• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Most Annoying Way To Gain the Ultima Weapon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So what Kingdom Hearts game has the most annoying method to gain the Ultima Weapon? It does not really have to be difficult but just annoying, tedious, or just does not make any sense sometimes.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Eh, still gotta go with KH1 for me. Love that game, but the requirements for that Ultima Weapon are a barrier skill can only get you so far with. Lots of luck and repetitive farming involved.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Lol I figured this would be the first response.

This even more annoying than having to complete all of BBS's Mirage Arena? And even then the keyblade is outclassed by Royal Radiance in Final Mix.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mh, I guess it depends. I'd take getting one BbS Ultima Weapon over the KH1 everyday, but I don't know about all three of them.

Meow Wow

Awards
kh1 is still the worst to get the ultima weapon. Nothing like hours upon hours of farming. At least BbS is broken so you can get to a high level and just wipe the floor with everything...that's what I did, at least...

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Meh, I feel the opposite. I don't like how BBS or DDD did the Ultima Weapon because you get them for clearing some of the hardest enemies as it is. At least when you synthesize it you can level grind simultaneously and train for the superbosses more all at the same time. And then use it to actually help defeat them. It just feels better to me. If they did some other way to get it where that is still possible, I guess I would not mind. But I really don't find synthesize in KH1 or 2 to be that bad compared to some other JRPGs.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Meh, I feel the opposite. I don't like how BBS or DDD did the Ultima Weapon because you get them for clearing some of the hardest enemies as it is. At least when you synthesize it you can level grind simultaneously and train for the superbosses more all at the same time. And then use it to actually help defeat them. It just feels better to me. If they did some other way to get it where that is still possible, I guess I would not mind. But I really don't find synthesize in KH1 or 2 to be that bad compared to some other JRPGs.
DDD does it a tad worse imo. Since you get from Julius who is a boss you can only unlock AFTER completing the story (like CoM). Then again I HATE doing the board games and races in BBS to unlock the Ultima Weapon which isn't even the best weapon in the game.

KH2 has the easiest way to unlock it but once again it's not the best in the game. Since all the keyblades in that game are "equally" good depending on the situation. Plus, Decisive Pumpkin I believe does equal damage to Ultima Weapon thanks to Combo Boost.

KH1's Ultima Weapon imo was the definitive BEST keyblade in the game due to how versatile it is. It has the longest reach (like OWA), increases your MP by 2 (like Lady Luck), has great critical rates (like Oathkeeper), and has amazing strength (like Divine Rose). This makes it great for ALL battles/boss fights/timed trials.

It just takes so long to get. Plus, with the FM's various EXP accessories and Tech Boosts it would not be hard at all to get to level 100 either especially when you are farming various items to get it. It would not be so unreasonable to finish the game using Diamond Dust, Divine Rose, or Lionheart.

Tempo

Awards
re:coded and DDD. not annoying because of any sort of grinding/farming or because they may or may not take a long time to get, but because ultima weapon is supposed to be the "best weapon" and you can only obtain it in those two games from beating the entire game and then beating the now-available optional dungeon/boss, the hardest parts of the games. if you can beat all that, what the hell do you need the "strongest weapon" for in the first place? (this is also part of the reason why i'm not big on post-endgame content. i prefer having everything achievable in one playthrough, personally)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh, KH II is def the easiest (Final Mix only made it slightly more annoying since you have to gather also the new materials, meaning doing one mushroom and at least half of the Cavern)
KH1 however has you doing EVERY other recipe before even unlocking UW, with the exception of the new staff and shield introduced in the Final Mix. It does, however, mean you still have to clear even the special Heartless' minigames multiple times.
It's like if in KH II you have to do all the Mushroom XIII in order to get Ultima.
It's the worst.

Honestly, I never cared for when I can unlock it. With the exception of KH1 and KH II I always saw Ultima Weapon as a collectible rather than something I NEEDED for the postgame (also because as we all noted in other games it isn't even the strongest one) so it's whatever for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back