• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Movie original/remake discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
So I gots to thinking, most of us on the forum are to young to have even been alive to have seen the originals of some of the top movies in the last 10 years or so(War of the Worlds, The day the Earth Stood still, Ocean's Eleven) So, I was just curious as to who has actually seen the originals of a movie they have liked, or had liked a movie so much that you wanted to see the original?

I myself just saw the original Ocean's Eleven. Major differences to the one back in 2001.

[crash]

Summertime, Go Outside And Get Some
I remember The Day the Earth Stood Still....they destroyed the remake(just saying)

Didn't like the old version of War of the Worlds and don't like the new one, Tom Cruise, you are not that cool anymore

the original 12 Angry Men is the best one

I actually prefer the remake of 3:10 to Yuma

Tha Absent-Minded Proffesor or as many know the name of the remake Flubber...I like both movies, pretty good

One that is going to be coming out soon, The Incredible Shrinking Man...hahaha the REALLY old one is hilarious to watch if you are ever in a strange movie kid of mood

Faris

Perfect Harmony
the original 'Italian job' kicked so many types of ass over the newish one.

on the contrary the new transformers are a great remake, even if not directly linked to the original.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
The remake of Willy wonka and the chocolate factory was and still is a disgrace to the original. The remake is dull and boring, original great and entertaining;plus i think that Johnny Depp didn't play Willy Wonka all that good >.>

Radon

mofo
The remake of Willy wonka and the chocolate factory was and still is a disgrace to the original. The remake is dull and boring, original great and entertaining;plus i think that Johnny Depp didn't play Willy Wonka all that good >.>

Agree with the whole disgrace and Johnny Depp bit but what are you meaning by original, great and entertaining?

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Agree with the whole disgrace and Johnny Depp bit but what are you meaning by original, great and entertaining?

I mean that the original brought better entertainment value, better comedy for the kids, and i am sorry but the first was just plain better; end of point. >.>

[crash]

Summertime, Go Outside And Get Some

It wasn't a remake...I know that it seems like it, but it wasn't a remake of the movie. Tim Burton wanted to make a movie that went with the book that was why the new movie was called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; the name of the book.

But I do agree that the old movie is a great movie. I still like the new one because it follows the book and that was one of my favorite books as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back