• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Moving plans.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
Hey guys, due to my country (Puerto Rico), slowly starting to become the Spain in Latinamerica (diddlyed-up economically, mixed with some problems of our own such as a nasty-ass high crime rate, corrupt politicians and dumb voters), I've decided to consider the possibility of moving to USA. As some of you may know, we Puerto Ricans have the US Citizenship (acquired through a special act), meaning I won't have any sort of problem moving. Other than that, I speak a fluent and almost-US-accent English, so no problems in communications. Other than that, my resumé will be filled with credentials related to working for my country's Comptroller's Office, study at the best university (the State's) and credits related with Accounting.

In summation;
I'll have a nice background and base if I go to the US.

But the problem is;
Which state would I reside in?

And this is where you guys and girls come in;
Can you recommend me a state or various in specific to live in, please?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Which state? Oh boy lol. It really depends on the kind of person you are and what sort of weather, culture, and environment you enjoy.

The U.S. has sprawling cities and quiet rural countrysides in almost each state. Weather is frigid cold or stinking hot throughout the year depending on where you go. We have coastal areas, mountainous areas, desert areas, swamps, plains, hills, etc. Different types of food depending on which state you're in, etc.

Tell us more about what sorts of activities, people, weather, food, and culture you enjoy. That'll help give suggestions.

State

Awards
activities
I don't attend any type of activities unless they're work/school related.

I like interacting with people when I'm in the mood and like to socialize with them.

I'm used to a constant sun-and-rain weather, but honestly, I could care less as long as it isn't snow (snow bores me).

I eat every sort of plate.

We Puerto Ricans have our culture, but we enjoy others ones, but not very immersive.

Also;
I have no interest in California, Florida nor New York. I WOULD enlist the reasons, but I'm too lazy and busy with discussing other states right now.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
What are you guys and girls thoughts on this list:
America's Best States To Live In: CNBC

That list cracks me up because it seems to ignore a lot of realistic factors. The states they mention and the features they bring up are usually in very expensive to live in areas. I mean Hawaii? Stupid expensive. If you're absolutely rich I suppose a lot of those states are nice, but some of them are just weird picks. North Dakota? I'm sure it's very peaceful but it's so out in the middle of nowhere I'm not sure what else you might have besides peace (but I've never been there before). Also, most of those states get very cold.

Constant sun-and-rain weather sounds like the southern states, but I've only been to a few other southern states. I feel like Texas might be a nice fit for you and it has a very high quality of life with among the cheapest living costs in the country. But it's very large and traveling is almost always by car, so if you like public transportation it's probably not your fit, unless you want to live in inner-city Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, or Houston. It's got a lot of hispanic influence as well. Texas had a drought last year which is throwing off our climate cycles, I suppose. It's currently like 70 degrees Fahrenheit outside and it's December 18th....lol

Colorado is insanely gorgeous but it's a snowy region, and pot is now legal there lol. Washington is also absolutely gorgeous and by the coast but it's a cold coastal region, like Maine.

You mention school: what kind of school are you looking for and what do you want to study?

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Come to Texas.

Well, Austin at least. No snow, overly accepting, great music, great food, etc. etc.

And, as far as Uni. goes, we've got one of the best around. Just ask Dogen, I'm sure he'd love to tell you all about it ;)

Last edited:

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
What are you guys and girls thoughts on this list:
America's Best States To Live In: CNBC

since you said you don't like snow only place i can agree on that list is Hawaii
^ this ^

What do you like to do?
Do you Like big Cities?
Being that for the most part Puerto Rico is a Tropical Island do you like that kind of climate? If so (though you X'd it off the list Florida as probaly the closest to the climate that you are used to.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Come to Texas.

Well, Austin at least. No snow, overly accepting, great music, great food, etc. etc.

And, as far as Uni. goes, we've got one of the best around. Just ask Dogen, I'm sure he'd love to tell you all about it ;)
oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

State

Awards
Thanks for the replies, guys and girls, very appreciated. About those center-situated states, how could can they get? And about Texas, what about other places than Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio, like places in the north-west part of Texas?

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Thanks for the replies, guys and girls, very appreciated. About those center-situated states, how could can they get? And about Texas, what about other places than Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio, like places in the north-west part of Texas?

There's Lubbock, which has Texas Tech University. I think Abilene is up there as well. As far as I'm concerned, both of those towns are pretty boring, not much around (except for tumbleweeds, seriously), and you're about 5 hours away from the nearest "big" city (Dallas).

Never lived there, though. My sister went to school in Lubbock, and she had a "love/hate" relationship with the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back