• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More of a possibility of KH on Wii U?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

noheartx

I remember back awhile ago, when the E3 lists first came out, that there was a Kingdom Hearts Cafe, for project Cafe, now named Wii U. Well, now I've found even more prrof of that.

[Update]: Square Enix Looking Into Wii U - News - www.GameInformer.com

This is a story on GameInformer that said that Square Enix was was interested in the Wii U for Dragon Quest, but SE recently said that they are indeed interested in the Wii U, just not for Dragon Quest. Does this mean that it could possibly be Kingdom Hearts? Interpret it as you will, but this could be a hint.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I could see a KH game on the Wii-U better than I could see a KH game on the Wii, personally.

Though, it would certainly be a big first for the KH series. Sure, there's been side-games on the GBA and DS, not to mention DDD will be for the 3DS, but this would mark the first time that a KH game was made for a non-handheld system that wasn't some sort of Playstation.

State

Awards
Besides being the first KH on a Nintendo home-console, it'll be the first HD KH. :>

State

Awards
This would be assuming that it comes out before KH3 on the PS3.
PS3 does count as HD, right?

Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 are all High-Definition home-consoles.

Theart

Awards
Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 are all High-Definition home-consoles.

That's what I thought.

So it would really depend on whether or not this rumored Wii U game is released prior to KH3 on the PS3.

Unless of course, KH3 was released on both consoles.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
That's what I thought.

So it would really depend on whether or not this rumored Wii U game is released prior to KH3 on the PS3.

Unless of course, KH3 was released on both consoles.
I don't think Nomura is planning to make any KH games before KH3 other than DDD and BbSv2 (since DDD is supposed to lead directly into KH3), so it seems most likely that if a KH game were to come out for Wii U, it would be KH3 or a later title. Hopefully KH3, for all us poor Nintendo fans.

noheartx

i Really would not like it to be on the Wii U. I wasn't a fan of the Wii, and nothing about the Wii U grabs my attention. I mean the controller is cool, but that's it. And I don;t wanna have to shell out the money for another consoloe. I'm allready saving up for a PS3.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Since the Wii U is a more powerful device than the Wii,i see that the chances of KH3 being on PS3 or Wii U are even.actually,i think getting ported from one device to another is also a high probability

Theart

Awards
I don't think Nomura is planning to make any KH games before KH3 other than DDD and BbSv2 (since DDD is supposed to lead directly into KH3), so it seems most likely that if a KH game were to come out for Wii U, it would be KH3 or a later title. Hopefully KH3, for all us poor Nintendo fans.

Considering we haven't had a KH game released on more than one platform (unless you count the RE: entries), my guess is that it'd probably be for the next arc after the Xehanort Arc.

I mean, it's possible that it'd be KH3, but I'm leaning towards a game in the next arc.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't know how it would work on the WiiU.

As in, mechanics 'n' stuff.

It's just like on a PS3 or Xbox 360. sure fewer buttoms (I think) but the touch screen (which I don't like) makes up for it. it's supposed to be atleast as powerfull as a PS3, the only question is what disc-format it will be using.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
God I hope not. Wii can stay well away from the KH series, at least until after KH3 and everyone stops caring. Seriously, can you imagine trying to fight with that stupid controller? Nup, gimme KH3 on PS3 and then you can make a million re: titles for the Wii-u for all I care

State

Awards
I don't think Nomura is planning to make any KH games before KH3 other than DDD
and BbSv2 (since DDD is supposed to lead directly into KH3), so it seems most likely that if a KH game were to come out for Wii U, it would be KH3 or a later title. Hopefully KH3, for all us poor Nintendo fans.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. was not even in Tetsuya Nomura's head. When Nintendo approached him and asked if he was willing to develop a Kingdom Hearts game for the Nintendo 3DS, he complied and started development for KH3D. In other words, if Nintendo asks Nomura to make a game for the Wii U, I suppose he will be willing to make one (whether it has to do with the Xehanort saga or not).

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's just like on a PS3 or Xbox 360. sure fewer buttoms (I think) but the touch screen (which I don't like) makes up for it. it's supposed to be atleast as powerfull as a PS3, the only question is what disc-format it will be using.

It uses a proprietary disc format with 25 GB's of space.

Lingering Night

I don't see why not. I'd love to have a KH game on the Wii U. As the most powerful of the current consoles, and the versatility of the controller, it could make for a great game. It'd be weird for me to see KH3 on it, but I'd try it. So yeah, all the power to the Wii U.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. was not even in Tetsuya Nomura's head. When Nintendo approached him and asked if he was willing to develop a Kingdom Hearts game for the Nintendo 3DS, he complied and started development for KH3D. In other words, if Nintendo asks Nomura to make a game for the Wii U, I suppose he will be willing to make one (whether it has to do with the Xehanort saga or not).

He had been hinting at a Mystery Game which connected to the BCD Trilogy ever since before the release of Days. That game being 3D. So, this game would of been made no matter what. Nintendo approaching him didn't lead to the creation of a new KH game, only the idea of putting the game he had planned on 3DS.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
God I hope not. Wii can stay well away from the KH series, at least until after KH3 and everyone stops caring. Seriously, can you imagine trying to fight with that stupid controller? Nup, gimme KH3 on PS3 and then you can make a million re: titles for the Wii-u for all I care
It has all the regular buttons of a PS3 or Xbox 360 controller plus a touchscreen. How could it possibly be any worse than PS3? Nomura could literally port KH3 directly from PS3, leave all the controls exactly the same, and just put a map or whatever on the touchscreen.

Also, I hope that from now on SE starts to port the KH games, like KH3 for Wii U and PS3. I mean seriously, they aren't earning money from the hardware sales they're generating. Why not port the games, since KH now has a strong Nintendo-based following? And with the Wii U, the controls could be transferred virtually unchanged. There would be very little work involved, other than the usual porting procedure.

Lingering Night

It has all the regular buttons of a PS3 or Xbox 360 controller plus a touchscreen. How could it possibly be any worse than PS3? Nomura could literally port KH3 directly from PS3, leave all the controls exactly the same, and just put a map or whatever on the touchscreen.

Also, I hope that from now on SE starts to port the KH games, like KH3 for Wii U and PS3. I mean seriously, they aren't earning money from the hardware sales they're generating. Why not port the games, since KH now has a strong Nintendo-based following? And with the Wii U, the controls could be transferred virtually unchanged. There would be very little work involved, other than the usual porting procedure.

Amen to that. Finally, someone who gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back