• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Movie] Star Wars: The Clone Wars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Star_wars_the_clone_wars.jpg

Anyone seen previews for the new Star Wars animated movie?

(ignore the fact it's a "kids" magazine site) I'll update as it goes along...

Here's the trailer

It's at the bottom

UPDATE 1: News Article, 1 hour old at 12: 15 11th July

By The Associated Press
July 10, 2008
LOS ANGELES - George Lucas is revisiting familiar space in the heart of Hollywood to unveil his new "Star Wars" adventure.

The animated tale "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" will have its world premiere at the Egyptian Theatre along Hollywood Boulevard on Aug. 10, five days before it opens in theaters. Lucasfilm announced the premiere Wednesday.

Proceeds from the premiere will benefit the American Cinematheque, a film organization based at the Egyptian, which opened in 1922. The Egyptian was one of two Los Angeles theaters where the first "Star Wars" sequel, "The Empire Strikes Back," played during its extended run in 1980.

Tickets for the 4 p.m. premiere will be on sale exclusively to American Cinematheque until July 23 and will then be available to the general public.

"Few cinemas have had the opportunity to host a premiere of a 'Star Wars' movie, and we are tremendously excited that the historic Egyptian will soon be one of them," said Barbara Smith, director of the American Cinematheque.

"The Clone Wars" will be followed by an animated TV series of the same name debuting this fall on the Cartoon Network and TNT.

The movie and TV show are set between the action of the second and third chapters of Lucas' prequel trilogy, "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith."

The film centers on a galactic civil war, with Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker — the future villain Darth Vader — embarking on a mission that pits him and his apprentice against crime boss Jabba the Hutt.

The voice cast includes some veteran "Star Wars" performers, including Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu, Christopher Lee as Count Dooku and Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.

Among other key voice cast members are Matt Lander as Anakin, Ashley Eckstein as his apprentice Ahsoka Tano and James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Lucas served as executive producer on "The Clone Wars" movie, which was directed by Dave Filoni.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Ah... I thought this was to be a tv series?

Whatever, either way it looks pretty interesting. The animation seems VERY fluent, and those battle scenes looked incredible.

I'd definitely like to see this.

Lancelot

Awards
There already was a cartoon series of the Clone Wars... about 3 years ago if I remember correctly, but yes, it does look good, and... a new interesting animation style too

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
I was genuinely very very interested in this until I heard about the plot, which sounds godawful (even by the modern trilogy standards)

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
^I agree^

But I'll definitely watch it for the animation. Honestly, it just looked that good (imo).

Yes, there was already a TV series, but isn't this going to lead into a new one concerning the clone wars or something?
I don't care either way...

Lancelot

Awards
Update: Found a news article involving it.... All updates I'll put on the top

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
I liked the clone wars episodes that aired on tv, so I guess I'll watch the movie.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
the old clone wars series explained a some stuff before Star wars episode 3
think of the old cartoon as Star Wars episode 2.5

as for the movie
i'll watch it i love star wars :D

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I usually like Star Wars movies but I don't know if I'll see something like this. Probably. I do like Star Wars. Even if it's the Clone wars.

Lancelot

Awards
I has to agree with that too, I'm only going because of me being a Star Wars fan since i was born lol

slinky

One Step at A Time
to me it's sad proof that george dosnt want to let go of starwars but ohnestly now that he has done this, he better not end the the starwars saga with this animated crap i can almost gurantee that this will be the lowest boxoffice grossing starwars movie ever.........

it will probaly start with regular numbers in the box office and go down hill from there.....

animated starwars= epic failure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back