• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Most of the worlds are dead...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaCore5

Awards
One thing that really irritates me is whenever a world that is supposed to have a bunch of people around has only one or two, and those people cannot even be seen besides in cut scenes. For example in DDD the city of de clotches had no one at all at the festival of fools... How can there be a festival if there is not any people there??

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Most of the world's are dead...

The lack of NPCs has bothered me as well. The worlds never feel like worlds because they're so empty and lifeless. The lack of NPCs can be awakward as well. One good example I can think of is the beginning of Olympus Colisseum in KH2. Instead of seeing a cheering crowd, we get an empty crowd with cheers coming from nowhere. WTF?

MegaCore5

Awards

The lack of NPCs has bothered me as well. The worlds never feel like worlds because they're so empty and lifeless. The lack of NPCs can be awakward as well. One good example I can think of is the beginning of Olympus Colisseum in KH2. Instead of seeing a cheering crowd, we get an empty crowd with cheers coming from nowhere. WTF?
Haha! They are all the ghosts of the monsters Herc has killed so far! How's that for a creepy pasta story? But maybe they weren't cheering and they were actually booing!

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com

It's okay that worlds like Deep Jungle or Atlantica has no folks living there, but hey, even Agrabah! I remember there were shopkeepers back in KH1, but it's totally empty in KH2. Well, it could be because of the worlds have scattered into pieces, but how could it be so coincidental that we meet ONLY the main characters in a world?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I don't think there is a sadder place than the Castle of Dreams where all of four people showed up to Prince Charming's ball.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't think there is a sadder place than the Castle of Dreams where all of four people showed up to Prince Charming's ball.

At least Cinderella had little competition for Prince Charming's heart. All she had to do was be on time!

I think what made it worse was that the Grand Duke had to use a shoe to figure out who Cinderella when there were only those four people at the ball.

Goddard

It's sadder when you know Square Enix doesn't half-ass it in Final Fantasy and puts in lots of NPCs in their recent FF games and yet it's always the same "ghost town" treatment when it comes to the worlds in Kingdom Hearts.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Nah, nothing can't be worse than Olympus Coliseum in KH1. They've got a world-popular tournament going on, what with those long lists of previous tournament records on the square, but not a single person was watching.

DDD seemed particularly "dead" to me because of the huge maps and the absence of people, but I came to terms with it because, after all, the game takes place within the Realm of Sleep.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

While it does stand out, I think most of us are so used to it that it doesn't really matter anymore. At least we can rejoice in the fact that this will be fixed in KH3~

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

It's sadder when you know Square Enix doesn't half-ass it in Final Fantasy and puts in lots of NPCs in their recent FF games and yet it's always the same "ghost town" treatment when it comes to the worlds in Kingdom Hearts.

That's definitely what irritates me most about this "problem." Final Fantasy games are littered with NPCs, and they can't even manage 1 or 2 people per world in a KH game? All they'd have to do is create three basic designs and just re-color the clothes to fill a crowd. So lazy.

How is it going to be fixed in KH3 again?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Nah, nothing can't be worse than Olympus Coliseum in KH1. They've got a world-popular tournament going on, what with those long lists of previous tournament records on the square, but not a single person was watching.

DDD seemed particularly "dead" to me because of the huge maps and the absence of people, but I came to terms with it because, after all, the game takes place within the Realm of Sleep.
If you don't mind me asking, could you elaborate a bite more on why you felt that the lack of NPCs was fitting since the game took place in the RoS?

While it does stand out, I think most of us are so used to it that it doesn't really matter anymore. At least we can rejoice in the fact that this will be fixed in KH3~
Wait, it's been confirmed we're getting NPCs in KH3?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If you don't mind me asking, could you elaborate a bite more on why you felt that the lack of NPCs was fitting since the game took place in the RoL?

Realm of Sleep. "Dead" world = no people. All the world is doing is playing the last moments before its destruction over and over with key players. There aren't actually people there, essentially.

Wait, it's been confirmed we're getting NPCs in KH3?

It doesn't need to be confirmed. It's pretty obvious that with better hardware & technology and larger worlds, they will have to fill them with more than just enemies. The only reason we didn't get many NPCs before was most likely due to hardware limitations.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I didn't say it was fitting to have no people in RoL. It was in RoS, the place where the "dead" worlds are. Analogous to a quiet, silent graveyard, that the Sleeping Worlds are home to little to no people is quite natural.

davidXIIIaxel

Realm of Sleep. "Dead" world = no people. All the world is doing is playing the last moments before its destruction over and over with key players. There aren't actually people there, essentially.

It doesn't need to be confirmed. It's pretty obvious that with better hardware & technology and larger worlds, they will have to fill them with more than just enemies. The only reason we didn't get many NPCs before was most likely due to hardware limitations.
i agree with the limitations for the consoles. but this game will have them. and alot more than the other ones because of the new hardware.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I don't think I can really agree with that. Even if the worlds are "dead", I don't think that's a valid excuse to include the main inhabitants, but not the rest of the townsfolk

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

im kinda confused by that. can you elaberate for me?

I'm saying that even though sleeping worlds are in a sense "dead", that's not a good reason for them to be devoid of NPCs and yet still have the main characters ofthe films.

davidXIIIaxel

I'm saying that even though sleeping worlds are in a sense "dead", that's not a good reason for them to be devoid of NPCs and yet still have the main characters ofthe films.
ohhhh ok, i get it now. sorry i got so confused, but i see what you mean. just beacuse they are sleeping worlds doesnt mean it doesnt have to have no NPC's. it should. because now its just empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back