• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More title speculations....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

haX

Hanging out in the Back Alley in Twilight Town
I'm sorry if this is supposed to be in the 'Days sticky or whatever, so just bear with me.

First of all, I'd like to say that I always thought I'd be the last to create a thread like this, as I normally find theorizing and speculations end up being redundant and boring and such. That said, I had (what I think is) a great idea last night as to the meaning of 358/2 Days. Now, I couldn't remember if it was 3-5-8-over-2 Days or if it was 3-5-8 Days Over-2, so as I was trying to remember I came up with ideas for both meanings. I still can't remember which is the correct way of saying, so could someone please tell me which is the correct way?

Anyway, on to the theories:

3-5-8 Days Over-2: This one, I thought could mean that the game takes place within the time span of 358 days, but over the course of 2 stories. (Think CoM/Reverse Rebirth) Like, one "story" might last 150 days, leaving 208 for the other, or any combination you could think of.

3-5-8-Over-2 Days: This one I took to mean that 358 things/events/tasks happen over the course of 2 days. Remember, 'Days is based on Roxas' time in the Org and as such, you'll be doing lots of missions and such, right? Well, that's the thought behind this one. You will do 358 missions over the course of 2 days. Unlikely, sure, but it's a possibility.

So, that's my theory. Again, I never thought I'd be one to do something like this, but I thought this was pretty good. Feel free to flame/disprove/theory-rape/whatever you want. Oh, and voice your general opinions, too.

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
3-5-8-Over-2 Days: This one I took to mean that 358 things/events/tasks happen over the course of 2 days. Remember, 'Days is based on Roxas' time in the Org and as such, you'll be doing lots of missions and such, right? Well, that's the thought behind this one. You will do 358 missions over the course of 2 days. Unlikely, sure, but it's a possibility.
That's what I was thinking it meant. But I don't know, maybe we really will have to play the game to get the full meaning of it.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
3-5-8 Days Over-2: This one, I thought could mean that the game takes place within the time span of 358 days, but over the course of 2 stories. (Think CoM/Reverse Rebirth) Like, one "story" might last 150 days, leaving 208 for the other, or any combination you could think of.
That would be interesting..But I'd think itd rather be 358 for two people, rather than dividing the time amongst them.

If that is the case, I wonder who the other person would be. I'd hope for 14th member, if that was the case.

haX

That's what I was thinking it meant. But I don't know, maybe we really will have to play the game to get the full meaning of it.
I'm sure we will, and I thought that one was a bit unlikely, because it would be rather hard to fit 358 tasks into 2 days...

That would be interesting..But I'd think itd rather be 358 for two people, rather than dividing the time amongst them.

If that is the case, I wonder who the other person would be. I'd hope for 14th member, if that was the case.
Could be, who knows?

Yeah, that's the only problem I can see with this one, because it couldn't be Sora, as he was in Castle Oblivion at this point in time, so it's not like everyone's like "OMG! What is teh Sora doin?!?"

yugi300

Well interesting but I believe it is pronounced 3-5-8 Over 2 Days!

RikusGaurdian

I agree, the meaning could mean what happens to two people (Roxas and XIVth?) over the course of 358 Days.

A

Audo

I'm sorry if this is supposed to be in the 'Days sticky or whatever, so just bear with me.

First of all, I'd like to say that I always thought I'd be the last to create a thread like this, as I normally find theorizing and speculations end up being redundant and boring and such. That said, I had (what I think is) a great idea last night as to the meaning of 358/2 Days. Now, I couldn't remember if it was 3-5-8-over-2 Days or if it was 3-5-8 Days Over-2, so as I was trying to remember I came up with ideas for both meanings. I still can't remember which is the correct way of saying, so could someone please tell me which is the correct way?

Anyway, on to the theories:

So, that's my theory. Again, I never thought I'd be one to do something like this, but I thought this was pretty good. Feel free to flame/disprove/theory-rape/whatever you want. Oh, and voice your general opinions, too.

Nomura says that it's 3-5-8 Days Over 2, which just proves he doesn't know much about math. If it was like the title should be 358 Days/2. Not the way he has it.
And i wouldn't pronounce it 3-5-8 either. I say it 3-58.

But I digress.

I agree with you on the theory/speculation for 3-5-8 Days Over 2.
It makes a lot of sense. But, I should point out that a year is 365 days. Roxas had been a live for a year. Minus the 7 days in KH2 = 358.
The 2 could just be referring to Sora who would be sleeping in his pod at CO + Twilight Town.

But in the case that it isn't Sora. I believe it could be the 14th member.

AsYrsGoBy said:

If it were the 14th member, she wouldn't be given all 358 days I don't believe. It's been confirmed that she 'leaves/dies/whathaveyou' during the course of the first player game.
Whether that simply means she 'l/d/w's by the 358th day is unseen. If that is the case then it could easily be both her and Roxas.
But the fact that it is 358 Days split over 2 would imply that you only have 358 days and it is split among two people. (like how the topic poster put it). Perhaps it means for some missions/days we play as the 14th? Or maybe it only has a meaning story wise, and not gameplay (meaning we dont play as her and the story is just that they both only had 358 days or something).

I don't know, lol.

haX

Nomura says that it's 3-5-8 Days Over 2, which just proves he doesn't know much about math. If it was like the title should be 358 Days/2. Not the way he has it.
And i wouldn't pronounce it 3-5-8 either. I say it 3-58.

But I digress.

I agree with you on the theory/speculation for 3-5-8 Days Over 2.
It makes a lot of sense. But, I should point out that a year is 365 days. Roxas had been a live for a year. Minus the 7 days in KH2 = 358.
The 2 could just be referring to Sora who would be sleeping in his pod at CO + Twilight Town.

But in the case that it isn't Sora. I believe it could be the 14th member.
Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Y'know, I never thought about the year thing like that before. That would make a lot of sense, too.

State

Awards
My opinion is that 358 days is supposed to be divided by 2 and equalls a result of the hallf of these days and are distinguished by the days Roxas was in the org and the days Sora's memories began to enter Roxas's mind. But that's just me.

Apollo

Silver Member
My opinion is that 358 days is supposed to be divided by 2 and equalls a result of the hallf of these days and are distinguished by the days Roxas was in the org and the days Sora's memories began to enter Roxas's mind. But that's just me.

Thats what I think also. It just seems to make more sense to me.

I also like the idea Riku-Keyblade had about it being split between two people(Roxas, and 14th member)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back