• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Most Memorable Boss Fights?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
The one thing almost all games have in common: Boss Fights.

I think all gamers can agree with me when I say there's a love/hate relationship with them. Love, because they provide an often worthy challenge to us players. And hate because, well, they provide a worthy challenge to us players. I didn't see a thread like this when I was browsing through the forum [if there is, feel free to get rid of this mods], but I feel like it was needed you know?

This thread is here for you to reminisce about the joys and banes of your gaming adventures, and hopefully, for us to come together and share in some mutual boss bashing [Xaldin? -_o].

I guess I'll start off.

I think THE most memorable boss fight for me was in Metal Gear Solid 3. There was this old guy The End, member of the big baddie squad that's name escapes me right now. Anyway doe, The End was a sniper, and you encounter him in this part of a jungle that had about three or four screens total.

The fight was different from anything I ever played through. It was literally a hunt. The End would hide out somewhere, and I had to find him, either with the thermal on my rifle, or just blind running around. My only hint of his location were the shots he fired, and his breathing [and at times...his snoring. Like seriously]. And if that wasn't enough, Snake, your character, had to contend with hunger levels in the wilderness. I had to take breaks from my old man hunting to go find a rabbit or something to eat.

The battle took me HOURS. And when I finally killed the old man I had one of my proudest, and fondest moments in gaming.

I heard there was a way to have The End die of old age too through saving or something. Funny right?

Anyways. That's me, but I wanna hear what you guys have had to deal with. So have at it.

Realm Walker

Bowser - Super Mario 64

The first two battles had the better soundtrack, but the final one was more awesome overall.

Giga Bowser - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Koopa Bros. - Paper Mario

Before Paper Mario, I've never seen TMNT knockoffs/wannabes in a video game. A Mario RPG, no less.

Red - Pokemon Crystal

Ansem-Possessed Riku - Kingdom Hearts (More so the cutscene than the actual fight)

Miracle Matter - Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

King K. Rool and Mad Jack - Donkey Kong 64

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Blue AKA Gary fuckin` Oak His Blastoise was beast!

Phantom Gannon, Ithink my entire family watched me lose to him

Sephiroth in his god form in Final Fantasy VII, his Super Nova attack was astounding!

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I believe if you wait a week in real time, The End does die in-game.

But that's the pussy way out

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I believe if you wait a week in real time, The End does die in-game.

But that's the pussy way out

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Cleopatra from Dante's Inferno.

Unbaptized babies + Huge bare breasts leaking out unbaptized babies + "boning" her = wat

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Gruntilda - Banjo Kazooie
GruntyBroomstick.png

Few games build up the final boss quite like BK. Her presence is continually felt through out the entire game, taunting the lead duo the whole way. The fight itself is a long drawn out battle royale that requires nearly ever move in the game. And the relative lack of bosses & how lame the few of them were made the eventual showdown feel even more significant.

Star Wolf - Star Fox 64
536px-WolfAssault.jpg

My favorite boss from my favorite game of all game. A shame they're subsequent appearances were so half-assed.

Axem Rangers - Super Mario RPG
Axemrangers.gif

Ah, the 1st time somebody had an evil power ranger team (it's a bit surprising how many times it has been done)

General Guy - Paper Mario
GeneralGuy1.jpg

You have to respect someone who can keep a bunch of rascals like the shy guys in check.

Mecha Sonic - Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic & Knuckles
Mechasonic.png

His brother Metal Sonic never quite had a proper showdown with the real Sonic. A couple of races & 3 cases of growing huge but actual proper doppelganger fights fell to Mecha instead. The real highlight came in the Knuckles mode of S&K. After being defeated yet again, he uses the Master Emerald to be the 1st in a long line of super powered final bosses in the series.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Psycho_Mantis.jpg

I think this might be my favorite boss fight of all time. The game employs a number of post-modern, fourth-wall breaking tricks to immerse you and give the illusion that he really *does* have psychic powers (most of which involve reading your memory card data and making your controller vibrate), and that he can not only read Snake's (the character's) mind, but Snake's (as in you, the player) as well (so much so that it blurs the line between the two), in order to intimidate you. I've never seen any other game do anything like that, ever.

Gram

Banned
Awards
the elite 4 and red/blue/gary from the good ol pokemon blue/red days ^ ^ such good times.
Ganon (ocarina of time)
Perfect Choas (sonic adventure 1)
the final hazard/prototype shadow from sonic adventure 2
dark link (OoT)
Ansem (kh1)
master hand (smash bros N64)

and the two most annoying bastards ive ever seen,
Rikunort (1st play thru) i replayed that one so many times the cutscene leading up to it is forever burned in my memory T^T

and above all else the Lingering Sentiment, he gave me 3 whole days of never ending hell til i finally won >:

αsiя

space coke
Master Hand from Smash Bros.
Bowser from Super Mario 64
Ansem from KH1
Dr. Cortez from Crash Bandicoot 2.
Kefka from FFVI

Awards
Lady, from Shadow hearts: From the new world...

It's the only boss fight I've had in a game in which I was dreading the final blow. (If you've played it, you'll know why)

Edit: Also, I just chased The End around and shot him up, like hell I was gonna spend hours trying to find him over and over.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
One of my favorite boss battles has to be Legend of Dragoon against the Magician known as Faust. It took searching the entire game for Stardust which is a bitch to find. Once you meet him, he like the toughest magic user in the game. His spells can one hit ko if your not prepared and his health is ridiculously high.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
One of my favorite boss battles has to be Legend of Dragoon against the Magician known as Faust. It took searching the entire game for Stardust which is a bitch to find. Once you meet him, he like the toughest magic user in the game. His spells can one hit ko if your not prepared and his health is ridiculously high.

^Agreeable...

most of my memorable fights were mostly on the N64 and my gameboy advance...
like pokemon crystal and Red version but all the pokemon games were memorable...
Final boss on Hexen for the N64 now that was hard... forgot his name.
Final Genesis from Crisis Core FF7(Because of the moment after.)
Master Hand on Super Smash bros.
Melbu Frahma from Legend of the Dragoon (why did the legend have to end that way?)
Majora's mask/incarnation/wrath from Legend of Zelda Majora's mask.(Both Regular and firce deity forms were fun)

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Xemnas: KH2
Chaos: Unlimited SaGa (Yes, somebody actually plays that game)
Saruin's 1st Form: (Romancing SaGa)
Overlord Zenon: Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
Justice: Guilty Gear X2
Seymour: FFX
Baralai: FFX2
Cortex: Crash Bandicoot 2
Solaris: Sonic 2006
Sonic and Gun General: Shadow the Hedgehog (The game was crap, but playing as an evil Shadow was bad-ass)

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
That huge ass Minatour in GoW1. Damn, he was a bitch to beat, but still fun at the same time. Oh, and the Hydra of the same game. Yeah, God of War has epic fights. Jecht was also a fun boss. Of course, Virgil was pretty freaking epic. I mean..IT'S VIRGIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back