• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mortality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
154141_10150340245745697_617090696_15613715_2687657_n.jpg

This is just a really quick rough sketch of what's to come. It's very personal for me as you can see, because I'm using myself as the model for this one (as well as 3 - 4 others).
Once I've added more detail to it you'll be able to see some voodoo skeleton paint showing through on my body as well as a scythe in my right hand (holding it behind myself).
The idea of this piece being that everyone's got to fight with Time, Mortality/Grim Reaper/Death is just a part of life whether you're aware of it or not.
No matter how hard you try one can never truly escape it.

I'm kinda starting to not like the medium I'm working on though, Bristol Board Smooth isn't very "smooth" when it comes to shading and the tones tend to smudge rather than blend unlike Vellum paper (I didn't realize I had a different type of paper until I started drawing, sadly).

I'll be using this as a model for the skeleton designs I'll be drawing on my skin. I'm unsure if I'm going to color the rest of my skin solid black or if I'll just have my normal skin tone, either way I know how to make the details pop out.

http://www.sjdigitalsculptor.com/1.arts/Skeleton/1.jpg

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Can't wait to see it when you put the themes in it, pretty awesome concept. Right now I'd just say work on the head a bit more, it kiiiiiiiiiiiiinda looks a tad bit small. May just be the odd perspective, may be you having wide shoulders.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I thought the same thing when I first started but it's just because my head it tilted backwards and my hair's slicked back (which you can't see much of) so you don't get a full on perspective of proportion. The fact that the reference photo was taken beneath me makes things seem a little bit more off.
It's a little off putting I will admit, but once I put in the details everything should start look as it's supposed to.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
To me, his nose looks humongous. But I guess that's because of the perspective.
I do love this, though, and can't wait for it to be finished. ♥

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I do know you are, but I don't happen to remember what you look like lol.
But okay, got that now. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back