• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More spam than creative?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight power

I dont mean to make a big deal out of this but its getting out of hand.
Nearly every thread I see theres pointless posts like "I agree with____",
"Hi", "I dont think you are right"

Dont get me wrong most people actually post creatively but I find that most people are just patheticly posting away to get a better post count

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I think that most of the posts like that are posted by n00bs who haven't gotten the hang of posting yet, cause whenever I see one of those its usually a person's first post or something like it. Anyway I don't see too many posts like that, so I'm not that concerned

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
I agree, I do that every once in a while, but that is only when i have nothing constructive or deconstructive to say about it.

M

MegaFlare

Twilight power said:
I dont mean to make a big deal out of this but its getting out of hand.
Nearly every thread I see theres pointless posts like "I agree with____",
"Hi", "I dont think you are right"

Dont get me wrong most people actually post creatively but I find that most people are just patheticly posting away to get a better post count

Does anyone else feel the same way?

If you expect us to get rid of things like "I agree with ___" and "I dont think you're right sorry" or "??????????????? Im confused wut do u mean?" then 8/10 of the KH2 section would be gone.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
yeah, maybe they should not n00b out as much. most of the post i see are either, "GJ dude nice find" which i say from time to time,or something constructive

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
MegaFlare said:
If you expect us to get rid of things like "I agree with ___" and "I dont think you're right sorry" or "??????????????? Im confused wut do u mean?" then 8/10 of the KH2 section would be gone.
Ah, but would that necessarily be such a bad thing?

I actually have no opinion whatsoever, not having dared venture into the KH2 section since my first days here, so this is about as close to a "spam" post as I'll get- but that quote was just killing me unanswered...

One more:
pwn3d to the max said:
I agree, I do that every once in a while, but that is only when i have nothing constructive or deconstructive to say about it.
Forums are admittedly not the most desirable of places for learning new vocabulary, but I have to admit- I had no clue that "deconstructive" was actually a word. My thanks to pwn3d.

Alright, fine, I'll mention something on the topic itself, simply because I'll feel like I'm spamming otherwise (darned conscience). I would like to know what precisely labels a post as "spamming"? Is there a difference between "???????????????huh???" and "elaborate on this point please."? My entire post here was largely useless, yet it went well above 5 characters- does that make it more "acceptable" than one who can confine themselves to a single sentence?

I am actually curious on the matter, as I've never been able to pin down a solid understanding of the term "spam" here. It's like n00b- far too vague and flexible for me.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Hidden, as usual, has brought up a good point. Is it spam if you can say everything you need to say in just a few words?

Hidden, you are most wise for avoiding the KH2 section.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Square Ninja said:
Hidden, as usual, has brought up a good point. Is it spam if you can say everything you need to say in just a few words?
No, and I've always thought that way. Simplicity is just as profound as complexity and expatiation.

Hidden, you are most wise for avoiding the KH2 section.
Yes.

Neverfate

If there were some kind of ranking/post limit system created, I think that it would cut down on spamming tremendously. If you only have a limited amount of posts you can make then you're not so liberal with them. I often leave the boards for months because of the pointless posting.

If you can only make a certain amount of posts over a certain amount of time you'll get less of the "Yeah, I agree with <user>." posts. If a newb could only make 5 - 10 posts per 24 hours, that could cut it down.

This is just a suggestion that would address the spam problem. I'm sure I could have eleaborated on this, but I'm jsut trying to get the general idea out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back