• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Most Over hyped Anime's of Today

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Which anime do you think is over hyped today? Before, it was the first dubbed animes to ever come out in America. But today, there are anime's that are over hyped or may be too over hyped. Best put a reason why the anime series is like that.

Which series I think that is over hyped?
NARUTO
-The latter majority of naruto fans(Narutards) in the American fanbase who has only watched Naruto and Dragon Ball Z may think Naruto is the biggest fish out there.
No, I'm not calling people who like/love naruto Narutards. Only the ones that overdue it. I do read Naruto and I like it, but not as much as the time during the Zabuza arc. It's just going down hill for me.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Ok every anime that makes it into the main stream of tv world becomes overhyped. Hell i bet before mid-year everyone will be saying how overhyped Death Note is.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
Meh...I say Pokemon. Its been around like...what? 10+ years??????
They're still making episodes, movies, and trading cards....the hype won't die...at least for the little kids who apparently love that s**t

Blue

home is where the heart is
Well,the most over hyped Anime of today is for me

- Naruto.It has a good storyline and characters and all,but I've simply watched better animes.

Maverick E.S

Virus
Meh...I say Pokemon. Its been around like...what? 10+ years??????
They're still making episodes, movies, and trading cards....the hype won't die...at least for the little kids who apparently love that s**t

Eh the games are actually pretty decent :p

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Everyone says Naruto because it has been spread out most. And after it got spread out to a huge fanbase everyone started saying it wasnt nearly as good anymore. Pretty weird how that happens. Lowfanbase means anime is amazing then high fanbase means its overhyped.

CtR

Bleach D: everyone keeps saying to me to go and watch it, but I personally didn't like the ones I saw >_>

Death Note is heading that way but isn't there yet.

Naruto is a given due to how fcking wide it's gone.

Lots of animes have stages where they become massive before going back to being quiet again, for example, Elfen Lied, Lucky Star and Higurashi (or however the heck you spell it >_>)

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I don't think FMA is overhyped. I would say Yu-gi-oh.
Once a anime has breath mints sold in Hot Topic I honestly think it's over hyped but I still love the show and manga none the less.

Everyone says Naruto because it has been spread out most. And after it got spread out to a huge fanbase everyone started saying it wasnt nearly as good anymore. Pretty weird how that happens. Lowfanbase means anime is amazing then high fanbase means its overhyped.
Yes and no. Naruto is called bad because well it is (I'm not a fan of Naruto after Zabuza dies), most (not all) hyped up animes that last longer than 25 or 50 episodes are bad but even animes with small fanbases are horrible too. A plot can only be drawn out so long until it just ends up being retarded and redundant and having it be over hyped just helps legitimatize the fact that it sucks because tons of idiots just fell for some dumb ploy. Animes like Cowboy Bebop have a huge fanbase but since it is a great anime and does not last 168 episodes it's not (or was not) considered over hyped.

Lots of animes have stages where they become massive before going back to being quiet again, for example, Elfen Lied, Lucky Star and Higurashi (or however the heck you spell it >_>)
Elfen Lied isn't/wasn't shown on big cable companies like Turner/Time Warner so it doesn't get as much as a chance as say Bleach did plus it doesn't last forever like Bleach. Lucky Star is just stupid, the opening was the only thing liked and that wasn't even that good. Higurashi was made into a big deal because f*ck look at the damn thing.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yes and no. Naruto is called bad because well it is (I'm not a fan of Naruto after Zabuza dies), most (not all) hyped up animes that last longer than 25 or 50 episodes are bad but even animes with small fanbases are horrible too. A plot can only be drawn out so long until it just ends up being retarded and redundant and having it be over hyped just helps legitimatize the fact that it sucks because tons of idiots just fell for some dumb ploy. Animes like Cowboy Bebop have a huge fanbase but since it is a great anime and does not last 168 episodes it's not (or was not) considered over hyped
When did i say every anime with a huge fanbase becomes overhyped? Any anime that stretchs over 20 episodes and is shown on cable networks all over then its at risk of being over hyped. Now the main thing that makes an anime overhyped is how much it has stretched into other markets like clothing, games, ext... Also isnt obvious you were going to say Naruto is overhyped because you dont like it. THe anime isnt bad neither is the manga. Of course something are obvious of whats happening next but still a nice series.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
blinkboy211 said:
When did i say every anime with a huge fanbase becomes overhyped?
You: "Pretty weird how that happens. Low fanbase means anime is amazing then high fanbase means its overhyped."

