• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Monolith Soft (Xenoblade Chronicles thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
A_750_1334.jpg

Happy 20th Anniversary Monolith Soft.

I cannot wait for Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition! This is my favourite game of all time so a HD remake is deserved.
I never did get to do finish Xenoblade Chronicles. I never had the Wii version, and I tried the 3DS version but it was too big a game on too small a system. Now that I have the Switch I'll be able to actually enjoy it. Looking forward to it.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I never did get to do finish Xenoblade Chronicles. I never had the Wii version, and I tried the 3DS version but it was too big a game on too small a system. Now that I have the Switch I'll be able to actually enjoy it. Looking forward to it.

A lot of people could not get themselves into Xenoblade Chronicles because it wasn't the most graphically appealing game. The HD coat of paint should hopefully give the game the popularity that it deserves on a platform that values role playing games.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I downloaded it on my Wii U via the Wii's Virtual Console. I enjoyed it, but only got half-way through. Open-world games can easily burn me out, haha.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
A lot of people could not get themselves into Xenoblade Chronicles because it wasn't the most graphically appealing game. The HD coat of paint should hopefully give the game the popularity that it deserves on a platform that values role playing games.
I probably could've gotten over that if I had the Wii version, but for me on the 3DS it made everything so tiny and hard to see. The game was definitely made to play on a TV lol.

What little I did play of it I enjoyed though! Super hyped to play all the way through it.

Veevee

Awards

What actually bothered me was the size of the subtitles. They were so hard to read, small and in a mismatched colour.
Oh and I remember not being too fond of the battle system, but part of that was that I found the text tutorial bombs too frequent and hard to grasp .. to my excuse, I could only play this on a former friend's Wii occasionally, so it was hard for me to dig in and I felt the game had kind of a difficult entry. When it releases for Switch next year, I'll be sure to dive in properly this time.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I own Xenoblade Chronicles on both Wii and 3ds. I beat it on the Wii, never did finish it on 3ds, but I'm definitely down to triple dip and play the game again on Switch! Now we just need Xenoblade X on Switch!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Just a reminder for everybody that Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is out for the Nintendo Switch.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I still need to play Xenoblade 2. I bought the special edition and was PUMPED for it because the original on Wii was so good, and then I even bought the SE Definitive Edition of 1 on Switch but have yet to play it too. I'm falling behind on you, Xenoblade, but I still love you!

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I just finished XBC1 (DE) for the very first time; it made me a sobbing mess for the last hour or so. Affected me emotionally in a way games rarely do (KH, NieR, occasionally FF… that’s it, really). And friggin Yoko on the soundtrack too. Can’t believe I slept on this game for so long. I enjoyed it the whole way through but wasn’t sure how much it would slip into easy, hollow JRPG tropes in the end. But it hit every note so well, in a way most JRPGs that culminate in killing a god tend to fall short of these days. A perfect JRPG, in my opinion.

Stoked for the rest of the series.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I just finished XBC1 (DE) for the very first time; it made me a sobbing mess for the last hour or so. Affected me emotionally in a way games rarely do (KH, NieR, occasionally FF… that’s it, really). And friggin Yoko on the soundtrack too. Can’t believe I slept on this game for so long. I enjoyed it the whole way through but wasn’t sure how much it would slip into easy, hollow JRPG tropes in the end. But it hit every note so well, in a way most JRPGs that culminate in killing a god tend to fall short of these days. A perfect JRPG, in my opinion.

Stoked for the rest of the series.
Following up on this months later, just finished XC2 last night (played Torna first, no regrets). Didn’t think it would top XC1 for me, but by the end I was absolutely proven wrong. Hit me in the gut more times than I can count. The whole last 3 chapters…. in contention for my favorite climax to any game I’ve ever played, wtf.

Feel like I need to consume Takahashi’s entire canon now. After XC3, thinking I’ll pick up Xenosaga. Has anyone here played Xenoblade Chronicles X? I’m intrigued, but have heard it’s a bit underwhelming on story, which is the main draw for me with these games.

Back