• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MoM's Plan - Mr Darkness - Unchained - (Theory)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
(I hope it's okay to spoil both Japanese X and KHIII at this point)

I don't think that mr 'Darkness' is Vanitas per say but Vanitas is also part of this very same darkness, after all, they teased it quite a bit in KH3 with "What I am is Darkness..."
Far before the keyblade war Ava mention that Ephemer exist in a Unchained state.
There is to me only one known creature which exist on this higher plane, a unversed.
In the mirage arena the final form of what's-its-name is described as being completely unchained and existing on a higher plane.
I found this quite interessting.

Maybe the next enemy is one created from suppressed emotions?
Perhaps there really was a problem with erasing everyone's memories?
Perhaps a great darkness was brewing in the sewers of the subconscious and we're all desperately running from it.
The Darkness/suppressed negative emotions, chained, soon to be unchained, unleashed like the floodgates upon the world(s).
I wanted to connect this to the dark version of the keyblade which exist in the RoD but idk, I think I'll just leave it there.

One more thing though, when the MoM was a kid, could this very same story have repeated in exactly the same way on a lesser scale, in order to seal the true KH in the RoD in the first place?

Edit - Maybe this is stuff everyone have already talked about, been a while since I was here :)

Eonstar890

Awards
I do feel like the story in UX is alluding to the memory erasure causing some sort of problems. Chirithy seems to be feeling pretty guilty about the whole thing..

The unversed enemy from the mirage arena had a whole lot of chain motifs so I that’s probably why it says that, plus it’s kind of not directly related to the story in anyway, but hey ya never know.

The conversations surrounding darkness “evolving” and taking in new forms does make it seem like some sort of darkness may be forming secretly , perhaps in the subconscious or something similar. It’s definitely all good food for thought.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The combinations of the terms 'Unchained' and 'Existing on a Higher Plane' is what makes me think it's definitely a teaser and not just pure coincidence, not to say that it's in any way cannon, or at least it wasn't intended to be at first lol...
If Darkness is evolving and growing it would definitely be because of pressure though, what better place to fester darkness than suppressed negative emotions.

All of this of course have to tie in to the MoM great plan. An end to the war?
I believe he realize that people have to change before kingdoms can and 'out of necessity; Growth'.
He wish to strengthen our hearts, until those pieces of coal crystallize in to diamonds.
Only then can he bring back KH and unite all the worlds without a total reset, otherwise all our memories would be lost and everything start all over again, no matter how clever their new "strong leader" is.
Maybe he's not the big bad but purposefully he will eventually make himself out to be.
Either way I think it's safe to say that the KH franchise have moved on from XH trying to bring the whole world in to darkness to become almighty and blanket the world in nothing.

Edit - I wonder if MoM really is Superbia - Pride, there's only 2 animals I can think of that would fit that mantle, the serpent (which is Envy) and of course, the Goat (and we all know who that is by now), Nomura have also stated that he wanted to tell Xehanorts background story but wasn't sure how to do it now that the DS saga is complete.
Some more food for thought

Edit 2 - MoM want strong individuals, darkness is said to be ones own strength where as light is bonding together and from this perspective we need both. Pooh and Sora's relationship as well as the Toy Story world teased this in KH3.
This was the path that Riku walked.
When KH return the world need to be ready, it's light will erase all boarders and unite everything as one, a strong self is required in order to avoid the end of Evangelion, preserve discernment between souls, preserve life itself and avoid a total reset.
If we can avoid that total reset and still unite the worlds once more we may actually end the keyblade war and bring harmony to the promised land.
There's so much religious symbolism here I could bring up but what's the point lol, the wedding chamber and shit, if you're interested go look up Gospel of Philip :)
Anyway if this is correct the MoM might actually use the whole 'balance between light and dark' dogshit in the correct way, a way where it's nothing at all like a balancing act but rather it become the only way to live life <3

Last edited:
Back