• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Modern-ish Naruto Roleplay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
So the other day I was watching some good ol' Naruto and thought to myself..."I wanna do a Naruto role play." But there's a lot out there...and I wanted to do something different...and that's when the idea of setting it in a new time period came to me. So, let's get started...

The Story & Basics

Three hundred years ago, the Feudal Lords came together to devise a plot. The Lords feared the immense power of the Kage and their soldiers. They felt that in time, their positions would become irrelevant in the face of the ninja world. And so, they used their influence to brand the Kage as traitors. Ninja that refused to submit to the power of the Feudal Lords were executed. Each of the Kages were brought before the Lords, and executed in a live broadcast. After that, the ninja name became synonymous with treachery. The age of Ninja was over.

Today, Five Great Nations still retain chief power in the world. Though separate states, they have been under a strong alliance for the entirety of the 300 year 'calm'. They call themselves the Divine Coalition. The military force of the Coalition is Heaven's Hand. Elite soldiers outfitted with special techniques and advanced tech.

On paper, The Hand is the world's military. They're around to 'protect and maintain the peace'. However, they're true purpose is far more violent. Ninja eradication. Although Ninja Arts have been outlawed, they are by no means extinct. There are still practitioners around, and as long as they are, the Coalition's law is threatened. Those who still practice ninja arts are called 'Users Of The Way'. Known Users possess enormous bounties, and live in hiding from the public. In order to combat

There is also another purpose for The Hand. Jinchuuriki capture.

This is the real focus of the role play. Back during the Ninja Eradication, the Kage devised a plan. The Kage would seal the Bijuu they possessed into a set of seals. These seals would last for many years, but when they finally would weaken, the beasts would be released forming the Juubi. The Kage [Kages??] selected nine clans, powerful and trusted, and within their strongest imparted a special seal that would travel down the bloodline.

These seals were made to react to the revival of the Juubi. When the demon set foot on the earth again, the seals would activate, and pull the beast apart, back into its nine fragments. The decedent that wore the seal would become the new Jinchuuriki.

It was the Kages' plan to have the Jinchuuriki usher in a new era of Ninja.

The role play will revolve around the new Jinchuuriki, those who show them the way, and those who will seek to stop them. The Jinchuuriki will constantly be on the run from the Coalition and Heaven's Hand, and the Hand will always be in pursuit.

I guess it's like Star Wars mixed with FFXIII. That's not a bad thing...right?

More On The Setting

The roleplay is set several hundred years from the Narutoverse as we know it, alternate reality. All the lore is intact, so yes Hyuuga and Uchiha ARE playable [I'm thinking one character allowed for each max]. Technology is advanced, but not to the point of being 'cyberpunk'. Think a few steps up from what we have. Everything is urbanized, you won't find any of the vasts forests of the Land Of Fire in this role play.
A giant set of railways connects each Nation. The railways are suspended high above the old paths, which are inhabited by all kinds of nasties.

The Divine Coalition places a strong focus on security. Although the standard of living is high, personal freedoms under Coalition control are strained. Identification is required at every complex. One wrong move, and your id is added to the blacklist; an enemy of the state. As a result of the strict procedures, criminals who make a living on ID bending and forgery are rampant.

Propaganda and the power of the media is also something I want to make prominent here. The Divine has absolute power here, they're like a dictatorship. You can barely turn the channel on the TV without them drilling their beliefs into you. Ninja have become boogymen, feared by all.

Individual Nations' style and architecture is the only thing I'm having difficulty putting together. If anyone wants to collab with that, I'm more than open.

Jutsu, The Hand, and Character Progression​

In role plays like this, character strength and progression always seems to be an issue. I've been thinking of ways to handle this that will keep up with the style and pace of the role play and here's what I've decided...

Depending on what 'class' [Jinchuuriki, User Of The Way, The Hand] your character is, the way that you learn and develop Jutsu is different.

Jinchuuriki

As a Jinchuuriki, you'll be starting from bare minimum. You may have a few combat skills, know your way around a blade, but basically, you're trash. The Jinchuuriki path is all about progression, and learning how to master your new power.

In the Jinchuuriki template, you'll choose your Chakra Natures [2 Max] and basic skills. As the story goes on, Jinchuuriki will meet up with Masters. These are skilled Users Of The Way that will teach your character new Jutsu, techniques, and styles [like Sage!Mode for example]. Jinchuuriki are aloud three Masters over the course of the story.

User Of The Way

This is a little more traditional way of character growth. You start out with a set amount of Jutsu [i'm thinking six, given the nature of the setting] and develop more as you advance. You'll have the choice of two Chakra Natures.

The Hand

These guys are different. Members of The Hand are masters of Sealing Jutsu. The Seals they use are specially developed to damage a Ninja's ability to manifest and control chakra [similar to the Hyuga Gentle-Fist]. In addition to their Sealing Jutsu, The Hand have access to 'Verses'. These are scrolls that act like artificial forms of various elemental Jutsu, albeit they're much weaker than the real stuff. The tools in the Hand arsenal range from heat/night vision goggles, guns, to heavy armor. They're the ultimate Anti-Ninja Force.

I'll handle the skills of The Hand similar to how The Way characters are. A set number of Sealing Arts & Verses, subject to expansion as time goes on.

The beefed up tech of The Hand operatives may make it seem like the old fashion cats have their work cut out for them. Trust me, it'll be a level playing field.

And that's more or less all that I've got. Hopefully this rough outline is enough to pique interest in you all. Love it? Hate it? Suggestions? Want to collab? Let me know.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Ha, I've wanted to do a modern Naruto RP XD. So I'm guessing the ninja oppressors are going to be basically Samurai right (ya'know with the anti-jutsu techniques)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back