• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Momentos/Flashbacks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas12

Can someone explain these to me? What's the purpose of including these if they are optional? Do they make it clear that you HAVE to watch these to get the full story? From what I've seen you have to watch them all, or it makes no sense.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Can someone explain these to me? What's the purpose of including these if they are optional? Do they make it clear that you HAVE to watch these to get the full story? From what I've seen you have to watch them all, or it makes no sense.

I think you can watch them anytime from the main menu, so they basically just give you the option of watching them now or later. But you do need to watch them eventually otherwise, yes, you will be confused.

I think they were trying to keep from having lots of exposition all at once as much as possible. So they let you watch the exposition at your leisure.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It's just to refresh the memories of those who have played the games, inform for those who haven't played all the games, or for those who went in without playing a single KH game before hand and to give more background information. I don't think you have to watch them.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's just to refresh the memories of those who have played the games, inform for those who haven't played all the games, or for those who went in without playing a single KH game before hand and to give more background information. I don't think you have to watch them.

He's talking about all of the flashbacks to Yen Sid's tower where he explains everything about the Realm of Sleep to Sora and Riku. The game actually gives you the option of completely skipping those cutscenes, and viewing them later in the memoirs menu.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
He's talking about all of the flashbacks to Yen Sid's tower where he explains everything about the Realm of Sleep to Sora and Riku. The game actually gives you the option of completely skipping those cutscenes, and viewing them later in the memoirs menu.

Oh, okay, I thought he was talking about the memoirs.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Okay, okay. Every world has at least one flashback. They either give you more insight into the Realm of Sleep or explain some of the background story and prior events from whatever world you may be in. They are unlocked mid-cutscene and can be viewed at the end of them. They can be skipped and watched later in the Memoirs menu, like you guys said. The momentos are unlocked mid-cutscene too and can be read at the end of whatever scene it's unlocked in.

I wouldn't skip any of the momentos to be honest, unless you've played the other KH games recently. The flashback too. I find them pretty much necessary to understand what's going on. xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, the they are important if one wants to delve into the whole stuff, just like the Chronicles give an overview over the other KH games.
The main reason they were made optional is, according to Nomura, that the fast pace of the story isn't slowed down too much and that these players who want to explore the game in a fast manner can put those extra information aside and continue playing, only looking into them later when they made a break or have finished the game.

hoikess

You also get whole Chronicles that explain/tell the storyof every kh game so newcomers can just read that it's rlly nice written and nice for ppl to refresh their memory alsoabout the story:)

srry for not 100% good english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back