• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More Vjump Scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
More latin? I'm noticing a trend for this game...

Anywho, finally we have a name for the er... Mask. {I still may call him DS since it's kind of grown on me though...}

State

Awards
More latin? I'm noticing a trend for this game...

Anywho, finally we have a name for the er... Mask. {I still may call him DS since it's kind of grown on me though...}

sora, kairi, riku, terra, aqua and ventus are latin names, surely, some of them may share a connection with "vanitas" since it's a latin name...

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Is it just me, or is MX at Disney Castle? I also notice they've altered MX's outfit and that he's wearing the same shoes as O13. Might be a clue or something.

it seems like it

the windows on the left have mickey symbols on them

Awards
i decided to do a small translation of the name "Vanitas" and guess what appeard? "Other"... Xehanort has "Another" in his name, minus the "An" and you have "Other".

In latin it actually means "Emptiness".

(Heh, he takes off his helmet annnd..... damn, empty.)

Oh and Vanitas sounds alot like Ventus.... another hint at my theory?

Soren

Awards
Did anybody else notice that Vanitus' Keyblade has the eye from Riku's Soul Eater sowrd on it in two different places?

Awards
In the arts, vanitas is a type of symbolic still life painting commonly executed by Northern European painters in Flanders and the Netherlands in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The term vanitas itself refers to the arts, learning and time. The word is Latin, meaning "emptiness" and loosely translated corresponds to the meaninglessness of earthly life and the transient nature of vanity

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Yeah, I did. I also noticed that it's the same that MX wielded in the FM+ secret ending. I wonder if they changed that though...

EDIT: Aimed at Soren

Allister Rose

French Lover
In the arts, vanitas is a type of symbolic still life painting commonly executed by Northern European painters in Flanders and the Netherlands in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The term vanitas itself refers to the arts, learning and time. The word is Latin, meaning "emptiness" and loosely translated corresponds to the meaninglessness of earthly life and the transient nature of vanity

i keep getting infrequentia, not vanitas.

you seem to be 100% sure though, what makes you so sure?

Allister Rose

French Lover
I'm an artist. Sometimes Languages have many words for one of our words, so my bet is we're both right.

an artist =/= translator.

but still.....vanitas does not appear in online translation websites, as much i try.

i dont believe vanitas is a direct translation to anything

Liege

Apparently, Ansem's apprentices are also featured in this multi-page article.

*Crosses fingers for more renders*

peachie

Ha, you copied and pasted that straight from wikipedia.

Vanitas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State

Awards
an artist =/= translator.

but still.....vanitas does not appear in online translation websites, as much i try.

i dont believe vanitas is a direct translation to anything

most video game names are taken from other cultures, and art is part of culture, ms. direction.

try babel fish or google.

keep trying.

Allister Rose

French Lover
most video game names are taken from other cultures, and art is part of culture, ms. direction.

try babel fish or google.

keep trying.

the first part isnt really part of the discussion. i'm rely saying that being an artist isnt the ultimate proof to knowing other languages.

i tried about 5 online translators in google including the official google translator, i dont know what babel fish is but i'll check that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back