• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mod Problems

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
This isn't America, this is KHInsider.
There is no America on the Internet.

WE'RE GONNA BE BUSH AND SPREAD DEMOCRACY TO THE NET GUIEZ!

Another example.

Quote from some thread said:
The mods here aren't being paid to mod, whereas a principal is being paid to be a manage the school. Big difference in work ethics and how one involves themselves in the community they are in charge of.

Does that make it any clearer?

Lol, don't bitch about mods, their pretty much kids as compared to a full blown professional, if they get on your case what do you think you should do? Uh, correct the error which has been made and don't do it again. Basically all you can do.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Jesus christ, what is this? Where does this come from? Since when is there OMG DRUNK ON POWER JESUS CHRIST MUST BAN ALL MEMBERS? Where does this idea that the Staff is like this come from?

I mean, what the hell kind of power do we have that you would think we somehow get overcome by our massive INTERNET POWER OH GEEZ GUYS? We can delete posts that are spam, close threads that are spam, and move threads that are spam. You know what 99% of the Banned Member List is? Spammers. World of Warcraft advertisement bots. MMO gold farmers.

So, what the hell?

Didn't you know? We're actually given moderator powers in order to keep the peasentfolk in line. Once they step out, even for a moment. WHAM. B&Hammer Time.

Because everyone knows the secret goal of us Moderators is to ruin the lives of every single member that dares to enter our forum space.

The last thing we'd want to do is encourage intelligent discussion and keep the ways clear of people who want to spread their stupidity around.

The other 1% of the Banned list are double/triple/quadruple accounts? x3

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I agree =\

I mean, somedays I find it hard to contain myself D:

I have this power on a KH site, it is like the entire world is in my hands D:

*bans everyone and takes over the site*

xD in all seriousness, I have known far worse sites. I would like to know who these drunk-on-power-crazy-abusive staff are xD they sound intersting.

Eveyone hates mods :3 that is, until they need one xD
This is the one mod i think is completely drunk on power. Soon she will end up trying to ban other mods for fun.

But seriously if the mods were changing your sig that means you had something there you shouldnt. Now if they put "I'm gay" in there i guess childish marks can be on them but really does it matter? All this types of complaints wil get you is a trip to well not here cause you will be banned for a day or two.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
Jesus christ, what is this? Where does this come from? Since when is there OMG DRUNK ON POWER JESUS CHRIST MUST BAN ALL MEMBERS? Where does this idea that the Staff is like this come from?

I mean, what the hell kind of power do we have that you would think we somehow get overcome by our massive INTERNET POWER OH GEEZ GUYS? We can delete posts that are spam, close threads that are spam, and move threads that are spam. You know what 99% of the Banned Member List is? Spammers. World of Warcraft advertisement bots. MMO gold farmers.

So, what the hell?
well muffin, not all of you respect the mods code

one of you (i won't say his name) banned me from the chat because i used his style of jokes (which is crappy) against him in one of my threads

and i can't see any spam in there, nor something wrong i did that deserves banning
in fact, he only banned me because he was angry at me, still is though...

it's only a matter of time he bans me from this site because i wrote this

The other 1% of the Banned list are double/triple/quadruple accounts? x3[/QUOTE]

good thing my other isnt active and good thing it ever wont.

Ok Ok Ok i get where this is going. I realize its just to keep me in order, but someone did put "p.s. im gay" in my sig, other than me.

KairiStar1

I TOTALLY agree that some of the moderators are very rude. One in particular is TheMuffinMan. More than once has this user insulted another forum member. I didnt know at first that he was a moderator until I looked up his profile. I think thats really inappropriate for a moderator to be doing, and he should be either locked from posting for a while or stripped of his moderator title and duties. Cause everyone, especially mods, should be welcoming and RESPECTFUL!! of course anyone can have their own opinions, but no one needs to insult another user!

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
I TOTALLY agree that some of the moderators are very rude. One in particular is TheMuffinMan. More than once has this user insulted another forum member. I didnt know at first that he was a moderator until I looked up his profile. I think thats really inappropriate for a moderator to be doing, and he should be either locked from posting for a while or stripped of his moderator title and duties. Cause everyone, especially mods, should be welcoming and RESPECTFUL!! of course anyone can have their own opinions, but no one needs to insult another user!
actually, muffin is a pretty cool guy

you're talking as if mods are supposed to be nice
they're human beings, they act the way they want

he's not rude because he's a mod, he's rude because that's him :/

don't get the wrong idea muffin, i still hate you XP

KairiStar1

actually, muffin is a pretty cool guy

you're talking as if mods are supposed to be nice
they're human beings, they act the way they want

he's not rude because he's a mod, he's rude because that's him :/

don't get the wrong idea muffin, i still hate you XP

they should be more appropriate, since he could cause people to leave the forum. I wouldnt want to stay at the forum if someones going to be an asshole, for really NO reason.