Yup.
Also isnt obvious you were going to say Naruto is overhyped because you dont like it. THe anime isnt bad neither is the manga. Of course something are obvious of whats happening next but still a nice series.
I've read the manga back in 2001 and seen the anime subbed and dubbed and I don't like it, I already experienced DBZ so why do I have to go through it again but with ninjas? I thought the plot was a nice idea but overall I just don't see the big deal about it, nothing about it appeals to me and I don't see why it's considered good.

Once I see a bunch of guys wearing the Naruto headbands they bought from Hot Topic and screaming "CHIDORI" in the mall and a bunch of 12 year olds trying to run up trees like Sasuke and Naruto I tend to think it's a bit over hyped. Not only that but Toonami makes sure kids know that Naruto is best thing they have.

Last edited:

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
You: "Pretty weird how that happens. Low fanbase means anime is amazing then high fanbase means its overhyped."

Yup.
Again when did i say every anime revolves to this trend?

Animes become overhyped when they have huge fanbase and this applies to alot of anime of today. Now some can conquere this by not dragging the story or have kids screaming stuff in stores. There are some low fanbase shows that are overhyped but thats because everyone anticipates the anime and the show ends up being bad. Thats the only other way a show becomes overhyped i guess besides the huge amount of things in marketing.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Again when did i say every anime revolves to this trend?

Animes become overhyped when they have huge fanbase and this applies to alot of anime of today. Now some can conquere this by not dragging the story or have kids screaming stuff in stores. There are some low fanbase shows that are overhyped but thats because everyone anticipates the anime and the show ends up being bad. Thats the only other way a show becomes overhyped i guess besides the huge amount of things in marketing.
By the way you worded your post it seems you mean every instead just a few. I can't comprehend everything on the interwebz.

My bases for calling a show over hyped is how it's presented, it's fans and apparel. Even if a show is over hyped that doesn't mean I don't like it or it's bad, it just has lots of fans. If I did then I would hate Digimon and Yugioh etc D:

Naruto. It was okay till all my friends started obsessing over it. Also, Froad.... You have the best sig. Ever.

Just as Planned

In during Naruto. Obvious answer, but it's not like anyone else who's first experience with anime belonged to Toonami will stop watching.

The Froad said:
I'd say Pokemon. Say what you want, but it is crap. It's been crap for the ten years I've seen it. I collected the cards for a couple months, but that's it.
Pokemon isn't overhyped as an anime, but it is amongst the scene communities by the usual means of "remembering the childhood you never had." Also, why you would even bother analyzing Pokemon as means of a "serious anime" is beyond me.

Death Note has been seeing an increase. I personally liked Death Note, it's a shame the fanbase overlooks the excellent mind-****ery the character engage in in favor of how "kawaii" L happened to be looking at the time.

If the average "anime enthusiast" demographic in your area happens to be pre-teen Mexican children, then oh yes, Yu-Gi-Oh is certainly overhyped.

Lucky Star is just stupid, the opening was the only thing liked and that wasn't even that good.
I enjoyed Lucky Star for it's simple yet witty humour piquing at the lifestyles of "otaku." The series also really grows if you're the type who understood the truckloads of anime references within the series such as the inclusion of Meito Anisawa and Shirashi Minoru's "Wasuremono" song.

Animes like Cowboy Bebop have a huge fanbase but since it is a great anime and does not last 168 episodes it's not (or was not) considered over hyped.
You seem to argue that an anime's greatness derives from how long the series runs. Hokuto no Ken drew on for 158 episodes, and by far I would describe the plot and characters to be deeper than anything I've seen in Naruto. "Emo Ninja Who Wants to Govern His Village" has nothing against "Hot-Blooded Man Who Seeks Peace in an Post-Apocalyptic World, and Seeks to Change it With His Fists."

tl;dr, Anime becomes overhyped because the fanbase has nothing else. Of course if someone happened to watch Adult Swim's newest anime, they would automatically perceive it as "good," assuming this person has little or no experience to other anime. Sometimes they do, but most of the time, they also automatically perceive it as good, because apparently, watching more anime makes you a better otaku, which wins cool points on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back