• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Most boring game you’ve ever played?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
Just as the title says; not worst game ever, just most boring ever.

For me, it had to be FE Fates Birthright just due to all the bias in the story from both sides, not just Hoshido.

Veevee

Awards
Maybe not the most boring one, but Rogue Galaxy was a pretty strong candidate. The dungeons take ages to complete and there's no interaction for 90% of the time aside from the characters spouting the same gibberish again and again and again. The battle system is a total chore and the second half of the games is stuffed with all the clichés they avoided in the first half.

Also, gone home. I didn't find the story intriguing and being able to rotate every damn plate in the house wasn't exactly spectacular. Boooriiing - and no, I'm not hating on Walking Simulators in general, I'm hating on this one in particular.

And a rather new one: Let's Go Pikachu. It feels so small and restricted and there's not really anything to do except for catching the same Mons over and over and over and then fight battle with them everyone with half a brain cell wins instantly. I like Pokemon Go and I liked the main series, but this one only takes the worst parts of both and just remaking Kanto without improving it or adding anything new is just plain boring.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I have yet to play a 3D Sonic game that was anywhere approaching 'fun', but I hope one day to be proven wrong about such. It's statistically possible to find one 3D Sonic game I like eventually! But for now, the Adventure games, Heroes and Colors just felt so...shallow. Heroes was near-unplayable.

And I agree about Rogue Galaxy. I remember trying that one as a kid because the party system seemed similar to KH (to my delight), and...yeah. What you said.

Veevee

Awards
I have yet to play a 3D Sonic game that was anywhere approaching 'fun', but I hope one day to be proven wrong about such. It's statistically possible to find one 3D Sonic game I like eventually! But for now, the Adventure games, Heroes and Colors just felt so...shallow. Heroes was near-unplayable.

And I agree about Rogue Galaxy. I remember trying that one as a kid because the party system seemed similar to KH (to my delight), and...yeah. What you said.

For 3D Sonic games, I enjoyed Generations the most. Forces also has a few nice levels, but it is a really mixed bag because there are also some truly shitty ones.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Metal Gear Rising. Aside from the fact that I was god-awful at the game, I also didn't find it interesting in any way.
358/2 Days is also a strong candidate. I didn't like the story, so only gameplay had a chance to get me hooked. It...failed. I never finished this game and probably never will.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'm not sure how to differentiate "worst" from "boring", because boring is the worst thing a game can be.

Soldier

Awards
Definitely has to be Zoo Tycoon ultimate animal collection on the PC. I love the original zoo tycoon games with all of my heart, but there's just nothing here! part of the original charm was that you could build your own zoo and intentionally let the animals lose (i mean, they "accidentally escape") to wreak havoc on the guests. but here, you can have a lemur crawl on your arm and have pre built exhibits you can't even go in. Oh, and there are like 7 different jaguars, but they're all the same basic model. great, sounds like fun.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Beating`Rampage World tour on a PS2 arcade collection disc with infinite lives in 1 sitting. That game was never meant to be played for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Kitcat

Extinction released a year ago and despite the patches, it's still boring. I loved the trailers and all this concept similar to Attack on Titan, but more fantasy styled, was appealing. But the gameplay turned up to be extra boring and clichéd. I prefer playing this game instead of playing Extinction again. What a waste of money.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Kingdom Hearts 2 in-between the Organization 13 fights, Lingering Will and Cavern of Remembrance.
Probably a bit harsh, but what the hey, it must mean I usually delve into pretty dang good games if KH2 bored me that much!

Back