• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Most Anticipated Movies of 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricier21

Since I did a list of most anticipated TV shows, I thought I would also list and ask your guys’ top 5 most anticipated movies for this year, 2016, with an explanation as to why.

I will start by giving an honourable mention to my buddy’s movie coming out in a week (in North America anyways):

Deadpool
Release dates: Deadpool (2016) - Release Info - IMDb
Probably the craziest movie I will ever see, and as such it has no specific place on my list. I am a fan of the character, the metahumor, and the series, but I am not a fan of the swearing, and most especially not the sexual content. And I am 23 years old. I am still looking forward to the movie for its unique style and the things that I liked mentioned above.

1) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Release dates: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) - Release Info - IMDb
A Harry Potter spin off that expands more on the wizarding world! For the first time, we Harry Potter fans do not really have to compare it to a book, and can just enjoy it as a general movie! It is also from the director of one of the best Harry Potter movies, Deathly Hallows Part 1! Although I have been mixed towards his other 3 Harry Potter movies, his overall style has proven that he will do more good than bad with it. Just as long as he gives us lots of magical creatures and gives the best execution that there can be with it, then the movie should be “fantastic”
oishii-smile.png

2)Finding Dory
Release dates: Finding Dory (2016) - Release Info - IMDb
Next to Toy Story 4, it is probably my most anticipated Pixar sequel. Very excited to see what happens next in their world! As long as Pixar does not take things too far, and remembers the essence of who they are and what makes their movies great, then the movie should be fine!

3) The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Release dates: The Divergent Series: Allegiant (2016) - Release Info - IMDb
This 3rd Divergent movie looks like it could potentially be the best in the series yet! The movie will fundamentally expand on concepts of topian futures adding on some interesting science fiction elements not previously explored in the genre. It will also continue to dive into the depth of poignant character development that the series is so adept with. Plus, leading actress Shailene Woodely has never looked more beautiful!

4) Captain America: Civil War
Release dates: Captain America: Civil War (2016) - Release Info - IMDb
AKA The Avengers: Civil War as all but two of the Avengers (Thor and Hulk) will be in the movie, plus Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Spider-Man, the latter two being my two favorite superheroes! On that note, this movie would have been ranked higher on my list had Andrew Garfield remained as Spider-Man. Most people should realize that had he stayed on they would have been able to follow the comic book storyline of Civil War more closely, as it would have tied in greatly with the Amazing Spider-Man series to have him reveal his identity after all the trauma with Gwen, Harry, his parents and the new drama within Civil War itself. While I can understand why they had to reboot Spidey AGAIN, it still feels like a greatly missed opportunity. Still, its from the directors of one of Marvel’s best movies ever, Winter Solider, and as noted, continues however slightly off of their another of their best movies ever, Ant-Man.

5) X-Men Apocalypse
Release dates: X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) - Release Info - IMDb
Should be very interesting to see where they go with this film, with the inclusion of younger versions of the X-Men characters that we know and love from the previous movies (including the much awaited return of Nightcrawler!). The addition of new characters and promised “disaster movie”-like action not seen in the previous movies should also be neat to see.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
1. deadpool - "X GON GIVE IT TO YA"
2. captain am3rica - avengers 2.8 final prologue
3. doctor strange - cumberpatch kids
4. BvS: Dawn of Justice - "do you bleed? diana, this is important to me"
5. suicide squad - jusdick league
6. x men apocalypse - evil star wars turtle
7. the good guys - almost-joker and jor-el
8. fantastic beasts and where to find them - "you're a hairy, I'm a wizard"
9. zootopia - where the furries lie
10. moana - smell what the rock is cooking

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards
My anticipated movies for this year include:

Deadpool - Marvel
Moana - Disney

redcrown

Awards
1. Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them - I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd, and think Eddie Redmayne is a good and sincere actor.
This is the one I'm truly pumped for, so everything else is second or lower.

2. Finding Dory - if it will be on par with the first one then I'll like to see it
3. Zootopia - jokes look okay, Disney animal films making a comeback, and I'm hoping for some character drama, because Never Trust a Trailer to show anything but gags if it's an animated film
4. Moana- concept and visual looks nice and fresh

As for Deadpool, I'm not a fan of superhero movies, but he looks slightly interesting. I might just watch it online at most.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back