• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

modchip or swap magic?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Wing

Awards
i recently picked myself up a copy of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ but my modded PS2 (slim) stopped reading my backup/imports. i took it in to get fixed but now its scratching my discs D: they don't seem to know whats causing it so if they cant fix it i'm gonna end up getting a new ps2. now to my question, i don't really wanna fork out $80 to get another mod chip installed. i've heard about this cheaper alternative called swap magic. for anyone that's used it before, does it work just as well as using a modchip? any info/ feedback on this would be helpful... one question about it in particular, when you swap the discs, is it still spinning cuz i would think that would eventually burn out the motor?

Gram

Banned
Awards
i dont know if it works better but i use swap magic and it works perfectly and all you have to do (since you have a slim ps2) is get that swap door
Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site (shows what you need for ps2 slim ver.) and disc and replace the door on your ps2 with that one.

no it doesnt still spin after you put the swap magic disc it and set it to the region you open the second door on the swap door and replace the swap disc with your game and it plays.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I have a fat PS2 (not slim). Is the Slide Tool safe? Do you know anyone that has it? I've heard that it isn't safe but it doesn't void the warranty (which is worthless nowadays). What should I do to play the games on my PS2 Fat? Should I just get a slim, or use the slide tool, or any other option?

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a fat PS2 (not slim). Is the Slide Tool safe? Do you know anyone that has it?

I myself have it and use it frequently. It hasn't done anything at all to my PS2 that I have noticed, and I've been using it for 2+ years. If you're really that worried, you could get a Flip Top for PS2 Phat.

I've heard that it isn't safe but it doesn't void the warranty (which is worthless nowadays). What should I do to play the games on my PS2 Fat? Should I just get a slim, or use the slide tool, or any other option?

I recommend just getting the Slide Tool. It's the cheapest option, and it's never made my PS2 do something that it wasn't supposed to.

Dark Wing

Awards
i have one more question. how does swap magic work with multi disc games? is it as simple as just putting in disc 2? or do you have to unplug the sensor that makes the disc stop spinning and then replace it after switching the disc? and if it's a backup/import will it still read the disc with out first using the swap magic disc when switching to disc 2? (i hope that made sense)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
No, it works just fine. It slides pretty naturally, and it's never felt like it could break to be honest.

Really? Thats really good then. I think I'll get the Slide Tool then. I was just always so skeptical because I heard some good, some bad things about it...thats all. Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back