• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Money Troubles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticHeart

Wandering aimlessly through the blind eternities..
I need your advice on something KHI. My Chinese class has a 2 week trip organised to Shanghai University for an easter study camp next year. All we have to pay for is the flights, all academic and lodging fees, including food, are being paid for. At the moment the flights are costing around €900, but some people have found them for around €500. After about a week I've managed to convince my mom, but my dad is still admant that I can't go. We have bonk all money, I'm not working (I've been looking everywhere for a job, but no places are hiring college students atm) and I'm still living at home. This is a great, once in a lifetime opportunity for me. I have no problem working to get some money and I really want to go. So do any of you have any advice on how I could get some money(legitamately and legally), how I could convince my dad and whether or not I'm just being greedy wanting to go? Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for the wall of text.

D

Deleted member 36435

That seems like a waste of money if you aren't going to learn much from it. Are you going to get an /actual/ benefit from going to Shanghai? Probably not.

ChaoticHeart

Wandering aimlessly through the blind eternities..
That seems like a waste of money if you aren't going to learn much from it. Are you going to get an /actual/ benefit from going to Shanghai? Probably not.

We will be doing more advanced language studies, history, chinese caligraphy, and just getting a taste of the culture, as we'll be doing a years study there for our course in a few years.

D

Deleted member 36435

We will be doing more advanced language studies, history, chinese caligraphy, and just getting a taste of the culture, as we'll be doing a years study there for our course in a few years.
And how will this benefit you financially at all? If money is tight you can't just dump it into stuff like this. Who the fuck cares about chinese history?

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Unless you are planning on studying there in the future and take this as an opportunity to get yourself around the place,Then as Victor said there is nothing beneficial about the trip and definitely wasting 900$ sounds pointless at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back