• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Mothers these days.... -_-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
It has come to a point where I'm going crazy about this. And I mean the bad kind of crazy! I love my mother and all its just ever since this summer we fight like cats and dogs. Or my mom would get too clingly towards me and get all mushy and stuff.

Example: Today, My sister answerd the phone saying it was our mom. I told her that I would talk to her later, since I didn't feel like talking atm. That didn't work out.....so instead I end up talking to her. (My sister and I are getting our own rooms (I use to have my own room, but when I was 9 I had to move in with my sister)) My mom comes up with the idea of moving this HUGE dresser into my room. I told her that I don't want it. Then she started to get all spazzy and started to yell at me saying that "you'll only have ur bed, dresser, and a night stand!" and "the dresser is so pretty it would be a waste to sell it!" I mean COME ONE HERE PPL, im being logical about this, plus its my room. (I'm gunna make it a KH room so thats why I don't want alot of furniture since I'll be painting the walls and all.)

Yesterday, my mom comes home from work and got us Subway. I told her that I wasn't hungry and that I'll eat later when I am. She starts to yell again for no reason at all and so I was forced to eat.

I can name alot more fights but these ones rly drive me up a wall -_-

Ik wat ur thinking "She probably will miss u since your going to college soon."
Yes im 16 and I don't get out much cuz i have to watch my sister ALL THE TIME! For a 12 yr old who's getting a cellhphone pretty soon, I don't see why I would need to watch her......

Well, is there anyway to let my mom kno that im growing up and that I wont be around the house forever!?

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
She sounds like my mom, but my mom's not as bad since she understands me pretty well.

It seems like she really loves you, but whenever she wants to show you affection by getting you something and you don't respond as she would have hoped she gets upset about it. Like with the food thing, my mom is always getting me food even after I tell her I'm not hungry and instead of just telling her I'll eat it later, I'll smile and thank her. Parents really love to see their children smile, so next time you have a disagreement with her, smile and explain how you feel about the situation. And maybe even give her a hug.

Anyways, she's just being a mother, she won't really care how old you are since she loves you.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I think this thread would be more aptly named "Kids these days" rather than "Mothers these days".

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
Oh wow sounds like my mom too. My mom does the same thing decides how my room should be etc. etc.
But i've come to see that's its no big deal so instead of wondering how to get her to stop maybe you should try to be more tolerable. Sorry if that comes out rude i don't want it too.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Sounds to me like you're just being difficult. Respect your mother, do your own things when you're an adult.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I think this thread would be more aptly named "Kids these days" rather than "Mothers these days".

+1

political-pictures-nicolas-sarkozy-smallest-violin.jpg

teardrop

It's your mom. Of course she's going to be like that. And there's no point in fighting over it. You're just going to make her mad, and that is never a good thing with mothers. If you are seriously THAT unhappy with a dresser being put in your room, sit down and talk to her about it, not yell over a phone.

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
I apperciate you guys sayin this. Its actually the reason y my mom is rly clingly towards me, is bc I show her respect and we talk about things all the time. I mean I'm not out-right rude towards her. I'm very polite when it comes to asking her to leave me alone for a bit or sumthin like that. I kno she rly loves me, and like I said, i love her alot too. And bout the room thing, the room im gettin is pretty small. Its the reason y i dont want the dresser in there cuz im afriad it rly might cram up the room and make it hard to walk in. Its wat I try to tell her, but she doesnt listen. And I rly think the reason y she rly is gettin like this is becuz I'm not going to be in the house for much longer (lol i sound like im gunna die or sumthin XD). And believe me, if u wanna talk about "kids these days" then try my sister -_-, that would be more like it than putting me into that category. Plus she doesnt like the things I like either, so it makes things alot worse. Like my obsession for Kingdom Hearts, she thinks its a waste and that I should stop. But its always better tahn doing drugs on the street right?

My point is, I love my mom, I respect her greatly and we get along well half of the time. But since im growing up and need to roam a little, how do I give her the hint without driving her crazy?

Blobbit

Awards
My mom comes up with the idea of moving this HUGE dresser into my room. I told her that I don't want it. Then she started to get all spazzy and started to yell at me saying that "you'll only have ur bed, dresser, and a night stand!" and "the dresser is so pretty it would be a waste to sell it!" I mean COME ONE HERE PPL, im being logical about this, plus its my room. (I'm gunna make it a KH room so thats why I don't want alot of furniture since I'll be painting the walls and all.)

Well, she pays for the house, so you should be happy she cares about you enough that you even have your own room

Yesterday, my mom comes home from work and got us Subway. I told her that I wasn't hungry and that I'll eat later when I am. She starts to yell again for no reason at all and so I was forced to eat.

I understand this, it's a normal mom thing. Moms don't want you to go hungry.

I can name alot more fights but these ones rly drive me up a wall -_-

Ik wat ur thinking "She probably will miss u since your going to college soon."
Yes im 16 and I don't get out much cuz i have to watch my sister ALL THE TIME! For a 12 yr old who's getting a cellhphone pretty soon, I don't see why I would need to watch her......

When I was 10 I was already staying home alone, but your mom just wants you guys to be extra safe.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
I didn't have my own room until earlier this year so shut the fuck up.

Then again, it's about the size of my parents room.

And it is pretty big.....................

αsiя

space coke
Try living in a 1 room apartment with a family of 5 in the middle of a ghetto ass area.

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
αsiя;5191471 said:
Try living in a 1 room apartment with a family of 5 in the middle of a ghetto ass area.

dude i feel for u.

And like i said b4 here, I'm not exactly "complaining", i jst get tired of all the fighting that happens, and that I'm the one getting stuck in them or gets dragged into one. Ok sure what the topic said was a little bit of me complaining, but who doesn't do that? And yes, i kno, my mom loves me and she's trying to do whats best for me. And I get that part. But I'm growing older and what I'm asking of her is to give me a little bit more freedom. (I live in the middle of no-where, but i started to watch myself by the age of 13).

Like I said, all I'm asking here is how to talk to her w/out getting her instantly mad at me, about me growing up and wanting a little bit more freedom.

Now if your rly gunna start sayin that "im being stupid about this" or "that I need to stop complaining" then I ask you nicely to not post on here at all, unless you understand what I'm going thru. thank you

Gram

Banned
Awards
i dotn think there is a way to talk this out without her getting emotional, so just get it over with or buy a padlock for your room either one.

Musical charm

hmmm......ever think of relating to your my? asking her if she ever felt like that? sometimes doing that can work, but don,t say it too fast, or things can go wrong, I know 'cause I my mom's like that, I sometimes fight with her, but thats when she yells at me for no apparent reason, I'm always polite to her, but still, try that, it might work.

Yuni

Banned
You know what? She loves you and you have to realize that your in her house and you have to follow her rules/what she gives you, shes just doing it because she wants to show you that she cares about you ok.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Proof that the parent-child relationship has never and will never change. :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back