• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mozilla 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henskie

I'm Batman
Hey I am just letting everyone that uses mozilla as a browser that there is a new version out and it is awesome one feature I especially like is the built in spell check so if you have mozilla right now the new version is even better discuss it here

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
Yes, the new version pwns. I love the built in spell checker and if Firefox closes on you for some reason and you start it back up there will be a pop up before it starts asking if you'd like to continue what you were doing so that you don't have to start over again if you were in the middle of something.

Henskie

I'm Batman
cool I didn't know that! I love it and it even looks better too

The Midnighter

Tech Geek
Awards
I don't like it at all actually. After a day of using it, I restored back to 1.5
I don't like al ot of the "new" features, including the fact that some of the extensions and themes aren't compatabile with 2.0

Rachael

Website
www.myspace.com
I don't like it. x.x And I have a toolbar that won't work on firefox 2.0 and only on 1.5

Does anyone have a link to download the old version back? I can't find it for some odd reason.

Joy

Bronze Member
Only thing I dis-like about it is that whenever i go to the Google tool bar and search for something the search opens in the same tab and not a new one. Anyone know how to make it open in a new tab?

Henskie

I'm Batman
personally I like it because I always have trouble spelling things out and with the addition of spell check I will at least know when I spell something wrong lol

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Well.. I personally haven't tried 2.0.. because of alot of security risks with:
IE7 & FF2..

Now, why would they have 'risks'..? Answer, because they are brand spankin new. You guys are doing the 'true' beta-testing.. If there is a 'feature' that is a major security issue.. well.. you guys are pretty much all toast. This is why you don't upgrade things for a week or two.. (Or three..) after they have been released.. it lets the developers find and fix alot of the 'nastier' security problems.

Which, I'm sure IE7 has some as well as FF2.. which I have heard of quite a few of FF2 problems. One thing, is to make DAMN SURE that you set a masterpassword in FF2, if you use it to store passwords.. then when it stores the password for you, it will encrypt it.. otherwise, it won't.
(It will save the files as normal.. ie, the passwords would appear as 'plaintext'..)

Which.. is a rather big issue, if someone ever gets ahold of that file.. and know which sites you visit.. they could possibly get access to your email, ebay, and more.. alot more. (Even online banking.)

There is another thing altogether, also:
PacketMonitoring.. there are some people that can map network traffic, and get packets that are meant for someone else on the network. These people can reassemble this packets, and see what you are doing on the internet, without you knowing.. and that's for starters. (Ideally, it works best on LAN networks.) They can also grab things like MySpace passwords, and passwords for ALOT of other sites.. pretty much, if the site doesn't encrypt the login requests in SSL & SSL2, etc.. then the passwords are in the 'open', and can easily be read when someone packetmonitors you... there are also ways AROUND the SSL issue.. but they are pretty difficult to setup. One is to redirect your 'traffic' back into their computer, and send you a fake validation, which a normal user will 'ok'. Then you send your password to them encrypted in THEIR validation.. so they don't have trouble cracking your password.. they have the encryption key and the password..

It's like giving the keys to your McLaren to a car thief, and asking him to 'park' it..

I really like gmail, however because of this.. Google HAS SSL support for Gmail.. so I know that I won't ever have middy reading my email if he happens to be packetsniffing on my network..

(Trust me.. this is only the tip of things.)

I know things that would make most of you paranoid, if I said anything. The only other person that would know about it are the people like Middy and I.

~~Azurith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back