I don't think this was Disney anyway) neither was really good but the second one had Charlize theron and she did do the evil queen justice. (and I met her bbefore ^^)

I have noticed with maleficent and other sthat they have been going to the original dark theme that are in all fairy tails. but still keeping it light.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
if maleficent is anything to take note of combining with the child aimed direction this movie will probably suck

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not a big fan of all these live action remakes (but to be fair the only live action remakes I've seen are 101 Dalmatians, Alice in Wonderland, and the first half of Maleficent). I'd rather they make more 2D animated films but it doesn't look like that's happening anymore. :/ I'll give Mulan a chance though, as I see it having the best potential as a live action movie. My only requirement is "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" be sung. :D

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Maleficent underdelivered so hard, it's not even funny. Promising the story behind the villain, only to change the entire story so that the villain isn't really a villain anymore and creating another villain in the process. Not to mention abominations they turned the three fairies into. I was just shaking my head during the entire screening.

With that said, like I said earlier: I do see the potential in a Mulan movie. But I can't say I'm a fan of these live-action remakes, they're really overdoing it with all these announcements.

Back