• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Monolith Soft (Xenoblade Chronicles thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
so this is pretty much the best jrpg 2000-2010

about 20 hours in and i've barely scratched the surface with all the mechanics like the gems and the sidequests i haven't done

darkheart709

Bronze Member
This game is awesome and the music is amazing. Just wait till you get to the later areas.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I wish I could get this game sooo much. :( Figures that my Wii broke a while back. I guess I'll have to get a Wii U for it. :) It seems fantastic! And I don't mind the graphics at all. :3

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
After being stuck at the Telethia boss fight in the forest for a really long time (like 4 months), I finally got back to this game, beat the boss, and am moving forward again. The game's scope really is amazing. And the music is unbelievable. Yoko Shimomura is a master.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yoko Shimomura is a master.

Shimomura only composed like 1-2 songs for the game. The vast majority of the game's songs are by Manami Kiyota and ACE+.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Shimomura only composed like 1-2 songs for the game. The vast majority of the game's songs are by Manami Kiyota and ACE+.

She actually did exactly 11 songs, if I remember correctly. Seeing as how one of those songs is the masterpiece of a Main Theme, I'd still say she's a genius for her work in the game.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
She actually did exactly 11 songs, if I remember correctly. Seeing as how one of those songs is the masterpiece of a Main Theme, I'd still say she's a genius for her work in the game.

Actually I just verified this and yes it's exactly 11 songs.

I wasn't implying that her work for the game wasn't phenomenal (as per her usual standard), it's just that she composed 11 songs out of 90, while Kiyota and ACE+ did more than half the entire soundtrack between them (and had some of the best songs in the game, at that) and they usually don't get brought up as much (or at all). People also like to credit Mitsuda for the score as a whole even though he only did one song (a really memorable one, but still just one song out of 90 where every single one is great)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
really wish i didn't create a giant backlog of quests because most of the ones from the beginning of the game have negligible rewards at the point i'm at

still gonna work my way up and probably also try to get gems for my party since i've entirely neglected that aspect of the game thus far

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
really wish i didn't create a giant backlog of quests because most of the ones from the beginning of the game have negligible rewards at the point i'm at

still gonna work my way up and probably also try to get gems for my party since i've entirely neglected that aspect of the game thus far

Actually, I would only do as many quests as you feel comfortable with. In my first attempt at a playthrough I did every quest possible before I moved on to the next area and I was 7-8 levels too high for any boss/enemy in the story... It sorta lost it's fun.

I would focus on the timed (expiring) quests and the ones that have decent rewards. Use this spreadsheet, it has a ton of info regarding, well, pretty much anything in the game. I normally wouldn't use a guide but there's so much to do in this game that I need to at least have something to refer to so I can make sure I'm doing everything right.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Figured I'd post this here instead of making a new thread for it:

3ds-Monolith-Soft.jpg

3DS game by Monolith Soft in the making. Apparently they're looking for staff.

source: Concept Art for Monolith Soft's 3DS Project | oprainfall

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The art looks pretty neat! But it's hard to judge based off of this alone.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
It's pretty, but who knows if it'll end up being a part of whatever project they're working on. The fact that they're even making a 3DS game is exciting me, quite frankly.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
So I'm thinking of finding this at a Gamestop nearby (the site said there were copies all over my city) or in some other form. Anyone care to persuade to purchase this or not? I've only heard good things about this

Back