CtR

they should be more appropriate, since he could cause people to leave the forum. I wouldnt want to stay at the forum if someones going to be an asshole, for really NO reason.

In all honesty I have never yet seen him offend someone who hadn't done something to deserve it.

You say tomaytoe I say tomahtoe xD I don't see anybody leaving because of TMM.

Look, mods aren't meant to hold our hand and be your best friend, they have a job to do, a job that actually requires a little more than wandering around drunk on power and kicking the little people.

Have you ever had to stay up for hours because of trolls? Ever checked that many IP addresses that your eyes start to see numbers everywhere? Have you ever had to chase after and clean up after another ****ing bot when you have already banned bots wowgold1 through to wowgold3478256934785623478

Would you rather have staffers who get on with their job but still retain their personalities, or staffers who are too busy being nice to everyone that the forum crashes and burns because they can't see it happening?

End of the day, if you don't like how they run things, you can always leave and find another forum, hang around there for a few weeks before you realise the exact same thing.

Mods are members too you know, yes they help run and maintain the site, but that doesn't mean they have to false, fake plastic people with no personality because they might offend someone. We ban the bots xD we don't become them.

Besides, I would love to know what complaining and bitching actually achieves, because from my POV all it does is get some people pissed and others offended, if you have a problem with someone in particular, how about you PM an admin or another staffer about it, instead of creating yet another thread in a long line of threads that just sink into mess.

You can't please all the people all of the time, but they do their best, and to be honest, if you think the staff here are bad, you should go check out some other places xD and then come back and complain about offensive or strict. I like the mods here, and no, that isn't just because I am one of them, it is because they.do.their.job.

/post.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Would you rather have staffers who get on with their job but still retain their personalities, or staffers who are too busy being nice to everyone that the forum crashes and burns because they can't see it happening?
Yes would be so awesome.
Look, mods aren't meant to hold our hand and be your best friend, they have a job to do, a job that actually requires a little more than wandering around drunk on power and kicking the little people.
And why not. Dang i thought mods are suppose to hold your hands and skip with you singing the Barney song?????

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
Think of this site like a school. The Mods are sorta like the teachers. They tell how things work if you ask them. Some are nice some can be mean sometimes. They are users too. If you do something stupid or something that goes against the rules of the Forums then they will get on your case. If you keep cool and be nice they will most likely treat you with the same respect.

Mods please set a good example
Other members shut the hell up. Mods are here so spam and to moderate the actions of members.

Do you see the word ''nice'' in that sentence? Nice is a bonus you get if you are not being an ass.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
why do you care?
this forum isn't about that guy alone, it's filled with other members
i'm also having a fight with a mod, but that doesn't mean all of the mods are like him

and i don't think muffin is really an asshole

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards

Moderators shouldn't have to act all goody-goody just because they've been given higher opportunities. They don't have to act like complete jerk-offs either, and they usually don't. If you feel like they're on your case or something, It's probably because you did something wrong, and just because you feel like you're being picked on, you decide to go and complain.

Complaining won't get you anywhere, the mods have been assigned their positions for a reason. They aren't terrible people, they're just members keeping the forums from turning into a mess. Perhaps you're just intimidated by their colourful usernames or something.

The mods here do a good job on these forums though, so if they bother you, get used to it.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Mods aren't exactly the most supportive group on the forums, I'll give you that.

But they have to stick to the rules, too. If they don't, you can report them to other people, too. You should just double check if they're really the ones being wrong, and not you. (Yes, it happens often.)

What most people see as a rude post or an insult, is often just Mods giving advice or teaching you a lesson in their "own personal way".

Sounds stupid, yes, but sometimes you just have to live with the way they talk to others and not take it as an insult straight away.

And I can almost promise you, that a mod will never insult another person or get on their balls for no reason (or if the other one didn't pick a fight first).

EDIT: ^Crap, gotta withdraw that last statement of mine.

Last edited:
T

Tragic Fall

The mods are freaken awesome. They're only mean to you if you're a complete dumbass and you piss them off....like The Froad.

KairiStar1

i had a mod insult me and then insult my friends because "we havent played final fantasy 1-6/dont talk about final fantasy 1-6." what the hell? i made NO insult to him, his post, his opinions, nothing. so i didnt deserve it and the mod continued to boast how he approved of his rudeness and felt it was justly deserved. like, the topic was so blah he just HAD to be a prick for no reason.

im done with this. this shouldnt have started and he shouldnt have said anything. idk if mods are stressed out or whatever, but man up and dont deal it on someone else. grow up a notch. no one needs to be rude to someone who doesnt deserve it.

dont worry, youll get what you earned!! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back