• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Money, Money, Money.....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
A friend of mine seems to be having a problem.

Apparently he's had this uncle who pressured for money for a while. And I kept telling him to tell his family, and he wouldn't. (I couldn't do anything, cause his family's paranoid and wouldn't believe me if I HAD said something)

Here's the kicker: The Uncle now has his hands on the Deed to the house....My friend's money supply has fallen dangerously low, and his job doesn't support him at all. I estimate he's got about two more months, three if he skimps, before the Uncle kicks him out.

He keeps telling his uncle he can't afford such a high price. ($100 for rent, yet my friend barely makes $20 a week, not counting gas bills, phone bills, and such)

The Uncle's merciless, and doesn't give a damn.

Note that I'm taking my friend's word for it, since I've never been to his house. And he's the shy type.

Is there anything he can do, bcause I'm REALLY worried.....

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
How the hell does he only make $20 a week? o.o

That is so far below the poverty level that it's unbelievable. I eat that in food in a day. D8

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I hope what you meant to say was "my friend barely makes $200 a week" because that would make more sense. Has your friend considered getting a second job? He should at least look for a better paying job while working at his current job. And when he finds a better paying one, he can quit the old one. Having a job while looking for another job impresses employers, so I've heard.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
>barely makes 200 a week

that's $10,400 a year. for most people our age, that's not bad at all. shit, I make anywhere from $130-200 a week.

tell your friend to talk to his family. nothing else you can do.

O

Oberon

That seems completely unreasonable. If I were him, I'd sit down with my uncle and let him know the situation.

How old is he, by the way? I'm assuming over 18, so it wouldn't be considered illegal for him to be kicked out.

>barely makes 200 a week

that's $10,400 a year. for most people our age, that's not bad at all. shit, I make anywhere from $130-200 a week.

He said $20, not $200.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
i dunno what to say, my only advice is that he should change his job i am pretty sure that he's not working at minimum wage his employer def cheated him

I hope what you meant to say was "my friend barely makes $200 a week" because that would make more sense. Has your friend considered getting a second job? He should at least look for a better paying job while working at his current job. And when he finds a better paying one, he can quit the old one. Having a job while looking for another job impresses employers, so I've heard.

>barely makes 200 a week

I HAVE....A LOT.......He's paranoid, unconfident, and timid.

For him, he'd rather take the abuse than do something about it. >_>

And for those asking, he IS over 18. (FYI: He's 22)

He's working a FedEx job in some South Side area he won't tell me about....Why? I dunno.

I've kept telling him to stand up to this idiot Uncle, but he won't.

He won't talk to his family, he won't open up to me, and he won't do anything about it.

Is this one of those situations where the saying "You can't save everyone" applies?

Cause I don't want to give up on him.

I've done some reasearch into rent laws, and from what I've seen, the Uncle can charge whatever the hell he wants.

But my friend can barely afford $100 a month (which is what the Uncle is asking for) after getting the bare necessities.

I've told him about finding other jobs, but based on my psychological profile on the boy, (TGhat, and his own hesitation) the employers would eat him alive in a job interview....

D

Deleted member 36435

I've told him about finding other jobs, but based on my psychological profile on the boy, (TGhat, and his own hesitation) the employers would eat him alive in a job interview....
fuck you arent a psychologist tell him to do it anyway

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
im assuming you mean $200 a week, in which case suck a nipple and give the damn uncle $100 a month. i make maybe 700 a month and i usually offer to give my parents a solid 100-150 buckaroonies a month to help out. thats what family's all about broooo.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
bonk you arent a psychologist tell him to do it anyway

That was uncalled for....and I know him well enough that I can read him. That's what I meant. Don't be petty.

And I have been. He's VERY hesi-enough beating around the bush-He's downright scared.

I've promised to go with him to the interviews, and he still won't do them. He HAS been searching online....I'll give him that. No success, obviously.

And Turkey, he only make $100-something per month. The last month or two, he's been digging into his rainy-day fund to get th basic necessities.

Last month, he had $200 in his account. He paid the Uncle, and he's been using small amounts of it for food and other basics...I estimate that in two months, he won't be able to pay the guy at all.

