• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Monolith Soft (Xenoblade Chronicles thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 & Xenoblade Chronicles X for Switch

I'm with Fudge: generic anime is a no-no for me. Plus after getting used to Xenoblade's British dub, wonder how I'll feel with the US dub, haha.

Spem

Awards

If you still own a PlayStation 3, you should be able to play Xenogears. It’s a predecessor of sorts from the same director. It’s available on the PlayStation store. The storytelling is a reflection of deep and philosophical the Xeno franchise can be.

If you want to play Xenoblade Chronicles, you can either play it on the Wii U Virtual Console or on the New 3DS. Play this game, it is a fundamental for all hardcore gamers. It mixes a JRPG storytelling with a western MMORPG combat and exploration style.

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3. I didn't know the first Xenoblade was ported to 3DS, but it only works on New 3DS?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Alpha Baymax said:
There’s two factors to this. Firstly, it’s still deep in development, but more importantly, this is an international presentation. It’s better to give the most spotlight to the upcoming games and noticeable franchises.
So instead of talking about a game people are actually interested in they spent almost half of the conference talking about 1 2 Switch and the boxing game?

I think it's more a poorly designed conference that didn't highlight its gems, other than Zelda, well.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3. I didn't know the first Xenoblade was ported to 3DS, but it only works on New 3DS?
Yes, it's New3DS exclusive. :<

So instead of talking about a game people are actually interested in they spent almost half of the conference talking about 1 2 Switch and the boxing game?

I think it's more a poorly designed conference that didn't highlight its gems, other than Zelda, well.

The conference was horrendously designed. They could have named it the Joycon Presentation. All that time they spent on the Joycons, "1, 2, Switch" and ARMS could have been time spent on talking about games they didn't present on the show, but did so on the last trailer before presenting Breath of the Wild.

But on the topic of Xenoblade, hopefully 2 is a spiritual successor much to what each FINAL FANTASY title is to one another.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Im so glad Xenoblade is getting a sequel. And if X gets a port that'll be amazing. However Im a little ticked since eI've already got the game on Wii U.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Indeed. I loved the VA of the first game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

[video=youtube;NKumZYoEix0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKumZYoEix0&t=0s[/video]

TIME TO BUY MYSELF A NINTENDO SWITCH!

Seriously, I am so surprised that this game is still scheduled to release for 2017. Having two Monolith Soft studios has really benefited Nintendo!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Oh hey nomura designed a character

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

The game looks absolutely gorgeous, but it's a shame they went with more generic character designs for the genre. Regardless, the British dub sounds great and I have zero doubt that it will have a fantastic story and gameplay.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

The game looks so good, but I'm still so turned off by the generic anime style of the characters (the faces and cel-shadedness, not so much the designs themselves.) The characters in the first game were so pretty. ;~;

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

The game looks absolutely gorgeous, but it's a shame they went with more generic character designs for the genre. Regardless, the British dub sounds great and I have zero doubt that it will have a fantastic story and gameplay.

Judging by the voices, I do hear some American voices as well. I think that Nintendo of America is dealing with the dubbing, but they're diversifying the regional voice cast so it's reminiscent of the first game.

The game looks so good, but I'm still so turned off by the generic anime style of the characters (the faces and cel-shadedness, not so much the designs themselves.) The characters in the first game were so pretty. ;~;

Nobody has yet to ask Takahashi as to why the art style changed. Regardless, this game may be Wind Waker 2.0, unappealing to look at from first glance, but over time it ages well and becomes a revered classic.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Nobody has yet to ask Takahashi as to why the art style changed. Regardless, this game may be Wind Waker 2.0, unappealing to look at from first glance, but over time it ages well and becomes a revered classic.
What's funny is I immediately accepted Wind Waker's art style with open arms and couldn't understand why some people were put off by it. XD

After my last comment, it came to me just WHY does this style bother me so much. Thinking it over, I actually don't actually mind the art style at all, but that it makes me think "Tales of game" instead of "Xenoblade game".

Do we know if this game is a true sequel to the first game or that it's a game that just shares it's themes, like what Zelda and Final Fantasy do?

I would be much more accepting of it if it was the latter, and also if Takahashi would just say something like "we're experimenting."

EDIT: By the way, your signature is hilarious!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

What's funny is I immediately accepted Wind Waker's art style with open arms and couldn't understand why some people were put off by it. XD

After my last comment, it came to me just WHY does this style bother me so much. Thinking it over, I actually don't actually mind the art style at all, but that it makes me think "Tales of game" instead of "Xenoblade game".

Do we know if this game is a true sequel to the first game or that it's a game that just shares it's themes, like what Zelda and Final Fantasy do?

I would be much more accepting of it if it was the latter, and also if Takahashi would just say something like "we're experimenting."

EDIT: By the way, your signature is hilarious!

From what I can see, the connection from the first game are thematic are best. There's your signature Nopon's, you've got your titans, and presumably, there's going to be Telethia too (as that's the only other creature that was also present in Xenoblade Chronicles X). Xenoblade Chronicles is Nintendo's Final Fantasy (in the most literal sense, Monolith Soft was formed out of former Square employees).

Personally, I can see why people are not too keen with the art style. Yeah, it looks like a Tales Of game, but at the same time, I think that may be intentional on a thematic level. Takahashi's got a metaphorical target on his head until he answers the change in art direction, but I've gotten use to it already. At least the hardware can finally make a Xenoblade Chronicles game look presentable.

And cheers for the signature compliment. I took a page form my old Goofy meme signature when creating it, the corporate advertising signatures just lost their purpose so I decided to back to being old school again in celebration of the new Kingdom Hearts content.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Oh hey nomura designed a character

I was questioning as to whether to believe this or not, but turn's out you're right. In fact he's designed two characters.

DC0upJIUMAE6vUR_thumb.jpg

DC0upvtU0AAMjQm_thumb.jpg

What's even more intentional is that the silver haired guy is called Ira and both members are part of an "Organization".

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

It's kinda funny how the characters he designed are more sensibly dressed then everyone else.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

It's kinda funny how the characters he designed are more sensibly dressed then everyone else.

If this were being made in the PS2 days they probably wouldn't be, I think he's tamed down a bit from back in the day haha.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Praise stud era Nomura!

Honestly, even if this was the crazier Nomura from the PS2 days, his designs would have still been more sensible than...this:

...Is it just me, or is this guy trying to copy Sora?

What's with the diver helmet? And those....metal tubes over his legs? Wait..is the rest of the chaps metal too? Does that mean he'll always have to stand like that?!

Back