• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More X-Men Movies Confirmed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
Despite the stupid title "X-Men: The Last Stand", Fox Head Tom Rothman has all but confirmed that there will indeed be an X-Men 4, and probably more after that as well. Now it's all well and good for him to say that now... but if X-Men 3 is a bomb (which we all know it won't be... even if it sucks) then those words will be quickly eaten.

So why the title "The Last Stand" then? Well, according to the good folks over at Movie Hole, Rothman offers the following explanation:

“It's the conclusion of this trilogy. These three movies work as a trilogy. These characters in this relationship, it's the culmination of that saga. It's the culmination and the resolution of those relationships laid out in the first two movies. That doesn't mean never, I would ever say never again, but I will say that this brings that saga to an end. It's quite the way the last Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, brought that trilogy to a conclusion in terms of those characters, that's what this movie does. It goes all the way back to the first one and rounds off and completes that three-part story”.

Perhaps someone should tell Rothman that the end of the Lord of the Rings was indeed actually the end of the whole series. He might have missed that part.

So all this talk of "this is the end of THIS saga". This particular story line in X-Men is indeed finished... but there are more to come. Heck... the Wolverine spinoff is basically going to be X-Men 4 with a new title. Make no mistake... there will be MANY more X-Movies.

Let's hope it works out. Thus far the X-Men have been my favorite comic film franchise (yes, even more than Spider-Man) and I'd hate to see it go down the toilet.

Source: MovieBlog

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
YES!!!!
This has made my day! I can't wait to see the next title...

But I think we all could have geussed it would have to be a new saga, after that ending...

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
yeah if you stayed after the credits and saw the rest of the ending it made it clear that another one would be made, they wouldnt end it like that

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Oh thanks so much. I was a little pissed after thinking that the Last Stand would be last. I mean that haven't even shown all the characters yet. Another great thing to add to my day.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Ok, first of all, that is totally shitty news. Having a movie all based upon certain characters? Wtf Hollywood is BOUND to **** the original stories up and cause a commotion between true X-men fans and those who just think they know because they saw the movie. I'll be expecting bad story lines and plots and a LOT of critism from die-hard X-men fans. I myself will be harshly criticising the new movies if they do not properly follow the original character plots.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Balmung102 said:
Ok, first of all, that is totally shitty news. Having a movie all based upon certain characters? Wtf Hollywood is BOUND to **** the original stories up and cause a commotion between true X-men fans and those who just think they know because they saw the movie. I'll be expecting bad story lines and plots and a LOT of critism from die-hard X-men fans. I myself will be harshly criticising the new movies if they do not properly follow the original character plots.

I'm kind of sick of this attitude. If you look at the movies by themselves, they are great action movies. Yet, when comparing to the comics they suck. Sorry, but Hollywood has shown time and time again that they don't want to be bound by an already written story. They want their own spin. You will never have an exact replica of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back