Last edited:

saucegay

$100 a month is like $3+ a day. A FedEx job way less than under-the-table minimum wage (which is like $8.50 depending on state regulations) that sounds like he working at some 3rd world country company? Sounds too many shady to me. Why help the guy if he can't help himself? :\

if worse comes to worst, offer to get a loan. Or help him out financially. I mean, if you really care for the guy, tell his family, even if they don't believe it. You wanna help, do it.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
In the OP, you said he only gets $100 a month, "not counting bills and such".
So, do you mean he gets a sum amount of money, that after bills he only has $100? If not, then either this guy only works like 10 hours a month, or his boss gots him majorly jipped.

Last edited:

saucegay

So, do you mean he gets a sum amount of money, that after bills he only has $100? If not, then either this guy only works like 10 hours a month, or his boss gots him majorly jipped.

EXACTLY. I wish he could specify how much his friend actually makes in a month. :\ It just sounds too shady. A 16 year old working in Burger King full-time can afford it, why can't this guy? I mean, think about it, $100 for rent is IDEAL in most states! You can only find that kind of monthly lease payment in a ghetto run-down room for rent apartments considering that nowadays a decent apartment itself is around $1k+. Unless he's paying too much gas $$$$ on some v8 sports car and can barely pay rent every month D:

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
EXACTLY. I wish he could specify how much his friend actually makes in a month. :\ It just sounds too shady. A 16 year old working in Burger King full-time can afford it, why can't this guy? I mean, think about it, $100 for rent is IDEAL in most states! You can only find that kind of monthly lease payment in a ghetto run-down room for rent apartments considering that nowadays a decent apartment itself is around $1k+. Unless he's paying too much gas $$$$ on some v8 sports car and can barely pay rent every month D:

That's pretty much the problem. He gets gas every day to go to his current job which is on the South Side, so he buys gas almost every day. That, and his van recently broke down. He said that he wouldn't be in the red at all if he didn't have to pay a $500 mechanic bill to fix the damn clunker. >_> (He's a money hoarder usually, but ever since this Uncle came in, he's been forced to pay the guy, and that's been eating huge chunks in what little funds he may have.)

And Luap, yes. He IS getting low amounts of money that he uses to pay bills. (primarily phone and gas) And his boss IS an asshole.

You know what? Instead of skulking KHI for advice, (JK, I love you guys) I think I AM gonna tell his family what's going on, results be damned. If he isn't gonna do something about it, then I'll have to. It's for the best. I mean, I'm not gonna charge in there like some angry gorrilla. I'll be gentle, of course. I'm just worried about what's gonna happen with this Uncle. He's got the deed to the house and I've got a weak argument.....

Thanks, everybody. (And sorry my numbers weren't specific......I was estimating, truth be told. He's never been good with numbers and neither am I. I'm taking his word for it, Like I said. If he'd have told me everything, this would've been a WHOLE lot easier...>_>)

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Is your friend a minority? No, seriously. Getting a $100 a month is bullshit. Average people make around $300 a week. So your friend needs to get a better job. Fast.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
More questions:
Is he working full, or part time (he should be full-time if he's 22 and not a student)?
Is he a student (I mean college)?
Why doesn't he cut back wants (internet speed, cell or house phone, cable, eating out, etc.)?
What is the actual amount he makes (saying he has $100 at the end of month don't tell us anything)?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
You know what? I think i'm gonna analyze all this a little further before I make a decision. I'll probably just end up talking to his family, though. I lack the financial means to support him, (I'm 18, don't have a job. High School Senior. Pathetic I know, but thems the breaks) plus my numbers may be off, I'm not too confident in them.

I appreciate all the advice you guys gave me, but I think i'm just gonna keep seeing him through it. If he doesn't do anything soon, I'll have to take matters into my own hands. (Relax, I don't mean by force or any stupid thing like that)

I'm gonna look at this a bit more before I ask about it again.

Thanks anyway, though. I appreciate all of your help.

And for Luap's questions:

(Full-time)
(High School Graduate)
(He barely does ANYTHING at all. All he mostly buys for is food and gas. Mostly gas. Hell, he doesn't even buy his GAMES, he downloads them)
(I'm actually not too confident in my numbers right now, so I'll double-check)

I'd tell more, but I don't want to violate his privacy.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back